View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 140 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Is this one supposed to have six steps? It has 5. Yes, force closed twice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59786457-B734-4787-8DC8-A589D278105E.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	45752

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Please force close your game, you should see your progress on your device.
    I tried force closing and restarted the device but level one was all I got. I just installed baking story and it let me rewrite my level 50 game over the new level one so it is back and all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by bumbleebeeville View Post
    I tried force closing and restarted the device but level one was all I got. I just installed baking story and it let me rewrite my level 50 game over the new level one so it is back and all is good.
    Glad to hear you got your account back!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Is this one supposed to have six steps? It has 5. Yes, force closed twice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59786457-B734-4787-8DC8-A589D278105E.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	45752
    Yes, this is intended for players that activated this Goal yesterday, but didn't complete the first goal and lost access to the 6 part "The Meadow Wolf' Goal. You're just missing the very first Goal and seeing the same exact Goals from the 2nd to 6th Goal.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Fashion Designer
    There's no disadvantage in skipping the side goal is there?
    Apart from saving one hr not having to craft the wolf in the workshop?

At this stage, I'd rather not craft a basic chest and save that 5 keys towards a deluxe chest for the gold coins.
    For some reason I can only get 19 neighbours response (happened yesterday and today again), so those five keys will come in handy.

Thank you S8 for the quick fix on the key request issue! And also for the 20 keys!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Yes, this is intended for players that activated this Goal yesterday, but didn't complete the first goal and lost access to the 6 part "The Meadow Wolf' Goal. You're just missing the very first Goal and seeing the same exact Goals from the 2nd to 6th Goal.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    There's no disadvantage in skipping the side goal is there?
    Apart from saving one hr not having to craft the wolf in the workshop?

At this stage, I'd rather not craft a basic chest and save that 5 keys towards a deluxe chest for the gold coins.
    For some reason I can only get 19 neighbours response (happened yesterday and today again), so those five keys will come in handy.
    The only disadvantage I can see is missing out on the wolf prize. There is also the loss of a few coins and XP. But if you only want one wolf, then I’d definitely skip the basic chest. (Plus, those who want to, may be able to craft more than one)

I’m also stuck at 19 keys per day, but the fix today allowed me to request from Stormie after all, and I was lucky enough to receive # 20 from them. From now on, I?m saving Stormie until I already have 19.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Oh. My. Gosh. There is a whole set of goals I didn't get. No wonder I was so confused!!!

I thought the event this time is so straightforward that I was being a dumbass by not knowing what is going on. I saw it mentioned as a side quest (it was probably just Neighbor asks, not the entire event, but my brain made me think differently as I was trying to make sense of it), so it sounded reasonable to me that I couldn't find any other info on it. Just convert the coins in Workshop = get Meadow Wolf item.

The Meadow Wolf event didn't even seem big enough to warrant its own thread, I wondered why it wasn't called The Fabled Fawn instead. But there are actual goal tasks associated with it and there are steps that guide you through it and show how you are progressing in the event! So far, I think I can finish, but I feel really behind, as I was waiting around wondering if it was even possible to start collecting coins without any prompting. I'm feeling the additional stress from that. At my current point, I've made Bronze Coins that don't count for the goal requirement, so it's going to take me even longer to reach 8 to get to the next goal.

And I'm experiencing the same neighbor request delays as everyone else. I'm slightly fortunate in the way that when Day 2 started, I sent asks to everyone I thought was active when I was at 16/20 keys and had some "extra" delivered to me after reaching 20/20 and making a Premium Chest. And thus had enough to be able to make a Basic Chest for the belated goal requirements today. Even though the game notifies me that they've been delivered, I haven't been getting deliveries from the same neighbors I've accepted requests from, so it's a HUGE GUESSING GAME who I should send requests to when the next goal pops up: neighbors who have been accepting (already notified might pop up) OR neighbors who haven't been able(?) to accept yet(?) but have definitely been sending me requests so I KNOW they are active? When I've already sent 20 asks, a lot of the time, I'll get a delivery from the 24th or 27th or 28th neighbor I've sent asks to, basically from the second set of asks. So where did unanswered requests from the first set go? Did they get overwritten, if only 20 deliveries are made in a day?

I know problems can occur that people making these events don't know how to predict, but the fact is that my experience with BOTH events so far has been nothing but trouble. The missing set of goals aside, I'm pretty unfamiliar with Storybook method(?), so I didn't know about having new tasks each day and the wait time in between completing them (a person on the forum kindly explained; thank you!). I was super stressed about what I saw as being a whole day behind when I didn't complete the Marketplace task on Day 1. With my limited energy resources and not knowing what future goals might require of me (Sunburst seeds that I can't begin collecting??), I wondered if this would become an unfinished event for me at the slow pace I was going. I mean, I might find myself choosing to complete the Wood Coins thing I'm already working on or stopping in the middle to gather the items that the Fawn is going to require.

I hope the team behind this works on the introducing these events in ways that players won't be unnecessarily confused and stressed. I get pop ups on the Chests, Gem sales, other games, I hope it's not too much to ask for a pop up explaining how an event might work if it's going to differ so significantly from the norm. The very first pop up I got when all this started said to make a Fawn in the Forge, so I waited 2 hours for one to free up before I realized it's not even the first step... it's the end goal. But I figured it was an event item that dropped stuff we would need, which I was completely wrong about. Just a lot of unclear things going on.

Sorry for the word vomit. But I'm feeling much better now.

Rhino Keeper
    After i collected from my 3rd and 4th market place building, this part was completed and the visit 10 cottages goal appeared. However when i clicked at the 1st cottage, it did not registered and i went to check and found the storybook goal was not there anymore. Force closed a few times but still not appearing. Just submitted a ticket to S8 support team and hopefully it can be resolved soon. Anyone has this problem?