Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Videos do not play

Dragon story videos

I spend 10 minutes waiting for some videos to finish but after all that waiting stillshows video did not finish - especially my cafe ad. please remove

Farm Supplier
    Hi guys! I m experiencing something different. When I try to speed up the Arena counter I receive an error message that the video failed to load and invites me to try later. Am I the only one? What should I do to solve it? Thanks for your help!

Executive Chef
    You know, it would be really awesome if either a moderator or, preferably, a Storm8 staff member, would come to this thread and explain to us more about the videos. This is a perpetual issue. What I do know is this:

1. Videos are not guaranteed, so if you don't get them, it isn't something S8 is going to fix. It does mean that players who get the videos have advantages over those who don't, unfortunately, such as being able to get through battles/tournaments more quickly and/or getting prizes such as coins (really helpful when you start a new account, but useless later), food, Adventure tickets, bombs, and, on extremely rare occasions, a dragon.

2. Videos frequently have issues of: not showing up at all, freezing, not loading/playing at all, finishing but then not giving credit for having watched the video. Also, the videos are too repetitive and some have questionable storylines. What I want to know is: Does S8 have control over *any* of this? If so, why isn't any of it ever fixed?

I recently started a 3rd account, and it only got videos the first two nights after I created it. Since then, nada, which is ok, but at the same time, when you are first starting out, you need all the extra coins and food that you can get. Plus that account has to always wait an hour for every battle, whereas my other accounts can (usually) use videos to speed through a few rounds, although right now my middle account is also not getting videos.

I would also like to know how many videos we get to watch per day. I guess I could count sometime. It seems like maybe 10? But sometimes I will get one or two, then it tells me I'm done for the day, and then it pops up again later and lets me watch a couple more. I guess the lack of consistency is part of the annoyance. Anyway, for 24 hours I am not going to watch videos in *any* of my 3 DS and 3 FFS accounts and see if that kind of "resets" them and then I can get a regular amount "added to my account" at the same time every day, if that makes sense. It sucks because I really want to use videos to finish off the Orchid dragon on my oldest account, the only one that doesn't have Orchid yet.

I would also like to know if it depends on what type of device you are playing on. Any answers about this would be greatly appreciated, S8, especially since the exact same questions keep popping up over and over. There should really be a sticky thread or something about this.
    Last edited by mymonta; 05-27-19 at 02:45 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by giuarm24 View Post
    Hi guys! I m experiencing something different. When I try to speed up the Arena counter I receive an error message that the video failed to load and invites me to try later. Am I the only one? What should I do to solve it? Thanks for your help!
    This usually means that you have watched your limit for the day and need to wait until more videos become available the next day. You could try force closing your game or something to see if that helps. Sometimes I power my phone off for a while and hope that it gets all "reset" or "synchronized" or whatever on earth it needs to do.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DottySpottyYeah View Post
    Wow I didn?t even know there was an arena speed up to be gained from watching videos. I?m watching them whenever available but this never popped up as a prize. I would love to have this prize as well and I?m still hoping to win one of the animals of course.

My Cafe ad is also giving me the message that the video didn?t finish even though I watched it completely until the finishing screen with the closing button appeared several times now. Please fix this as it is really annoying.
    I don't know if the Arena speed ups are available to everyone or not. What happens is, when you finish a round, it will give you the option to watch a video to skip the 1 hour wait time, or to spend 4 gold to skip the wait time. If this message isn't popping up for you, you probably don't have it.

Getting a Dragon from a video is very rare - happens only every few months for me, although that could be because i use most of my videos for arena speed ups and not to get prizes. I got the Shoreline dragon about 3 times, which means I have 1 i can disenchant. I also got an Egyptian dragon, which I just found out costs 1600 Essence to craft, so I think I got pretty lucky there!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    This usually means that you have watched your limit for the day and need to wait until more videos become available the next day. You could try force closing your game or something to see if that helps. Sometimes I power my phone off for a while and hope that it gets all "reset" or "synchronized" or whatever on earth it needs to do.
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
    Well, normally, when I have used all the videos the icon disappears. So if I?m still able to push on it is because I still have some videos to watch!
    I started acting like you, taking a pause when the loading failure happens and hoping it would work later. Actually sometimes it restarts working but sometimes it doesn?t! I have a little suspect: maybe they haven?t enough videos for everybody... so they need to recharge them manually...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51ACC4C8-AE0E-4F14-9976-E40B8678C30A.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	51940  

Executive Chef
    often i get the videos and it is just a blank, black screen. and i have to force close my game to get out of it. i can't even tell you what AD it was because it never even loads. this occurs a couple times a day.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Farm Supplier
    So for over one month I have not been able to get a video to show what can be done to rectify this please really needs these videos for tournaments

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogotwo View Post
    I spend 10 minutes waiting for some videos to finish but after all that waiting stillshows video did not finish - especially my cafe ad. please remove

This is a known issue. Merging your thread with the current bug thread.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this ad is giving you trouble. I'll complain to our partners again.

Can you let us know the contents of the ad and the behavior the ad is doing (black screen, not loading, etc)?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-28-19 at 10:56 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Mostly free gift videos don't work
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190620_103404.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	52121
    Extra Battle videos. Don't work either
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190620_103800.jpg 
Views:	27