View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 140 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRissaRenae View Post
    Ok... now I'm just about ready to give up. Over the past 2 days I've sent out 80 requests for keys (40 every morning). I have received a grand total of 6 keys in 2 days. And I KNOW my neighbours are playing because they are asking ME for keys by the dozens. So frustrated...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    This happened quite a few times to me.. but requests did go out even if confirm screen didn't appear. s8 staff did post regarding this and gifting confirm splash screen, earlier on in forum.. saying they were aware and looking into the matter.. (sorry I don't dare find the post# too much to go through)

Just mentioning.. but players however freely make their own choices. It's useless to send out so many requests as not needed and doesn't help nor guarantees that your delivery system works faster. It will only throw out 686 of your requests anyway and maybe randomly choose only your 'inactive' nbrs, who will never respond.
    Best is to memorize who's participating in the event, from your location and awake (like me ) they surely will answer you, as awaiting answers too.
    It?s be nice but that?s just not possible I do have a list of regular players but given the above where on two occasions i?ve missed out on a full complement of sent items because of bugs I decided for the next couple of days I would over compensate. Tomorrow normality resumes.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Farm Supplier
    Still stuck with the seeds.... no seeds, just glimmer dust from the quest �� how are we suppose to finish if this is so random ?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I finally received my 3 seed for the goal to compete. However I only have two of the other kind of seeds for the tree I think. Do I need to continue with the adventure in order to get that 3rd seed for the tree?
    Depends a bit on how many days you have left. I am at the same point as you - Chapter 4, Goal 3, tend to sunburst, but my timer says 'event expires in six days' and I know if I complete now, I will have to wait til tomorrow to do anything useful. So I will definitely hold off tending my flowers until tomorrow so that I can keep doing adventures. In fact, I want to start the third goal of chapter 5 tomorrow night, and I will easily collect all the sap I need, so all I have to think about is collecting the sunburst bloom. I need 25, I have 4 now, and I have three flowers, so I need seven collections before starting the brew tomorrow night. So I plan to collect my fifth sunburst bloom three hours before bed tomorrow. Every half hour, that gives me seven collections before bed. (You have to fix the times for your time zone).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by atiragram View Post
    I didn?t find any official explanation so far but I can tell that I sometimes check the game 10 times a day and then when I go in for the 10th time on this same day I receive a request for the very first time which says that it has been sent ?24 hours ago? or even ?48 hours ago?. Therefore I an very very much inclined to believe in the first mechanism, that requests ?get stuck? when you send them to inactive players and only when some of the first 20 responded, the next ones get sent out.

I personally NEVER send out more than 20 at a time and carefully monitor who responded, who sends request to me and who visits and who gifts me. Restricting my requests to 20 people out of this group usually gives me 20 responses per day, while sending to 50 or so neighbouts always gave me less when I still just sent to the whole list.
    It takes some extra effort but I?m convinced that it is worth it.

Atiragram
    I agree with your explanation about older requests arriving late and today I did try a test.

I sent to my secondary kingdom, which I don't use even if active, one of my nbr requests. It did appear but I did not accept it. I just left it there and kept observing. After about 2 hrs it disappeared by itself. So this proves even if our requests are sent to inactive nbrs.. they don't get lost or remain there forever. They are sent off somewhere else after a certain waiting time.

Not that this resolves any of the non-arrivals of our askings, but it does help us to understand alittle more about the process of delivering our requests to nbrs.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

The sunburst seeds keep disappearing from inventory. That isn?t right. It shouldn?t be so hard to get the seeds and keep them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by topmom952 View Post
    Will the wolf spawn early? I'm on ch. 5. Still have monster parked.
    I think the Wolf starts coming in Chapter 6.

Rhino Keeper
    A Premium Chest just gave me 2 Gold and 6 Silver, which is basically 3 Gold.
    Last edited by Glimmerless; 07-26-18 at 10:23 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I play daily too and answer all requests would love nbrs who do too..i dont visit since i play fashion, resteraunt, bakery, dragon, and fantasy too. My id is nvangel

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post
    I have read so many conflicting suggestions about receiving requests from neighbors.

One theory is that if you ask all of your neighbors that you get the "request has been sent" pop up but what really happens is the first twenty in your list get sent the request and the next day it goes to the next twenty in your list, etc. If you have inactive neighbors this causes the delay and is the reason you don't necessarily get your "20 allowed" each day.

Another theory is you send to all your neighbors and once twenty respond you stop receiving anymore that day thus inactive neighbors wouldn't matter.

Is there ANYWHERE where asking for items from neighbors is clearly explained from the powers at be? Just because we read it on the forum doesn't mean we're getting factual advice. (Although I appreciate all the help I can get)
    Quote Originally Posted by atiragram View Post
    I didn?t find any official explanation so far but I can tell that I sometimes check the game 10 times a day and then when I go in for the 10th time on this same day I receive a request for the very first time which says that it has been sent ?24 hours ago? or even ?48 hours ago?. Therefore I an very very much inclined to believe in the first mechanism, that requests ?get stuck? when you send them to inactive players and only when some of the first 20 responded, the next ones get sent out. I personally NEVER send out more than 20 at a time and carefully monitor who responded, who sends request to me and who visits and who gifts me. Restricting my requests to 20 people out of this group usually gives me 20 responses per day, while sending to 50 or so neighbouts always gave me less when I still just sent to the whole list.
    It takes some extra effort but I?m convinced that it is worth it.

Atiragram
    At the beginning of this update, I decided to try sending requests to all my neighbors (not my usual practice). I experienced a bottleneck, and did not receive my quota. I cleaned up my list of neighbors and deleted all that appeared to be inactive. It cut my list in half, but I have received my quota every day since then.

In past years when I sent requests to all my neighbors, I know for a fact that I had some who never received them because I knew them and communicated with them about it directly. I also experienced many bottlenecks, which I resolved by limiting the number of requests I would send at one time. I had the best success when I was able to send a request as I received one.

Currently, it sounds like several factors can impact our success, but knowing how our requests are distributed would be very helpful!

Rhino Keeper
    The meadow wolf is showing up in my workshop as well as my kingdom goals. I didn?t realize this until after I gave 2 gold and one platinum to my kingdom goals. Now my workshop only shows 2 platinum and 1 gold. Does anyone know whether we can get two meadow wolves or whether I should be keeping my gold and platinums for the workshop or giving them to my kingdom goals?