Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bybrr View Post
    I've been at it all day and only have 2 gold tokens. What am I doing wrong? At this rate I won't accomplish much.
    Are you relatively new low-level player with 40 energy every two hours, like me? The people zooming along have armies of alicorns and other energy-dropping pets that allow them to accumulate 900, 1000 or 1500 energy. Whereas I with my 40 often cannot finish a purple golem in one sitting - even with frequent critical hits of 2 and 3 points I will still need 30+ energy.

The problem for us with events is that we have to stop "playing" anything else in our kingdom and use all of our energy for the event. Because I am a compulsive clicker, I have to store everything to keep from using it: kitchen, workshop, library, marketplace, character houses - they all must be banked if I want to reach the goal - in this case, the lion pet at 1750 points. (not the leaderboard prize walker.)

I did buy the Beastbane at my first monster hunt. It has a little time-limited "quest" that gives a gem reward if you buy it - basically a rebate. Full prices was 400, then I got like 25-75 (can't remember) afterwards. It drops gold uncommonly - in the three months I have somewhere between 30 and 40 gold tokens.

Best wishes.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by candylou36 View Post
    My timer says 8d22h 50 minutes. Is this corret, this event started at 2pm my time. How could 1 day go bye already?

I consulted with Old Thomas. He quoted from the ancient tome of S8 Travel Guide:

All quests to Kingdoms within the Provence of S8 involve crossing the International Date Line.

Fashion Designer
    how to get most gold tokens: fight golems and blue boars. make gold tokens. if you end up with too many shield tokens, do the easiest trade. if you end up with too little sword tokens, fight lions

Fashion Designer
    s8 PLEASE consider offering those mystery chests every few hundred points even after getting the main prize.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    s8 PLEASE consider offering those mystery chests every few hundred points even after getting the main prize.
    And throw some crowns in one or two of them
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    How can I get more staff tokens? they seem to be my limiting factor for crafting gold tokens. It's my first monster hunt so I never got the statues etc...

Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Okay, I admit. By incorporated into the Monster Hunt, the Leaderboard has become much less of a chore since we get point by hitting monster (which we mainly do in MH).

But I still hate the new format where you can only have ONE Pet animal (not counting the fancier version from the rank prize) as a final LB milestone. I remember back in the good old days, you could craft 2, 3 or even more pets depend on your liking, given that you have enough dedication, time and resources.

Just bring back the option to craft the pet straight from the Token (without limitation in quantity, of course) and replace the last LB milestone prize with something else. After all, the Pet animal is suppose to be the grand prize of MH, NOT the LB!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragosle View Post
    Okay, I admit. By incorporated into the Monster Hunt, the Leaderboard has become much less of a chore since we get point by hitting monster (which we mainly do in MH).

But I still hate the new format where you can only have ONE Pet animal (not counting the fancier version from the rank prize) as a final LB milestone. I remember back in the good old days, you could craft 2, 3 or even more pets depend on your liking, given that you have enough dedication, time and resources.

Just bring back the option to craft the pet straight from the Token (without limitation in quantity, of course) and replace the last LB milestone prize with something else. After all, the Pet animal is suppose to be the grand prize of MH, NOT the LB!
    I agree. I don't see the point of fighting the lions this mh unless I think I need to craft items to reach 2300 points. At least this time the MH monster drops the other tokens also.

Bybbrif this is one of your first hunts 2 gold tokens a day is great. I think my first one I got 15 for the event.

Princess Thanks for the info on which animals to craft. I decided to craft Lorelei's fountain (I get 3-5 extra gold tokens each MH) I did craft the necklace to clear the goal. Then the MRC. I have since been able to craft 3 unicorns. My goal for this MH is my 4th Unicorn. Then one of the armored guys.

Rhino Keeper
    @PrincessCupOButter
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'll plan to get 1 unicorn first since I think extra tokens would be good even if the gold ones are rare. And then collect up my gold and see what I can get after that - maybe an armored ali or if I can get enough tokens maybe I'll wait and collect up dew again until I can get another unicorn. (I only have enough spellbound dew for 1 unicorn right now).

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I agree. I don't see the point of fighting the lions this mh unless I think I need to craft items to reach 2300 points. At least this time the MH monster drops the other tokens also.

Bybbrif this is one of your first hunts 2 gold tokens a day is great. I think my first one I got 15 for the event.

Princess Thanks for the info on which animals to craft. I decided to craft Lorelei's fountain (I get 3-5 extra gold tokens each MH) I did craft the necklace to clear the goal. Then the MRC. I have since been able to craft 3 unicorns. My goal for this MH is my 4th Unicorn. Then one of the armored guys.
    Yeah I think I got about 15 gold tokens in my first Monster hunt too. That was a 7 day hunt (I think) and this one is a few days longer. 2-3 gold tokens a day is good if you don't have a lot of extra energy sources. Last hunt I managed 30 something tokens but by then I had 2 wizards schools and a few alicorns. My kingdom is pretty much completely abandoned for the duration of the hunt except for wizard schools and anything else that give energy (adventures, ali, etc). I do collect from my 1 golden mine, but other than that nothing get collected. I used to have difficulty resisting collecting other stuff but now I can ignore it easily.

At least the lions drop shield and sword tokens. I will fight some of them simply to help with the massive token imbalance I have going on (way too many staff tokens and not enough sword tokens - and you can't even trade the staff tokens unless you have 25 sword tokens).

Quote Originally Posted by manu90ela View Post
    How can I get more staff tokens? they seem to be my limiting factor for crafting gold tokens. It's my first monster hunt so I never got the statues etc...

Thanks!
    Fight more glimmer golems (they spawn from horses). Soon you will have more staff tokens then you can use.

I finished a golem and a lion with no points then got a few from dire. Did I do something wrong? Or anyway to get points back?
    All goals and pop ups were up when I started