View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

22 62.86%
  • I didn't like this event

6 17.14%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

6 17.14%
  • Streamur

16 45.71%
  • Tye-Dye Tiger

22 62.86%
  • ******s

18 51.43%
  • Rainbow Dragon

20 57.14%
  • Party Pixie

19 54.29%
  • Sparklefox

18 51.43%
  • Swan Lake

20 57.14%
  • Food

26 74.29%
  • Runes

28 80.00%
  • I didn't like the prizes

4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Fairy Birthday - 2018 Jul 6 (POLL ADDED)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by alienonacid View Post
    The leader in my group already has 16709 points. They are 1500 points ahead of second place. They just activated a 2X boost. LOL. Why would anyone do this?
    I've been in a group that went to 30k so I can understand it, the person may be in a group where they've battled against someone they know goes high, in a big spender group 1500 difference is nothing to surpass, boosts are half price, if they are still trying to get trio animal or something they need, boosting while they try is just smart. 15 gems is nothing to boost if you're speed breeding anyway why not? We don't know what their game play is so I'm not going to judge

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    ^It defies any logic I can come up with. But then, people call my strategy of waiting until the end to make a move "sniping," so perhaps I'm not the best judge.
    I get your strategy and know some do the same, is why I also get why the person may be boosting, they see a person in their group that boosts last minute and has possibly passed them before, getting high and keeping ahead will ensure they get what they want. Everyone plays differently hard to play catch up when one is so far ahead and willing to boost when a last minute booster kicks in

Fashion Designer
    Well I got my party fairy- the only one I did not have beside streamur- excited about the single rainbow element hab but I wish we could buy as many as we wanted! I'd like to have all of my rainbow dups hatched and kept as babies ...but I guess now maybe I can use my other hab that holds others beside rainbows as well for something else!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MystiqueRealm View Post
    I get your strategy and know some do the same, is why I also get why the person may be boosting, they see a person in their group that boosts last minute and has possibly passed them before, getting high and keeping ahead will ensure they get what they want. Everyone plays differently hard to play catch up when one is so far ahead and willing to boost when a last minute booster kicks in
    I guess I can see that - sort of - but even so, I still think I would wait until the end and only spend what I need to get what I want. But then, I guess if someone is spending whatever it takes, they don't mind spending multiple times. I just think if you show your hand early, and you ARE up against another spender, you're going to end up spending more than you would have otherwise for the same outcome.

I DO see the logic of boosting if you're going to be speed breeding or something similar. If you're already going to be spending a lot of gems on an activity that earns you points, you might as well get as much reward out of the activity as you can.
    Primary FFS Account - Persepheny
    Secondary FFS Account - Sakrysta
    Tertiary FFS Account - MenollyPiper
    Post containing my battle strengths list: Testing & Results Post #136 - Last updated: 2019-04-22

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakrysta View Post
    I guess I can see that - sort of - but even so, I still think I would wait until the end and only spend what I need to get what I want. But then, I guess if someone is spending whatever it takes, they don't mind spending multiple times. I just think if you show your hand early, and you ARE up against another spender, you're going to end up spending more than you would have otherwise for the same outcome.
    My response was to explain why some people boost high, there are pros and cons to boosting early or late but I'm not going to lay out full strategies on the forum since leaderboard are competition with other players we all decide what's best for us depending what we want and the group we land in lol

I DO see the logic of boosting if you're going to be speed breeding or something similar. If you're already going to be spending a lot of gems on an activity that earns you points, you might as well get as much reward out of the activity as you can.
    EXACTLY! I agree and said basically the same in a different post above, I know you get where I'm coming from, it's hard to explain to those that question different strategies when spelling it out can hurt your own, so I was generally responding so others can come up with their own strategies for how they want to proceed in their game comfortably thanks for your reponse!

I usually aim for the 3rd place since I really need the runes, but now the 3rd place in my group already has 17.899 points, while the 2nd has 25.177 and the 1st has 41.908. It's my first time being in the same group with such a big spender like this. I have to give up this time 😂

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dextrin05 View Post
    I usually aim for the 3rd place since I really need the runes, but now the 3rd place in my group already has 17.899 points, while the 2nd has 25.177 and the 1st has 41.908. It's my first time being in the same group with such a big spender like this. I have to give up this time 
    I thought my group was high but after reading these posts I see that my group is probably in the middle. If I really like the animal I will get a boost early if I'm going to speed breed. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't. After that I usually wait till the end to decide. If there is a lot of boosting in my group I'll back off because I dont want to get caught up in a feeding frenzy because that could get costly. Good luck all.
    Last edited by Callyvitale19; 07-11-18 at 01:16 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Be careful giving away how you strategize a leaderboard or people in your group will know exactly how to beat you, just advice, don't show your cards

Banned
    LOL. I think the only real "strategy" is to spend too much money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alienonacid View Post
    LOL. I think the only real "strategy" is to spend too much money.
    I agree. Regardless of whether you do boosts at the beginning or the end, the *only* way to end up with over 10,000 points is to spend a lot. I used to occasionally win the top animal because people weren't always going over 10,000 points, but now it's that way in every single LB I'm in. I stand no chance anymore, which sucks because I *do* spend *a lot*!of $ on FFS and DS. There is also no way for me to get the top animal in the World Events anymore. Since my goal is to collect all the animals, and S8 is making that impossible, maybe I shouldn't even play anymore, except maybe Storybooks. Those are doable.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast