View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf
    Time Zone Converter: compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

Game level: Level 15/17+
    Release date: 13 July. You will have 10 days to complete the event. Auto start may only be 24 hours after release.

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed.

If your post contains feedback about this event, your post will be moved to the Suggestion forum - .

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Events Work in the Hub.

Tips about the Event
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Complete the Fabled Fawn Storybook event goals and win the Horn of the Fawnicorn!
    * If you complete the Fabled Fawn Storybook event, you will win the Horn.
    * Use the Horn to craft either the Fawnicorn or the Enchanted Fawnicorn in the Magic Forge BEFORE 7/23 @ 6PM PT.
    * The Horn craft takes 3 hours and must be collected prior to the end of the event. (edit to add you still have a small window still left to craft the Fawnicorn once you get the horn.) (added colour and emphasis)

Fawnicorn - 10 Meadow Sap, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust
    Enchanted Fawnicorn - 10 Sunburst Petals, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust

This event rewards 350 crowns if you complete all of it.

Longswords: Found: Jousting arena, Thurston's house, Adult Bijou Dragon, Adult Flare Dragon, Adult Matrix Dragon, Destrier, Rouncey, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon, Faerie Dragon, Fire Fox, Desert Palace, Jousting Steed, Spring Dragon, Glen the Frog Prince, Aquamarine Dragon (Baron's Tent), Dark Knight's Steed, Light Knight's Steed, Glimmer Dragon, Dark Onyx Dragon, ghost knight, shattered wyvern, scorched wyvern, Mothraki Knight, Interpret the Knight (mystic card), Silver fae dragon, Tide Dragon, Guard dog, Aquatic Dragon, Aquatic Wyvern, Blossom Dojo
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-22-18 at 04:17 AM.

The Fabled Fawn Goals
    Lower level players will have different requirements than those listed in some goals. Example: you need a L3 tavern and will give fur not boar pelts.

Chapter 1: Old Thomas: Oh, there you are! Young Ruler, I need your help finding a book. I cannot remember where I placed it. Would you mind helping me look for it?
    Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Search market places 0/4 VISIT (skip 100 gems)
    Goal 2 Search cottages 0/10 VISIT (skip 100 gems)
    Goal 3 Search farmhouses 0/10 VISIT (skip 50 gems)

Chapter 2: Ivy: I heard Old Thomas is looking for a copy of The Fabled Fawn, the library should have a copy! You should read it. It's one of my favorite stories.
    Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Search the library 0/1 SEARCH (skip 10 gems)
    Goal 2 Find Old Thomas's book 0/1 FIND (skip 50 gems) | if you find the book at the first visit to the library, this goal will autocomplete.
    Goal 3 Begin the Fabled Fawn 0/1 GIVE (skip 50 gems)

Chapter 3: Ah, I see you have found it. Please allow me to share with you the story of the Fabled Fawn. It started long ago, in the valley of an enchanted meadow. Sunburst Flowers grew throughout the fields...
    Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas's House 0/1 VISIT (skip 20 gems)
    Goal 2 Explore the Enchanted Meadow 0/1 EXPLORE | Castle, 1.5 hours - 1 simple feast, 3 longswords, 1000 coins | The adventure drops Sunburst Seeds and Meadow Tree Seeds (drops not guaranteed)
    Goal 3 Gather Sunburst Seeds 0/3 FIND (skip 60 gems)
    Note: The time on the adventure shows 2 hours, but it is only 1.5 hours

Chapter 4: Old Thomas: A young wizard sought to summon an enchanted beast; The Fawnicorn. No one had seen a Fawnicorn in the land for hundreds of years, but the young wizard was determined to attract one.
    Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Grow a Sunburst flower 0/1 GO | Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust
    Goal 2 Grow a Meadow Tree 0/1 GO | Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust
    Goal 3 Tend to the Sunburst Flowers 0/5 GO (skip 10 gems)
    Note: The time shows 2 hours on the craft, but it is only 1.5 hours
    Note: DO NOT tend all 5 sunburst flower if you want to continue to collect the meadow sap from the meadow tree. Just collect 4 and leave the last collection till after the new game day.
    Note: Go on as many adventures as you can for additional seeds.

