View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 75 of 140 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Rhino Keeper
    The spawn rate hasn't changed.

Still nothing.

Why do I waste my time with this game?

Exactly! I’m done! This is ridiculous!

Fashion Designer

Lightbulb

Noob players such as myself (level 37) need to read ahead carefully. The guide, which admittedly is written for level 50s, says the Tavern must be LEVEL 6. To level from 5 to 6 requires the 3 spellbound beams and blocks sold in the first package ... which is not now being sold. I am able to make them in time - but I don't know what level is required (couldn't find in The Hub.) Either the requirements for low levels are lower, or they will need to gem-skip the Tavern.

None of this matters, of course, for those of us stuck at 3 wolves out of 20. Increasing the spawn rate *after* this step isn't going to get me through this step. As a side note I have 7 pelts: 3+2+2.

I'm all in favor of Storm8 wanting some gems from people in a hurry - it's the business model. I don't usually buy anything but resource items, but at this level of helplessness I would. But this should at least be in REACH with some gems. Right now I need $7 (on sale!) just to finish Ch. 6, and no idea how do-able the rest of the quest is.

I thought my many neighbors who decided to "sit this one out" (tired from the demands of Sabina pt 1) were making a mistake, but I'm starting to see their wisdom.

Rhino Keeper
    It's the sneakiness I mind.

S8 is a business. I get that. This game isn't here for charity to make us all happy. It's here to make money. So it is unsurprising that from time to time there will be a game in it that you can't complete without spending real money. I don't even mind that.

What I mind is S8 pretending this game is always free to play, when clearly it's not. If this story had been marked "this timed event will offer these rewards, but it is very likely you will need to spend to complete it" I could have made an informed decision. If they'd said " you can play this game for free, but we can't guarantee you will complete it without buying X item" I could have decided whether to take the gamble. But storybooks have usually been ones I could finish, so I set of in good spirits, and they seem to have made several levels impossible.

And what really annoys me is that after the last two games I was about to open my wallet: I enjoyed them, and was just waiting for an item I really wanted to spend out for to come up. And now that stubbornness of "I'm not rewarding this" has kicked in again. Sigh.

Rhino Keeper
    I’m encouraged to see that the next to nil spawn rate for wolves is not unique to me. At some point, the lack of wolves made no sense so I checked my kingdom several times to make sure I had no other monsters. My count now stands at 2 and the new day begins in an hour

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    I've shared the feedback on the Meadow Wolf spawn with the team. I did want to clarify though that the Meadow Wolf will spawn from Farmhouses and Cottages after you complete day 6. Until you complete day 6, they will drop from Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees.
    Thank you to our Mods for looking into the matter.. much appreciated.
    Info was not indicated ingame to collect from 'only' plants. However I have always included them. Compared to others I have more Wolf spawns that are 9.. (7 y'day, 2 this morning) but then did dedicate 8! hrs of playtime y'day, and have 5 Flowers and 5 Trees. I considered this goal NOT doable, within the time stated, for many of the players. The wolves required should be 10.. NOT 20.

As I have lots of time this week.. I'll follow closely this storybook event.. even at it's slow pace.. and as always.. don't use gems for forging ahead, even though I 'greatly thank' those who do and take the time to post and point out flaws, bugs, difficulties. Our forum would have no value if they didn't.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis87 View Post
    I'm player level 50 from long years. There is no goal i have not played here and withoud giving gems. Can you tell me the secret how you have reached chapter 9?You obviously buy collections and chapter, so do not teach how we to play here because your way is very easy ok, and everyone can so...
    My comment to this post..
    Our friendly player has posted many times (all posts can be read through personal posting tab on the left) stating that the chapters have been gemmed ahead but not play. AND we thank our friendly generous player for doing so keeping the rest of the players promptly updated and informed in forum.. at their own personal expense for OUR benefit.

I always play without great use of gems.. just a couple if I miss out on time.. and have always done so.. and have finished ALL events proposed. My secret is dedicating time and reading this forum to know when and what to prepare beforehand.. reading each post like many other faithful forum members.

Here's a huge 'THANK YOU' to them.. who know who they are and to let them know we couldn't possibly do without them
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Can someone please tell me, without me having to read back through pages (I just had 3 glasses of wine, and 3 is definitely my limit for writing sane posts!), am I right in thinking that I am expected to get 20 Meadow Wolves to spawn from my few sunflowers and meadow trees? Cause if so....HOW? Surely not?? Surely I am missing something?

Executive Chef
    I?m swearing at the Skunkupines and Fangbeasts now. It?s an affliction.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    I have not had a single Meadow Wolf spawn from farms or cottages despite clicking plenty. Only other creatures. Of the flowers and meadow trees, I so far had a ratio of 2/3 skunkupines and fangbeasts and 1/3 (and that is generous counting, it more likely is 3/4 to 1/4) of meadow wolves. Honestly not sure how to get 20 and then another 15. I had 4 over the full day yesterday and that included the 1 from the free trap of the last goal.

I may just settle for the wolf with the coins and ignore the rest of the event.

I understand they do not want it too easy but the spawn rate is already low. To have additionally more other spawns than the one you want on top of that is frustrating and annoying.