Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/23: Monster Hunt season 13 | (all info/goals/inventory on page 1)

Executive Chef
    I was just focusing on the monster hunt got one wizard portal level to 5 drops 8 energy every 5 hours When to bed two hours before LB ended to my suprize I won the loin got two trade tickets from it ,

Rhino Keeper
    I just got an enchanted lantern from my royal lion-the prize from the LB. i have already finished the Sabrina/Thurston quest, so I am wondering if this means that we are going to need those lanterns for expansion in the future.
    S8 please remove cap on level

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerygame99 View Post
    *allowing blue dire boars to appear more than once
    I assumed this was a coding error introduced by accident, lol. There was a different problem for blue dire boars early in this topic, and Storm8 posted that they fixed it. So I'm assuming it was unintentional. Really made the Hunt good for everyone, though - beat the heck out of wasting energy looking for elusive fangbeasts!!

I liked the 10-day period, also.

--------------------

Not directed at you, but at the forum in general:
    It's demoralizing for new players such as myself to read about people who had 600+ energy saved up from their army of alicorns, usually made from the Love Shack, only issued in 2013. I have to log in every 2 hours for my 40 energy, plus wizard schools every 5. I am level 38 and delighted to walk away with 60+ tickets. We are not playing the same game, and at times I wish I'd never found the forums. Ignorance was bliss. :-(

Caddyshack 1981
    Judge Smails (Ted Knight): But how do you measure yourself against other golfers?
    Ty Webb (Chevy Chase): By height.

Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Thanks, must have missed it. Will check alone. See how many depending what I can buy with what I made, plus beasrbane if I?m short a bit I can always wait. The dire wolf has become a joke. When it first came, I was few short of enough. Now I can afford it but I wait for next hunt in case there is something better and there is again.

So do others prefer expansion helping over energy animals everytime or do you prefer a mix of both? And does it mske a different as to which expansion animal to get? For example I saw a couple good comments for white flyer, but nothing about peacock. So not sure if 4 of all wil Help.
    Can you elaborate on which peacock you are referring to? I have all 4 golden peacocks from the MRC, and they drop eggs and golden items. I have the Spring peacock from some event, and it says it has a chance to drop energy, but all I ever get is eggs. And 2 royal peacocks, from another event that also drop eggs (and maybe jewels?). I checked the inventory list in the Hub, and I can’t find any peacocks that drop any type of expansion supplies.

As for the white flygers, armored flygers, and regular direwolves....they are on my must collect from list. I am able to keep up with lanterns due to the wisp and lantern drops, plus I usually get at least one expansion permit per week, occasionally more. I have two armored direwolves, and I actually appreciate the extra energy every 5 days. Even when they drop only 20 energy, it’s still a good return IMO, net 19 energy with one click is helpful to me.

The new armored lion has dropped trade tickets twice, which is helpful, but, for me, it’s not a very good return for all those gold nuggets. The regular prize lion (NOT 1st/2nd place, which I do not have, since I came in 8th) hasn’t dropped anything spectacular for me, and I usually skip it since I get plenty of wisps from the flyger/direwolf herd.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post

--------------------

It's demoralizing for new players such as myself to read about people who had 600+ energy saved up from their army of alicorns, usually made from the Love Shack, only issued in 2013. I have to log in every 2 hours for my 40 energy, plus wizard schools every 5. I am level 38 and delighted to walk away with 60+ tickets. We are not playing the same game, and at times I wish I'd never found the forums. Ignorance was bliss. :-(

Caddyshack 1981
    Judge Smails (Ted Knight): But how do you measure yourself against other golfers?

Here here. Well said.

I can TOTALLY relate... I'm level 44, which I feel is an inflated level because of all the chop/chop events I've participated in that artificially elevate your XP. This hunt I barely squeaked out 70 tokens and now have my MRC baking in the oven. Sadly, it sounds like when it's finished I won't be able to make anything with it because I'll have used up all the tokens I had just to build it. Now I'll have to wait three or more months for the next MH. But... I'm not going to feel disheartened by any of this or all the accounts from people that produced 2x / 3x as many tokens as I have. It just shows me there's a path to a "better life", even if it's without the Love Shack (but I wouldn't mind if they offered it to us newbs). LOL!

After all... this was my third MH and I DID far exceed my results from the previous two MH's so I have reason to celebrate. Ignorance would be somewhat blissful but I don't think I would have done as well this MH without the insights from this forum so it kinda cuts both ways.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Executive Chef
    I am a level 50 player and it certainly is not a level playing field. I have accepted that, and I'm happy to keep growing my kingdom in my own ways and in my own time.
    I have a fair amount of daily Ali's but not herds and herds of the weekly like some.
    Btw the winner in my LB had 55,000 plus. Can you guess that would be? lol. Needless to say, I didn't even come close.

Also, I feel the forum stayed true to form when so many posted help concerning the best strategy of fighting the boars and golem. Math whizzes sharing their observations and others answering any questions about the boosts.
    Last edited by riverly; 08-02-18 at 09:18 AM.

Fashion Designer

--------------------

Caddyshack 1981
    I have a herd of Ali’s, no Love Shack. I have earned them in events and received them from the Baron‘s tent. I even got a regular Ali once, watching the ads. I bought 2 daily Ali’s when they were on sale. It does take effort and game play to get them. By no means easy. I feel this is a reward for playing pretty much every day for years. And I hear the Love Shack is not very generous anyway. Just my experience with Ali’s. (and yes, I have not forgotten the Wedding Ali incidence)
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    I have a herd of Ali’s, no Love Shack. I have earned them in events and received them from the Baron‘s tent. I even got a regular Ali once, watching the ads. I bought 2 daily Ali’s when they were on sale. It does take effort and game play to get them. By no means easy. I feel this is a reward for playing pretty much every day for years. And I hear the Love Shack is not very generous anyway. Just my experience with Ali’s. (and yes, I have not forgotten the Wedding Ali incidence)
    I agree with all this, but there should be a way for S8 to Group players more evenly. Probably not possible, but that's what makes players dislike LBs

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by topmom952 View Post
    I agree with all this, but there should be a way for S8 to Group players more evenly. Probably not possible, but that's what makes players dislike LBs
    My issue with LB's is that every other aspect of CS is about helping each other, giving gifts, answering requests, rooting each other onwards with our never-ending goals. A leaderboard event, which isn't split up evenly, can create animosity, guilt, and a loss of that friendship feeling.

Almost every other game I play with other people has PVP, and I really enjoy the fact that CS doesn't. Didn't.

And on top of a MH, even those who would normally bow out (myself included) it kinda pushed us into it with gold hunting. It was a fruitful hunt at 10-days length; my unicorns and armored alicorns are at max, I've got an armored flyer now, close to my second. Due to my hunting, and the unbalanced LB boards, I ended up winning my bracket and have the Royal Lion.

I don't feel great about it like I do with most prizes. I feel guilty that 18 other players didn't receive it as well.