View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 140 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you''ll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop. Hope this helps!
    SgtBeebo.
    The goal isn't appearing daily.

Executive Chef
    Many thanks, Lavenderdale, for your thorough presentation of all the goals associated with this event!

Rhino Keeper
    S8. The keys are a disaster and creating much confusion. Can you please provide some guidance/instruction.

I was stuck at 19 yesterday. Waited hours for Stormie and never received it. Reset dozens of times. This morning I still only had 19, but the goal was still open even tho it should have timed out, so still had the ability to request more. I have awesome neighbors and I immediately got the 20th and the goal ended, I believe from timing out. Since requesting the keys is only the first step of the daily goal, I’m not surprised we got no instructions to make chests. But now I have 39, so it appears I got my 20 for today, but since the first one went to yesterday’s goal I’m guessing when the daily quest finally comes I will be stuck at 19 again. I know I’m not explaining this well, but my point is I never have issues with gifts, so something must be wrong on the S8 end, and it appears this will now be a problem each and every day. Please don’t ignore our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglimmer View Post
    The coin icon on the right opens a goal to craft bronze and silver coins, and I'm half way through. Do I have to finish crafting all those coins before I can request keys again?
    Once I got my 20 keys & the goal completed, the coin icon reverted back to the coin crafting goal.

Quote Originally Posted by BufftonHeights View Post
    S8. The keys are a disaster and creating much confusion. Can you please provide some guidance/instruction.

I was stuck at 19 yesterday. Waited hours for Stormie and never received it. Reset dozens of times. This morning I still only had 19, but the goal was still open even tho it should have timed out, so still had the ability to request more. I have awesome neighbors and I immediately got the 20th and the goal ended, I believe from timing out. Since requesting the keys is only the first step of the daily goal, I’m not surprised we got no instructions to make chests. But now I have 39, so it appears I got my 20 for today, but since the first one went to yesterday’s goal I’m guessing when the daily quest finally comes I will be stuck at 19 again. I know I’m not explaining this well, but my point is I never have issues with gifts, so something must be wrong on the S8 end, and it appears this will now be a problem each and every day. Please don’t ignore our issues.
    Your absolutely right! This daily key thing is turning into a total nightmare! I'm sure S8 servers are so overloaded with requests all being sent simultaneously that they get jammed up pretty quickly.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kindefarm1890 View Post
    I made a mistake last night. NorthWoodsKingdom responded with the requirements for step 3 which I knew if the task was ending in a few hours I wouldn't be able to complete. Since the task was changed to 10 days and the back of the card said you could have 99 keys I figured I could wait and decide what I wanted to do with the keys in the morning. This morning when I logged in the first step where you send out requests for keys auto completed because I had 20 keys in inventory. So today I am not able to request keys only respond to neighbor requests. Not certain why the card says you can have 99 if you must use them everyday. I think I preferred having to give them right away. Just letting everyone know if they don't already use all your keys everyday.

I went a head a used the keys on the premium check and received 1 silver and 2 gold coins. Like other players this event is already frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweerfarmer View Post
    What's the next part after getting 20 keys? I have completed and nothing appears
    SgtBeebo.
    I think I know where some of the confusion lies.... and I got confused yesterday, thinking they were the same goal line but they're not.

There are TWO goals in our books with the SAME DANG NAME!

There's the 6-parter called The Meadow Wolf which lasts 10 days that I responded to kindefarm about yesterday:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	45736

Views:	127 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	45734

..and then there's the DAILY goal...also called The Meadow Wolf with only ONE step: get 20 keys (can't imagine HOW we're getting confused, lol)

Views:	82 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	45735

Views:	74 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	45737

When the day resets for S8 at midnight Pacific time, any keys that come in from the previous day's request counts for your current day when you log in (it's counting keys in inventory that weren't used the previous day) so that's why some folks' daily goal is autocompleting, cuz you already have 20+ keys in inventory.
    Guess we need to USE our daily keys cuz if they build up over 20 by the next day, we can't ask for more unless we have less than 20 in our inventory when that Daily goal pops up...