Chapter 5: Old Thomas: The young wizard tried various potions, and searched the valleys high and low. The townspeople called him a fool for believing in the children's tale, Still, he did not waiver, for those who can summon the Fawnicorn will be blessed with good luck and adventure.
    Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Gather Sunburst Blossoms 0/25 GO (skip 125 gems) | collect from Sunburst Flowers | ones in inventory will count
    Goal 2 Gather Meadow Sap 0/25 GO (skip 100 gems)| collect from Meadow Trees | ones in inventory will count
    Goal 3 Brew a Meadow Potion 0/1 BREW (skip 75 gems) | Potion Shop, 3 hours - 25 Sunburst Blossoms, 25 Meadow Sap, 3 Enchanters Essence
    Note: You can collect meadow sap beforehand if you do not complete Chapter 4.

Chapter 6: Old Thomas: the valleys were fraught with peril, but the young wizard carried on. For the Fawnicorn to return, they would need to defeat its greatest enemy: the Meadow Wolf.
    Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Fight a Meadow Wolf 0/1 FIGHT (skip 15 gems) | Tend to Sunburst Flowers or Meadow Trees only | 10/10 hits to defeat Reward: 1x Meadow Wolf Trap
    Goal 2 Use a Meadow Wolf Trap 0/1 GO | You will find the trap in your inventory. Force close if not there.
    Goal 3 Fight Meadow Wolves 0/20 GO (skip 300 gems) | they only spawn from sunburst flowers and meadow trees for this goal. The drop rate seems to been raised a little now.

The Meadow Wolf will spawn from Meadow Trees, Sunburst Flowers, Farmhouses, Cottages AFTER Chapter 6.

Chapter 7: Old Thomas: the young wizard searched through many lands, but to no avail. They would need more than magic to rid the valleys of the Meadow Wolves. They decided to seek the help of a young knight.
    Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Visit Community Kingdoms 0/20 (skip 200 gems)
    Goal 2 Ask for Community Keys 0/10 ASK | if you have 10 keys in inventory, this goal will autocomplete
    Goal 3 Visit Sir Thurston's Fort 0/1 GO (skip 16 gems)
    Note: Meadow Wolves will spawn in between this and the next chapter.

Chapter 8: The wizard and knight fought many battles together, and celebrated their victories. With the Meadow Wolves nearly gone, they would have but one task left to complete...
    Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Defeat any Monster 0/10 (slip 50 gems) | use the troll sparing pit, prison and lair of beasts for guaranteed spawns
    Goal 2 Give Boar Pelts 0/75 (skip 450 gems)
    Goal 3 Visit the Tavern Level 6 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | Reward: 50 Crowns

Note: a L6 pirate tavern will not work.

Don't craft/use your keys asked for as you will need 20 in your inventory for Ch10 goal 1. After goals ticked off then craft your chest/s.

Chapter 9: Oh my, it seems that there are some pages missing from this book. We will need to find them in order to complete the story.
    Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Defeat Meadow Wolves 0/15 (skip 225 gems) | spawn from Farmhouses, Cottages, Meadow Trees, Sunburst Flowers
    Goal 2 Gather Meadow Pelts 0/70 GIVE (skip 420 gems) | drops from defeating Meadow Wolves, or from pet Meadow Wolf
    Goal 3 Retrieve the Missing Page x1 (Defeat Meadow Wolf) Skip 120 gems | when the page drops the goal will complete, however, the page may not show in your inventory, but will show up in the Meadow when you craft the horn. | Reward:100 Crowns /Meadow of Fawnicorn unlocked (you don't get the horn until next goal complete)

Chapter 10: I see you have found the missing pages... Marvelous! Now where were we? Ah yes, the young wizard defeated the Meadow Wolves, and constructed a statue in honor of the Fawnicorn. He forged a magical horn to summon the creature, and returned it to the realm's valleys.
    Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Ask Neighbors for Community Keys 0/20 | keep 20 from the previous day in inventory to complete this goal or you may become stuck.
    Goal 2 Build the Meadow of Fawn 0/1 BUILD (skip 500 gems) | market, 500 coins. Build requirements: 50 jewels, 75 bone, 10 golden eggs, 20 meadow wolf fangs
    Goal 3 Make the Horn of the Fawnicorn 0/1 FORGE (skip 500 gems) | Magic Forge, 3 hours - 5 earth wisp, 1 meadow potion, 1 missing page | Reward: 200 crowns

Coins stop dropping if you complete chapter 10!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-22-18 at 03:06 AM.

