View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 140 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Fashion Designer
    (I AM NOT A STORM8 OFFICIAL, JUST A PLAYER "HELPING OUT")

Beginning Draft of Guide (until SpiritWind0 gets back) - I'm still combing through posts. please excuse format and please respond with corrections!!
    -------
    Someone was disappointed by all my explanatory text before the steps, so I've moved them to the bottom. I advise you to read the "Preparation" section below the steps.

------------
    THE MEADOW WOLF "SIDEQUEST" - 6 Goals
    (This isn't entirely a sidequest as the returns can apparently be used for the Fawn as well.)

• Goal 1
      Ivy: "Ask your friends for Community Keys and open Community Chests to win Coins and earn prizes!"
      • Ask for Community Keys (Use to open Chests and find Coins!) 0/20 GO
      Reward: 100 Coins, 10 xp

• Goal 2
      • Ask for Community Keys - already checked off from Goal 1
      • Open a Basic Community Chest (Open for even more coins!) 0/1 GO - Workshop, 5 Keys, 5 minutes
      • Find a Wood Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from chests!) 0/25 GO (skip 19 Gems) - easy to gather from Farmhouses, Market Places, etc.

• Goal 3
      • Forge Bronze Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/8 - each requires 25 Wooden Coins, 5 minutes
      • Forge a Silver Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - each requires 8 Bronze Coins, 10 minutes

• Goal 4
      • Forge a Silver Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/5 - each requires 8 Bronze Coins, 10 minutes
      • Forge a Gold Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - requires 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes

• Goal 5
      • Forge Gold Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/2 - each requires 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes
      • Forge a Platinum Coin (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/1 - requires 2 Gold Coins, 20 minutes

• Goal 6
      • Give Gold Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/8 GIVE - 5 Silver Coins, 15 minutes
      • Give Platinum Coins (Craft in the Workshop or win from Chests!) 0/3 GIVE - requires 2 Gold Coins, 20 minutes

Reward: 100 Coins, 10 xp, Meadow Wolf

====================

THE FABLED FAWN - 10 Chapters
    (Grand Prize - Horn of the Fawn)

Details of the Fabled Fawn event do not appear in the Kingdom Log/Quest Log - it only opens from the icon on the right edge of the game display. Nevertheless, click the quest in the log to be sure it "starts."

• Chapter 1
      • Goal 1 of 3
        • Search Market Places (Search for the Fabled Fawn!) 0/4 VISIT (skip 75 Gems)
      • Goal 2 of 3
        • (Search 10 Cottages) - Haunted cottage also works per paddock4.
      • Goal 3 of 3
        • (Search 10 Farmhouses) - Toadstool farmhouses count. You can search these and get tokens even if you haven't done 4 Market Places yet.

• Chapter 2
      • Goal 1 of 3
        • Search the Library 0/1 (Is there a copy) [Search] Skip 10 gems
      • Goal 2 of 3
        • Find Old Thomas's book 0/1 (This looks like it!) [Find] Skip 50 gems
      • Goal 3 of 3
        • Begin the Fabled Fawn 0/1 (It begins...) [Give] Skip 50 gems

Chapter 3
    Goal 1 of 3
    Visit Old Thomas's House 0/1 (Hear Old Thomas tell the tale! [Visit] Skip 20 gems
    Goal 2 of 3
    Explore the Enchanted Meadow 0/1 (This place really exists?) [Explore] Cannot gem skip
    - 1 Simple feast, 3 swords, 1000 coins 1hr 30mins
    - Drops Sunburst Seeds and Meadow Tree Seeds (drops not guaranteed)
    Goal 3 of 3
    Gather Sunburst Seeds 0/3 (What are these?) [Find] Skip 60 gems

Chapter 4
    Goal 1 of 3
    Grow a Sunburst flower 0/1 (Use the Sunburst Seeds in the Potion Shop!) [Go] No gem skip
    -1 Sunburst Seed, 20 Water , 10 Glimmerdust - 2 hrs
    Goal 2 of 3
    Grow a Meadow Tree 0/1 (Use the Meadow Tree Seed in the Potion Shop!) [Go] No gem skip
    -1 Meadow Tree Seed, 20 Water, 10 Glimmerdust - 2 hrs
    Goal 3 of 3
    Tend to the Sunburst Flowers 0/5 (What a beautiful Flower!) [Go] Skip 10 gems

• Chapter 5
    • Chapter 6
    • Chapter 7
    • Chapter 8
    • Chapter 9
    • Chapter 10

----------

INTRODUCTION

The Fabled Fawn and The Meadow Wolf event began 12 July 2018. The Fabled Fawn is scheduled for 10 days. The Meadow Wolf is probably a daily activity.

The Meadow Wolf prize has a chance of dropping Earth Wisp, Spellbound Dew, and/or Wisp Lantern.

The Fawnicorn prize has a chance to drop Wisp Essence, Spellbound Dew, and (those gold horseshoe wax seals).

Item Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees are not available until some point in the quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    These two items will become available later in the event
    Players report that Requests are having issues. A Force Close may or may not help.

PREPARATION:
    • Get out Market Places. They have a 22 hour interval and you need to visit 4. (Consider making more?)
    • Same for Farmhouses and Cottages - bring out every single one that you own. Item is not a guaranteed drop.
    • On Day 2, a Library(ies?) are needed (thanks Galadraal!)
    • "Sidequest" Meadow Wolf: Be aware of active/inactive neighbors. The top daily reward needs 20 responses, which is the maximum you can ASK in one day. If you Ask more than 20 Neighbors, they will not go through until tomorrow. (NOTE: unfortunately, players report that Requests are having issues, same as a previous quest. You Are Not Alone.)
    • The Fabled Fawn event details do not appear in the Kingdom Log/Quest Log - it only opens from the icon on the display on the right. Nevertheless, click the quest in the log to be sure they "start."

SPECULATION
    *Based upon sale package we will probably need spellbound and enchanted blocks & beams. (thanks fesxdgdgsgfb)

--------

SIGNIFICANT DISCUSSION AND INVESTIGATIONS IN THIS TOPIC
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    This goal will appear daily and even if you don't reach 20 Keys, you''ll still be able to use the Keys you do gain to open the Chests in the Workshop. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    The Meadow Wolf goals are an optional side goal for those who would like to obtain a Meadow Wolf pet.

You can gain the Meadow Wolf by going through the goals and crafting the Coins in the Workshop.
    You can get Wood Coins from Sunburst Flowers (Fawnicorn Event Item), Market Places, Cottages, and Farmhouses.
    You can use the Wood Coins to upconvert to Bronze Coins, and so on.

If you ask neighbors for Keys, you can open Chests to get even more Coins.

The final Meadow Wolf goal will require 8 Gold Coins, and 3 Platinum Coins.

Hope this helps!
    NOTE:Again, items mentioned such as Sunburst Flowers and Meadow Trees are not available until some point in the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by kolakid2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    From what I've seen so far:

Basic Chests drop: Wood Coin 1-4, Bronze Coin 1-2
    Deluxe Chests drop: Bronze Coin 2-4, Silver Coin 1-2
    Premium Chests drop: Silver Coin 1-4, Gold Coin 1-2

Granted, I've only had time to do a few of each so far so the amounts may vary but it seems that the types of coins I'm getting from each chest are remaining consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieGirl9 View Post
    I've only opened one chest, but I'll add my results to the pile:
    I did the basic chest (5 keys) and got 2 wood and 1 bronze.

One gold is worth 5 silver = 40 bronze = 1000 wood.
    So I'd say the higher chests are a much better return.

If a typical 5 key chest is 2 wood, 1 bronze, I'll call that 27 wood.
    If a typical 10 key chest is 2 bronze, 1 silver, I'll call that 250 wood.
    If a typical 20 key chest is 2 silver, 1 gold, I'll call that 1400 wood

All based on the exchange rates in the workshop.

-----

CREDITS
    Thanks to forum posters: Scratte717 (TOP EARLY HELPER), federerGOAT (FAWN CHAPTERS 2-4), myhsplace, PrincessCupOButter, Stymie52, AnnirasSweets, kolakid2, paddock4, Galadraal, CharlieGirl9, NorthWoodsKingdom, so far
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 07-13-18 at 06:18 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't understand what are we supposed to build or do.

Farm Supplier
    I?ve accepted several neighbor requests tonight-at least ten or so but have only received two key requests from those new neighbors.

I wish we knew how these requests worked. I have 30(!) ocean keys that came in after the crab chests were over.
    Last edited by redpenny; 07-12-18 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Graphic correction

Executive Chef
    We can ask more than 20 neighbors for the community key, but we will only get a maximum of 20 back in a 24 hr period.
    I send out about 40-60.
    The other requests stay in queue, but will be overwritten if another request is sent out later. If no other requests are made, they could stay in queue for days, depending on how many were not responded to.
    After a long time of playing, this is how I understand how it works. There may be differing opinions on this.

And someone else may be able to explain it better.

Adding: if there was a "send to all" button, I would do that!!!
    Last edited by riverly; 07-12-18 at 09:00 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginnyfe View Post
    Build more Marketplaces? I have four of them.
    Any idea which building i could sell so I can buy a 4th marketplace? Thanks
    ***disregard! I had several already hiding in storage be ause they are all different levels!***
    Last edited by nukesters2; 07-12-18 at 09:13 PM.

I clicked on 3 Gothic Cottages, 3 Haunted Cottages, 4 Cottages and 1 toadstool Cottages. I got credit for 8. Some programmer needs to be reminded about all forms of Cottages. Just ask the one who does the weekly energy event because that event let?s us use all 4 types of cottages.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    A new event starts usually for me on Thursday midnight. For whatever reason I didn't login until Friday 6.30 am my time and had all these pop ups. Had about 6 hours to get the keys. Got 20 of them within an hour. So, first A Big Thank You to all my wonderful neighbors!!!!

But then I did a big mistake, instead of crafting premium chest, I crafted a deluxe chest, just plain haste got 2 gold coins... anyways the goal progresses and you have to craft a basic chest so I guess not all is lost

With the daily tasks, not so lucky had only 2 marketplaces out so will wait for 22 hours to collect from them (don't want to use gems to speed up) . Hopefully will catch-up on other days. But it says 9 days, surely it's wrong...

PS if anyone wants to add me, no problems. I do login several times a day and time difference does work out (I'm from India)
    I'd love another international neighbor who's active on the forum and is a long time player. Invite sent from my place, Patch Cat (I go by Patchy). I ALWAYS return requests and do it multiple times throughout the day.

Fashion Designer
    FYI I am getting drops from Farmhouses (including Toadstool) even though I have only done 1 Market Place.

Still working on guide. Formatting in forum is heck - too accustomed to working in Encyclopedic format, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by suzishine View Post
    Same here. Get loads of requests.... but only one key.. guessin stormie..
    Is this a known problem? Because whenever I send a request I usually only get 5-10 back per day and I've found that some of my neighbors don't get the requests until 2 or 3 Days later. And this happens in EVERY event. All the time. It's not a new problem. Should I not send to stormie until last? I was bummed to see that was part of this event as I know I will Never get 20 back in a day.

lol,i had 8 hours ago goal 3 (meadow wolf)-had to craft 8 bronze coins(had 4/8) and right now i'm stuck on step 2 and cannot do anything till few hours-how is it even possible?!i sent already requests to all of my neighbours so i cannot do anything,such a waste and because of a bug,this game annoys me,every single event there are bugs&issues and no recompence for something like that
    ID:sarahmarah888
    lvl 40