Thread: Dragon Tales Strategy

Fashion Designer

Dragon Tales Strategy

I thought I would start a thread on strategy for the Tales. I meant to start it earlier but I forgot. For reference, I'm on US East Coast so the Dragon Tales days start at 2am or something for me (gives you a time reference)

So, here's my strategy:

Day 1 .... Doesn't take long. I also start trying for the common dragon now - less diligently than later in the tales, but still. For exampe, I had a bingo card to breed to a Jade so I bred Jade to Banshee (blue/white) on the off chance.

Day 2 - Do NOT fnish breeding whatever you have until everything else is done in tales (plant impruberries, feed dragon). Then breed and start crafting. Make sure your Spell shop is ready at the start of the day. Once I craft, I make sure there is a nest open to hatch and I can usually craft and hatch in one day. I then make sure there is an evolution temple available at the end of the day and evolve the dragon to level 4.

Day 3 - Do all the tasks except the last one (going on a quest). Instead, evolve that dragon to level 7. I have the entire day to finish the chapters so no rush at the beginning of the day and if I quest first then I will probably forget and put another dragon in the evolution temple then have to wait. (Start trying for that common dragon in earnest if I haven't gotten him yet).

Day 4 - The big thing is the start crafting. I already have my dragon above 4, quest started no big deal, breeding isn't either except waiting for the den to be open. So, I check what I need to craft the object and start it RIGHT before I go to bed. Why? Because you and I both know I will end up finishing it sometime during the day then kick myself because one of the tasks for Day 5 is to finish crafting whatever it is. This is also usually when I raise that first dragon up to 10 (overnight).

Day 5 - So, my dragon is already at 7 at minimum at this time, so no worries there, then finish crafting the object. Again, remember to NOT finish breeding dragons until after you hit that task on this day. I know, it is so tempting to wake up in the morning and hit that little heart while still half asleep, but don't do it, kids! Start your quest! I also start looking and strategizing what I need to craft next and what objects I need in order to craft things and send my dragon non-stop questing to make this happen. You need at least two of some other crafted item in order to craft the final object so I usually craft one of those some time during the Tales.

Day 6 - So this day is a bit annoying because you have to start crafting something as the first task but you know you need to finish and place it Day 7 so it just has to sit there....staring at you....begging you to finish crafting ALL DAY. Moving on....by this time my main dragon is at 10 so raising it to 11 (If I haven't already done so) isn't a big deal. I spend a good portion of Tales being careful about feeding any except the necessary dragons. Hopefully, by this time I also have the common dragon. I also raise this dragon up to 6 ASAP so if I have him already, I'm raising him up. If I don't, I'm still trying to breed him. *Important NOTE: Raise dragon to level 11 before starting the task quest, otherwise you have to wait to collect breeding or risk getting a long breeding time on something or whatever....anyway, just do it! I also will generally feed the dragon once between quests so it doesn't hurt so much to get to 12, 13, 14.... End of Day 6, I figure out what quest I need to finish the next morning and start that quest.

Day 7 - Complete the quest, feed my dragon, if necessary. Oh, then I finally get to decorate with the object and free up my Spell Shop. I try to have my breeding den ready first thing to breed to 1st Dragon right away so I can start crafting the 2nd dragon and repeat as I did on Day 2 - breed/hatch/start evolving. *NOTE: Usually I am pretty much done questing for everything I need for the tales at this point so breeding isn't a big deal*

Day 8 - If I was able to do the above, I can raise 2nd Dragon first thing. I try to make sure my Common Dragon is at least at level 6 before breeding with it, that way I don't have to worry if I get some crazy long breeding time. I raise 2nd dragon to 7 before the fight, usually it fights better and that's one more thing out of the way. Next task is to raise common dragon but that should be done so just 2 fights in the arena and I'm done. There is a quest to finish on Day 9 so I figure out what that is and send Dragon 1 on it's way (unless he's still breeding).

Day 9 - I try to raise the 2nd dragon to 10 overnight so fighting first thing in the morning is more likely to get wins and also, the next task is already accomplished. Hopefully I was able to finish that quest first thing, but I'm not worried if I need to finish it still as there are not a lot of time consuming tasks today. I don't start crafting the object until after the quest is complete, then I spend all day slowly raising dragon 1 up to 14 and working on 2 up to 12 (I have this thing where I feed every time my food is 5K above before - so say I have 20K and dragon requires 6K food, feed once then feed again at 25K food - it's a bit slow but it keeps me in a general positive food state - I will forego this if I'm at the task of raising a dragon and must raise him).

Day 10 - first things first...send requests for whatever. I always wait to plant fireapples until afterI get the item because I don't want my farms tied up if it takes 2 hours to get whatever. I do start crafting the final item and let it sit there, then I usually have 10 hours or so to win 4 fights.

*NOTE on FIGHTING: Don't be so anxious to get that "Fight with X dragon" completed that you end up losing a fight and spending 2 hours healing a dragon - it's better to win with another dragon, then win with X dragon then end up farther behind.

So....takeaways:

Raise dragons as quickly as possible
    Pay attention to the tasks needed the next day so you don't accidentally cause more drama for yourself.
    Send your dragon on non-stop quests!

Anyone else have strategies they want to share?
    Last edited by Mostreal; 07-05-18 at 07:49 AM.

Fashion Designer
    This is great!
    I just want to emphasize that finishing crafting in chapters 5 and 7 always means to finish what you started crafting before. You need to be very careful not to finish it before prompted or else you'll need to craft it again.

Also, for the tasks where you need to win a battle, it's better to raise the dragon to level 9 or 12 directly instead of just taking it out of the temple, because it will have a greater chance of winning.