Lol, did that make sense to anyone AT ALL?? LOL

Shouldn't the Daily Goal be called Community Chests?
    Whyyyyyyy give the same name to 2 separate book goals, S8???!
    That's only compounding the confusion that this event established right out of the gate, with there being no explanations about anything in the game. LOL
    I feel sorry for the poor folks who don't visit the forum, sheesh.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 07-13-18 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Clarifications

Farm Supplier

Neighbor requests

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I always thought it had to do with previous invites lagging behind ie a bug. But having said that I also thought it was a case of ?all invites get sent? but only ?20 return each day? so by day 3 you could have 60. But i?d be lucky to achieve that sent out probably over 40 last night and sent at least another 20 and still only got 18 this morning. Looks like I?m not gonna make another chest.
    I have found that CS sends tth first 20 requests in order that they are submitted. Computer only allows so much incoming mail at a time. If I submit requests in order as listed, I have slower returns . None active players hold up the works.when I select the ones I know are active first?-20?- then finish my neighbor list, I often have my needed 20 in a few hours. CS continues to send requests for this day, in order submitted until 24 hours have passed. So, if I select nonreturner neighbors,, I still have to wait until their mail requests are delivered. When I play this way, I have much quicker results.the late returned from previous requests come in prior to new quest requests. That?s why you are not getting current requests returns. Until the Crab request list is completed. That?s how I have come to understand the problem,

Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post
    well why even have the coin trades? if we can get 21 keys a day, that's a premium chest and we'll have the wolf in no time!
    Well, now we know why. They set it up so that it is impossible to get 20 keys per day if we have any in inventory from the day before.

I finally managed to get all 20 yesterday. I used 5 for the basic chest in the goal, and had 15 left over. (A mistake I wish I hadn’t made! Should have just done the 20 coin chest for the better rewards.) This morning I got the goal to ask for keys but it showed I already had 15/20, and as soon as I got 5 responses, the goal completed, leaving me unable to send any more requests. Now I am stuck on 19 keys for today (again ). (I used 20 on a chest and now have 14. It’s been over 3 hours since the last one came in.) But I am unable to send any more requests, or request from Stormie to get the 20th key. So we are penalized for having leftover keys in inventory.

S8, the cap on the card back says 99. We are allowed 20 responses per day. The daily counter should start at 0/20 regardless of whether we have any keys in inventory.

It also appears we are all saying the same thing in different ways, but the bottom line is that we can’t get 20 keys per day if we have any leftover in inventory. Making the game frustrating does not make it fun.

I’ve also noticed that I’m getting less requests today. Could it be that people are just not playing? Or the more likely explanation that there are many players who aren’t able to send out requests, due to leftover keys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge thanks to Lavenderdale for creating a goals list. And federerGoat for creating the storybook thread!!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-13-18 at 08:37 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

YeeHaw! Used my keys to open the Deluxe Chest & got 2 silver & 2 gold coins.(not my first but the best results so far) So the craft a gold coin got ticked off! Just need 1 more silver. Dilly ⚔️ Dilly!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, bingo! S8 requesting system has turned into a nightmare for a lot of players.
    Today everything worked out for me but I'm sure I'll be in that boat eventually if S8 does nothing to clear this mess up.

And, btw, didn't S8 at one time up the allowable answered requests to 25 sometime back because of so many players getting stuck at 19? Or am I remembering that wrong?
    Last edited by meme1098; 07-13-18 at 08:37 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    I think I know where some of the confusion lies.... and I got confused yesterday, thinking they were the same goal line but they're not.

There are TWO goals in our books with the SAME DANG NAME!

There's the 6-parter called The Meadow Wolf which lasts 10 days that I responded to kindefarm about yesterday:

Views:	131 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	45736

Views:	127 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	45734

..and then there's the DAILY goal...also called The Meadow Wolf with only ONE step: get 20 keys (can't imagine HOW we're getting confused, lol)

Views:	82 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	45735

Views:	74 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	45737

When the day resets for S8 at midnight Pacific time, any keys that come in from the previous day's request counts for your current day when you log in (it's counting keys in inventory that weren't used the previous day) so that's why some folks' daily goal is autocompleting, cuz you already have 20+ keys in inventory.
    Guess we need to USE our daily keys cuz if they build up over 20 by the next day, we can't ask for more unless we have less than 20 in our inventory when that Daily goal pops up...

Lol, did that make sense to anyone AT ALL?? LOL

Shouldn't the Daily Goal be called Community Chests?
    Whyyyyyyy give the same name to 2 separate book goals, S8???!
    That's only compounding the confusion that this event established right out of the gate, with there being no explanations about anything in the game. LOL
    I feel sorry for the poor folks who don't visit the forum, sheesh.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that sending out the requests was the first of the 6 tasks for the meadow wolf not a separate task. It also explains why the goal went from daily to 10 days. Nothing I can do today since I lost the ability to send out requests but I will remember to use up all the keys before the next day starts.

Rhino Keeper
    SgtBeebo.
    Yes, please explain / describe better when we will see the request the keys goal (s). It doesn't appear to be consistent for all players.
    Thanks
    Thuakie Sword #19