View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 140 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by missyzsazsa View Post
    How can I hit start event?
    Over on the right hand side, the icon with the two fawns (and probably something like "9 days" or "8 days". When you click it, what does it say?

Rhino Keeper
    I feel silly about this one. I play a lot of Storm 8 games and I'll admit I'm not the best neighbor on Castle Story (I do try to daily give at least), but I enjoy how I can just play my own mostly single player game. I honestly didn't realize you COULD have more than one Marketplace/Libraries/etc. For some reason I thought it was like a fixed number like Workshops. So I started out behind because I hit up my first (and ONLY at the time) marketplace BEFORE starting the event. Then I was slow to check out the forum for the keys. I didn't even know you could get coins from cottages/farmhouses until yesterday.

So I'm on Chapter 3 and maybe get like 5-10 keys a day from my other (moderately active) neighbors. I'm not doing too hot on this event, lol. I hope I can get the Meadow Wolf . . . I have low expectations here.

I'm level 37 and still apparently learning new things about this game. XD

New Resident

Unhappy

those seeds are pain in the neck! non stop adventures and still waiting for seeds. why are seeds being so shy?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    THIS!!! I am in the same boat with you. I had 50+ swords when this started plus I?ve been making more as it went along and I?m out. Still need 1 more seed. It?s day 5 and I?m still on day 3....not happy.
    Same here. Got started late due to being in a WiFi desert. Now my adventures are not dropping anything. at. all.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Fashion Designer
    Can someone tell me why the trees and flowers stopped dropping coins, flowers and meadow sap after I finished Chapter 5?

This is the worst event I've ever seen for drops, and I have been collecting from the adventure every hour and a half, but it's very rare to get seeds.

Also, what's the Fire Fox and is it worth 400 gems? I don't remember seeing it to buy and despite playing for over 4 years, I don't have one. I know it's on the list of items that drop swords, but what else does it drop and what's the collection time? Thanks!

Rhino Keeper

I?m confused about this new goal don?t make community chest

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The Meadow Wolf & Keys Information

Info from SgtBeebo @ Storm 8:
    * This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you'll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop.
    * The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.
    * You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
    * You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.
    * You can use the Wood Coins to up-convert to Bronze Coins, and so on.

Community Chests:
    * If you ask neighbors for Keys, you can open Chests to get even more (various types) of Coins.
    * The final Meadow Wolf goal will require 8 Gold Coins, and 3 Platinum Coins.

* There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

There should also be a quest rewarding players 20 keys live for the next 24 hours for those who missed out on their daily today.

Workshop
    What can you craft?
    Bronze coin - 5 minutes - 25 wood coins
    Silver coin - 10 minutes - 8 bronze coins
    Gold coin - 15 minutes - 5 silver coins
    Platinum coin - 30 minutes - 2 gold coins
    Meadow Wolf - 1 hour - 5 gold coin, 3 platinum coin

Basic community chest - 5 minutes - 5 community keys (neighbour requests)
    Deluxe community chest - 5 minutes - 10 community keys
    Premium community chest - 5 minutes - 20 community keys

Q: What can you get in The Premium chest?
    A: It has a chance for Gold and Platinum coins.

Q: Why key craft should I do?
    A: It is possibly a better strategy to do the Premium craft till you at least have your platinum coins first. The random factor of what drops makes this a difficult question to answer.

Q: Should I GIVE the coins through the goal book or CRAFT one?
    A: Doing the goal ?gives? you a wolf, so you actually save that hour of crafting time. Then apparently the goal starts over.

Community Keys - Daily Goals
    Info from SpiritWind - looks like there has been quite a few glitches and changes in the first 24 hours and they have since been resolved. This is the daily goal where you can ask for keys.

Note: 200 is a random number. it is a fix so that we can still send neighbor requests even when we have 20 keys in inventory.

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests! *This goal will NOT affect your progression.
    Goal 1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
    Rewards: n/a

The Meadow Wolf Goals
    Note: coins you collect along the way will count towards any unforged/unused coin crafts.
    Note: this goal is optional and will not impact on the Storybook event to craft the Fawn.

Note: Once you complete the goals, they will begin again! So, you can have multiple Meadow Wolfs!

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
    Goal 1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/20 GO
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!

Baron: First you'll need to find the first coin. I know it sounds simple, but trust me, you need my help!
    Goal 2:
    * Ask for Community Keys
    * Open a basic community chest 0/1 GO
    * Find a wood coin 0/25 GO
    Congratulations: Baron: We mustn't stop at Wood! Could you imagine the number of Wood Coins you'd need to pay my wages? Ha!

Baron: I'm glad to see your interest in these lowly coins. It's always good to keep yourself occupied with a hobby!
    Goal 3:
    * Forge bronze coins 0/8 GO
    * Forge a silver coin 0/1 GO (skip 5 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: How resourceful! You've made a better coin with the coin you had!

Baron: Pardon my temper... I just get so excited when I see gold! But you knew that about me. Silly old Baron!
    Goal 4:
    * Forge silver coins 0/5 GO (skip 25 gems)
    * Forge a gold coin 0/14 GO (skip 5 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: All right, you've shown your s****s now. May I have coins now please?

Baron: Perhaps you've thought about putting you money into charity? Helping the needs barons of the world?
    Goal 5:
    * Forge gold coins 0/2 GO (skip 10 gems)
    * Forge a platinum coin 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: One can only hope, even as your riches grow, you'll remember those who have been beside you from the beginning, with no ulterior motives of course!

Baron: It's ever so nice of you to give, Ruler.
    Goal 6:
    * Give gold coins 0/8 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
    * Give platinum coins 0/3 GIVE (skip 120 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp + Meadow Wolf
    Congratulations:

A Thank You from Storm8 (24 hours)
    Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
    1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
    Rewards: n/a

Ivy: Thank you for being a valued Castle Story player! Please accept this gift on our behalf.
    2:
    * Accept 20 community keys 0/1 ACCEPT
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp +20 community keys
    Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!

I?m confused about the % goal. Shouldn?t we use the chest during the game ? Timed sensitivity? Is it just there to receive more than 20 in inventory? How many do you need to get to 100. Wouldn?t we want to make them every day due to the time sensitivity. If I waited until I had 100% the event would be over. I do have like 12-15 left over but I haven?t gotten enough to have 40 to do 2 premium chest. Seeems like I would by now because 3 days ago I had 15 in inventory and again 15 then, the next day I had to make another basic chest for a goal, now today I have 12 extra today. Then today I checked this forum to keep updated and I read where it says don?t make chest? That is what confused me if I don?t make them I will have material to make them .....but no chest due again to time sensitivity. I hope this makes sense to you. If it just there to help use have more than 20 in inventory ok but it did not say that. I understood I had to get to 100% to make it work because it says to save and don?t make chest to get more. Please help me understand better.

Thank you so much 
    Last edited by LyonLorio; 07-16-18 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Left words out

Quote Originally Posted by LyonLorio View Post
    I?m confused about the % goal. Shouldn?t we use the chest during the game ? Timed sensitivity? Is it just there to receive more than 20 in inventory? How many do you need to get to 100. Wouldn?t we want to make them every day due to the time sensitivity. If I waited until I had 100% the event would be over. I do have like 12-15 left over but I haven?t gotten enough to have 40 to do 2 premium chest. Seeems like I would by now because 3 days ago I had 15 in inventory and again 15 then, the next day I had to make another basic chest for a goal, now today I have 12 extra today. Then today I checked this forum to keep updated and I read where it says don?t make chest? That is what confused me if I don?t make them I will have material to make them .....but no chest due again to time sensitivity. I hope this makes sense to you. If it just there to help use have more than 20 in inventory ok but it did not say that. I understood I had to get to 100% to make it work because it says to save and don?t make chest to get more. Please help me understand better.

Thank you so much 
    This goal is not meant to be completed. It is not possible to get to 100% because the key max is 99. It was placed so that we could still request keys daily even if we already had some in inventory. Go ahead and craft your chests.
    Good luck with the wolf!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Chapter 5 where we need 25 meadow saps should I wait to collect the total 25 until the end of the day so I can still get meadow flowers or just follow the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by 55lee55 View Post
    Can someone tell me why the trees and flowers stopped dropping coins, flowers and meadow sap after I finished Chapter 5?

This is the worst event I've ever seen for drops, and I have been collecting from the adventure every hour and a half, but it's very rare to get seeds.

Also, what's the Fire Fox and is it worth 400 gems? I don't remember seeing it to buy and despite playing for over 4 years, I don't have one. I know it's on the list of items that drop swords, but what else does it drop and what's the collection time? Thanks!
    In storybook events the drops stop in between chapters. It’s a good rule of thumb to hold off on completing each chapter as long as possible in order to keep the drops active.

The fire fox was from a special event.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ift!-*EXPIRED*
    We had to purchase boxes for a chance to win one, or materials to craft one. After much outcry they gave all players 2-3 boxes as a thank-you gift. The fox has an 8 hour timer, drops listed below. I am glad to have one, but I don’t know that I’d pay 400 gems for it.

The Hub
    Fire Fox
    Info: This little fox is burning for some mischievous fun.
    Found: may be in the Fiery Mystery Box, or buy fur (15 gems each) and then craft the fox in the workshop - this will cost 1125 gems
    Drops: Coal, Creep Tooth, Dragon Scales, Earth Wisp, Fey Crystal, Fur, Gems, Jewels, Longsword, Light Armor, Milk, Orange Petal, Rat Tail, Energy, Coins, can spawn a skunkupine
    Collection time: 8 hours
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-16-18 at 01:26 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for your help I meant % I know that the cp is usually 99 on most inventory but not all I just read we had to save it to make the goal work. Thank you so much ��