The Meadow Wolf & Keys Information

Info from SgtBeebo @ Storm 8:
    * This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you'll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop.
    * The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.
    * You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
    * You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.
    * You can use the Wood Coins to up-convert to Bronze Coins, and so on.

Community Chests:
    * If you ask neighbors for Keys, you can open Chests to get even more (various types) of Coins.
    * The final Meadow Wolf goal will require 8 Gold Coins, and 3 Platinum Coins.

* There should now be a new quest now called "Community Keys", this will allow you to ask neighbors for keys even if you've asked for the daily 20. If you spend you keys to open chests, you can lose progress on this quest, but don't worry -- it doesn't count towards progression, it's simply there to act as a permanent way to ask your friends for more.

There should also be a quest rewarding players 20 keys live for the next 24 hours for those who missed out on their daily today.

Workshop
    What can you craft?
    Bronze coin - 5 minutes - 25 wood coins
    Silver coin - 10 minutes - 8 bronze coins
    Gold coin - 15 minutes - 5 silver coins
    Platinum coin - 30 minutes - 2 gold coins
    Meadow Wolf - 1 hour - 5 gold coin, 3 platinum coin

Basic community chest - 5 minutes - 5 community keys (neighbour requests)
    Deluxe community chest - 5 minutes - 10 community keys
    Premium community chest - 5 minutes - 20 community keys

Q: What can you get in The Premium chest?
    A: It has a chance for Gold and Platinum coins.

Q: Why key craft should I do?
    A: It is possibly a better strategy to do the Premium craft till you at least have your platinum coins first. The random factor of what drops makes this a difficult question to answer.

Q: Should I GIVE the coins through the goal book or CRAFT one?
    A: Doing the goal ‘gives’ you a wolf, so you actually save that hour of crafting time. Then apparently the goal starts over.

Note: you can only craft two Meadow Wolves by way of the goal. You can still craft more in the workshops.

Community Keys - Daily Goals
    Info from SpiritWind - looks like there has been quite a few glitches and changes in the first 24 hours and they have since been resolved. This is the daily goal where you can ask for keys.

Note: 200 is a random number. it is a fix so that we can still send neighbor requests even when we have 20 keys in inventory.

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests! *This goal will NOT affect your progression.
    Goal 1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
    Rewards: n/a

The Meadow Wolf Goals
    Note: coins you collect along the way will count towards any unforged/unused coin crafts.
    Note: this goal is optional and will not impact on the Storybook event to craft the Fawn.

Note: Once you complete the goals, they will begin again! So, you can have multiple Meadow Wolfs!

Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
    Goal 1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/20 GO
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!

Baron: First you'll need to find the first coin. I know it sounds simple, but trust me, you need my help!
    Goal 2:
    * Ask for Community Keys
    * Open a basic community chest 0/1 GO
    * Find a wood coin 0/25 GO
    Congratulations: Baron: We mustn't stop at Wood! Could you imagine the number of Wood Coins you'd need to pay my wages? Ha!

Baron: I'm glad to see your interest in these lowly coins. It's always good to keep yourself occupied with a hobby!
    Goal 3:
    * Forge bronze coins 0/8 GO
    * Forge a silver coin 0/1 GO (skip 5 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: How resourceful! You've made a better coin with the coin you had!

Baron: Pardon my temper... I just get so excited when I see gold! But you knew that about me. Silly old Baron!
    Goal 4:
    * Forge silver coins 0/5 GO (skip 25 gems)
    * Forge a gold coin 0/14 GO (skip 5 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: All right, you've shown your s****s now. May I have coins now please?

Baron: Perhaps you've thought about putting you money into charity? Helping the needs barons of the world?
    Goal 5:
    * Forge gold coins 0/2 GO (skip 10 gems)
    * Forge a platinum coin 0/1 GO (skip 40 gems)
    Congratulations: Baron: One can only hope, even as your riches grow, you'll remember those who have been beside you from the beginning, with no ulterior motives of course!

