Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc619 View Post
    I LOVE monster hunts!! I do not care much for the leaderboard but like to try for around 5th just for the trade tickets. I wonder how these work. Are the same 20 ppl all on the same 20 people's lists? I don’t know how else to word that. Say I have 20 ppl on my list and one of them is my neighbor. Will she have the same ppl on her list that I have on mine and so on? I hope any of that makes sense and that someone can answer it for me. Sorry to ask a silly question
    I think I understand what you're asking so I'll give you my general understanding of LB brackets. Let's say 200,000 people play CS in total. When an LB comes around, s8 randomly pulls players and puts them into groups of 20 (but sometimes less) to form a bracket; that's the list of names you see - your bracket. So for this example, there would be a total of 10,000 different brackets each containing 20 random players.

Sometimes you'll have neighbors or names you recognize and sometimes not but during the event, a player can only see the other 19 players in their own bracket. If I have a neighbor that is not in my bracket, their list will contain 20 different players than mine and so on and so forth. No one is really sure how they group us so far as we know it's totally random. I have heard of players seeing the same names in their brackets more than once but so far I've always had different players to my knowledge. I hope I explained that in a way you can understand. The downside of internet communication is the difficulty we sometimes face when trying to describe things with words only.

I'm terribly confused about the Mythic Research Center. I've seen people talk about crafting it in the trade wagon, but the only things I can craft with the gold coins are the cooking camp and the wizard's portal. Do you have to be a certain level to get the MRC or do you have to complete a certain quest line to unlock it? I've tried reading the guides on the forum, but it just seems to be taken for granted that everyone has it or can get it from the trade wagon. Can anyone help?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EsmeW2 View Post
    I've got just one armoured flyger, which I got during the last monster hunt. I can't pretend that I collect from it every day - I sometimes forget, but I've yet to see it deliver a single expansion permit. Maybe it would be more generous if it had a few flyger friends but I'm going to wait to see if I ever get a permit before I use up precious resources on making another flyger.

I've never regretted getting Lorelai's fountain. You always get a few gold coins from it, so it's a bonus every hunt.

Really enjoying this hunt. Have a new armoured alicorn and am about to get my fourth and final unicorn. (Decided not to go for the second cabbage hut at the moment since the tent hasn't had much that I've wanted for a while.)

For the last couple of leader board events I'm made an attempt to come last (it's really very hard to do this!) but this time all the monster bashing means I'm accidentally sitting at the top on one of my games. I'm sure it won't last, but the other players haven't been that active and I had a lucky surprise drop of 100 energy from an alicorn yesterday
    The armored flygers are the least generous when it comes to expansion permits. The white flygers and regular direwolfs have much better drop rates for permits.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by aurorapayens View Post
    I'm terribly confused about the Mythic Research Center. I've seen people talk about crafting it in the trade wagon, but the only things I can craft with the gold coins are the cooking camp and the wizard's portal. Do you have to be a certain level to get the MRC or do you have to complete a certain quest line to unlock it? I've tried reading the guides on the forum, but it just seems to be taken for granted that everyone has it or can get it from the trade wagon. Can anyone help?
    You are right. I couldn't find more info than these ones ...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-How-it-works

I think the goal will just pop up. But it might require to complete other goals before. I cant remember at all !
    Maybe it depends of Princess Lorelei's Fountain and The Locket ...
    Look carefully on that link above and the goals you have going on ...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aurorapayens View Post
    The MRC should become available at Level 22 and you craft it in the Trade Wagon. The craft stays in the Wagon in and out of seasons. Are you L22 or more?

edit: This level was the requirement when Season 5 introduced the Mythic Research Center / Glimmer Alicorn / Glimmer Dragon / Lost Locket story.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The MRC should become available at Level 22 and you craft it in the Trade Wagon. The craft stays in the Wagon in and out of seasons. Are you L22 or more?

edit: This level was the requirement when Season 5 introduced the Mythic Research Center / Glimmer Alicorn / Glimmer Dragon / Lost Locket story.
    Thank you! I'm level 21, so that's why it's not available yet. I knew there was probably a simple answer to this, but darned if I could find it anywhere. Your help is much appreciated!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheers196 View Post
    I am also debating if I should go for the portal or not. It requires lots of gold tokes but isn?t it better energy return to have the level 5 portal than having 2 of armored direwolf? Or am I wrong? Math people, please tell me!
    Hmmm... you got me thinking; I'm wondering the same thing. And I'm close to being able to get one or the other. The armored direwolf is 85 gold (and 75 mithril, which can take a while to build back up for that 2nd direwolf). 2 direwolf would be 170 gold; they drop 20, 40, or 60 energy every 5 days for a daily energy average return of 4,8 or 12 energy. For 2 direwolves that would net 8, 16 or 24 average daily energy. A level 5 portal cost 175 gold (and other resources, but nothing that is too difficult - 5 more gold than the 2 direwolves) and gives 8 energy every 5 hours. If you collect 3 times daily that is 24 energy daily (4 collections daily would be 32 energy).
    In doing the math (if my math and thinking is correct) the portal actually nets more average daily energy. I'm guessing the direwolf wouldn't drop 60 energy that often. Personally, I prefer energy daily vs more energy every 5 days.
    I'm guessing, but we don't know for sure, that you can level up the portal between monster hunts if you get enough gold tokens from your beastbane display and unicorns.
    Can anyone confirm my math and thinking?

*** Wizard Portal = max 2 ***

lol, no surprise
    *** Thuaki Sword Society ***
    Northern Lord of War and Thuaki-Man-At-Arms weaponed with Barbarianbattleaxe #01 and Longsword #18
    Paladin and Lover of Cupperbuts evil Sisters

S8, take away the Cap from Decorations and Animals

Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    they drop 20, 40, or 60 energy every 5 days for a daily energy average return of 4,8 or 12 energy. For 2 direwolves that would net 8, 16 or 24 average daily energy.
    they drop 20 energy, sometimes 40, and very rare-rare 60
    so 4 energy per day vs 4-8 per 5h....
    *** Thuaki Sword Society ***
    Northern Lord of War and Thuaki-Man-At-Arms weaponed with Barbarianbattleaxe #01 and Longsword #18
    Paladin and Lover of Cupperbuts evil Sisters

S8, take away the Cap from Decorations and Animals

Executive Chef
    So I?ve got the lion. I just want the trade coins for the Wizards Portal, boy is that going to take a while to get fully levelled up. I?m in 2nd as we speak. Not that I really care that much about that. Although I would be interested to know the drops for the normal Lion and the Royal one. I?m playing against 2, yes 2 neighbours. And each morning someone new is in the lead. Lol. Someone last night jumped to double the total to what the second place was sitting at.

I?m not currently considering talking to my LB players and seeing if they want to do a joint place. These monster hunts combined with the LB events are making it impossible to join together along with causing some to stop and lost trade coins as a result. Which I found out last time too.

So with a heavy heart I?m just carrying on and aiming for as many trade coins as is possible. Am I right it?s also a couple of days longer as well?
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.