Thread: NBA2KLeague Video

Farm Supplier

Angry NBA2KLeague Video

What is going on S8? Is this the only video you have? It?s the weekend! We have the battle arena tournament and the spin to win where we can watch a video and advance! And all I get is a stupid video that keeps getting an error message and I can?t advance! Had the same video over a dozen times in a matter of minutes! Typical S8 nonsense!

And a message to the moderator! I?ve been complaining about this for several months! And when I do send a report directly to S8 all I get is doubletalk blaming me for the problem! Maybe you better talk to your bosses about this problem! I?m sure I?m not the only one to have this problem!

Fashion Designer
    I've been having problems with that stupid ad every time it cycles into the rotation.

If the ad plays, it does not stop- the fake "webcast" from the League people just keeps running and running. So annoying. A few weeks ago, I set my iPad down and walked away. When I returned 15 min. later, the ad was still running. No X ever appeared so I could complete the ad and get my reward. Wtf. I've noticed it usually happens on the weekends.

Then, on weekdays, I think that ad turns into a black screen with white Play symbol in the center. No ad (or fake webcast) will play. Tapping the Play symbol/button does nothing. A couple seconds later, an error message saying the video won't load pops up and tosses me back to DS. No reward.

For some reason, even though it is Saturday, that's what I was getting today: the black screen one, over and over and over. Finally, after literally dozens of tries, that stupid broken ad cycled out and I was shown the usual gambling games Candy Crush rip offs and I was able to get my rewards.

I am positive the black screen malfunction is those "League" ads.

S8 needs to contact their ad provider and have them remove the NBA League, Overwatch League, and the anti-smoking ads (which also malfunction frequently).

But, that would require S8 to actually care, so my hopes are not high that this will get fixed.

Addition: I just searched for the Overwatch League ad complaint thread and found this: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ight=overwatch
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-09-18 at 10:22 AM. Reason: removed mod action comments

Rhino Keeper
    I'm having the same problem. I watch the video and I don't get my reward. I watch and should be able to battle but it doesn't. It really is pissing me off. It worked for the spin to win wheel, but it won't work for the battles. This is rediculous that it's been like this for a few months now. S8 please fix this do I can watch and battle too. It's not fair at all.

Farm Supplier
    I've been having a lot of issues with videos also. Most of the time they don't work, sometimes they do but sometimes, it will skip the video entirely and let me get the reward without having to watch anything. Sent in a ticket but of course, they say it's the wifi connectivity (not so since it won't work on data either) or to delete and reinstall (which helped once but then went back to giving me errors). Please fix this issue.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    When there were complaints about these ads previously, we notified the provider who shared with us that these ads were suspended. I will follow up on this.

I don't have the same problems. My problem is i get theses nba2 ads to battle and they only show on half the screen, plays for a few seconds and then a pop-up says there was a problem with the video. I tap ok, it goes back to game. Then i have to try again to battle and i get the same ad many times.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    To follow up on this, the issue with the NB2kLeague where the video plays for an excessive amount of time should now be resolved as this ad has been paused. You may see this partner again, but it'll be more inline with the length and quality of the other ads. Thank you for sharing the detailed report so we can address this for you.

If you experience issues of this nature in the future, please don't hesitate to report it to our support team.