Baron: It's ever so nice of you to give, Ruler.
    Goal 6:
    * Give gold coins 0/8 GIVE (skip 40 gems)
    * Give platinum coins 0/3 GIVE (skip 120 gems)
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp + Meadow Wolf
    Congratulations: Baron: Of course I shall be deducting my wages from this...

A Thank You from Storm8 (24 hours)
    Ivy: Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win coins and earn prizes!
    1:
    * Ask for Community Keys 0/200 GO
    Rewards: n/a

Ivy: Thank you for being a valued Castle Story player! Please accept this gift on our behalf.
    2:
    * Accept 20 community keys 0/1 ACCEPT
    Rewards: 100 coin, 10 xp +20 community keys
    Congratulations: Ivy: Now go open those chests!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-18-18 at 07:48 PM.

Inventory Information

Enchanted Fawnicorn
    Info: This mythical creature is a rare sight! Pet it for a chance to find Spellbound Dew and other various crafting materials.
    Crafted: Magic Forge, 3 hours - 10 Sunburst Petals, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event
    Drops: red petals, spellbound dew, white petals, wisp essence
    Collection time: 12 hours

Fawnicorn
    Info: This mythical creature is a rare sight! Pet it for a chance to find Spellbound Dew and other various crafting materials.
    Crafted: Magic Forge, 3 hours - 10 Meadow Sap, 1 Horn of the Fawnicorns, 25 glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event
    Drops: red petals, spellbound dew, white petals, wisp essence
    Collection time: 12 hours

Meadow of the Fawn | Crafting Building during event only, decoration post event
    Info: A tribute to the wondrous Fawnicorn.
    Found:market, 500 coins. Build requirements: 50 jewels, 75 bone, 10 golden eggs, 20 meadow wolf fangs during the Fabled Fawn event
    Uses: craft the Horn of the Fawnicorn (1 time use only)

Meadow tree
    Info: The meadow was full of beautiful trees for the Fawnicorn to graze under. Ten to find Meadow Sap.
    Crafted: Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event
    Drops: acer berries, living wood, sap, wood | meadow sap (during event only)
    Collection time: 30 minutes

Meadow wolf (2x1)
    Info: This enchanted creature can only be tamed by the bravest! Pet it to see what it's found for you.
    Found: reward from completing the Meadow Wolf goals during the Fabled Fawn event
    Drops (still being determined): 1-3 Meadow Wolf Fang, 1-3 Meadow Pelt, bronze coin
    creep tooth, earth wisp, elvenite, fur, rat tail, spellbound dew, wisp lantern
    Collection time: 8 hours (speed up 32 gems)

Meadow wolf trap
    Info: Chop to lure a Meadow Wolf! WARNING: Will not work if there is already a monster in your Kingdom.
    Found: market, 20 gems during the Fabled Fawn event
    Uses: spawns a Meadow Wolf

Sunburst flower |
    Info: Sunburst Flowers are a favourite treat of the elusive Fawnicorn. Tend to find Sunburst Blooms.
    Crafted:Potion Shop, 1.5 hours - 1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust during the Fabled Fawn event
    Drops: orange petal | sunburst blooms (during event only)
    Collection time: 30 minutes
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-24-18 at 10:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    already a bad start to this 9/10 days event (says expires in 9 days inside when you click on goal)! first chapter goal 1 of 3; search market place, a 22hrs building, FOUR times! really, that's got to be an error right..
    Last edited by myhsplace; 07-12-18 at 11:26 AM. Reason: error/update

Fashion Designer
    I started without thinking and can't collect from the Marketplace for 20 hours. I might as well give up now.

Farm Supplier
    Build more Marketplaces? I have four of them.

I'm more than a bit confused how to play the Fawnicorn portion of this. It says to first craft one in the forge, which then requires special materials that do no exist yet... am I missing something?

Rhino Keeper
    Luckily I had 4 marketplaces out. next step is 10 cottages

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRissaRenae View Post
    I'm more than a bit confused how to play the Fawnicorn portion of this. It says to first craft one in the forge, which then requires special materials that do no exist yet... am I missing something?
    Did you hit Start Event yet?

Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast