View Poll Results: 5 questions - see Post 1 for questions

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q1. I like this event

15 15.96%
  • Q1. I didn't like this event

72 76.60%
  • Q2. I completed this event (using gems, LTOs)

4 4.26%
  • Q2. I completed this event (without using gems, LTOs)

5 5.32%
  • Q2. I didn't complete this event

84 89.36%
  • Q3. 1 penguin

9 9.57%
  • Q3. 2 penguins

3 3.19%
  • Q4. Goals 1 to 3

19 20.21%
  • Q4. Goals 4 to 5

21 22.34%
  • Q4. Goals 6 to 7

37 39.36%
  • Q4. Penguin Goals

16 17.02%
  • Q5. I like the prizes

58 61.70%
  • Q5. I didn't like the prizes

9 9.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Penguins On Parade - 2018 Jul 5 (POLL ADDED)

Fashion Designer
    I think we all agree this wasn't a great event cuz it was hard. Pretty much unattainable without gems. OK. So... Just don't do this one. I didn't like gnomes, and as soon as I realized this was Gnomes Revisited, I realized this one wouldn't happen for me, and I just moved on. Well have a new event in a week, and maybe that one will be easier. As an android player Events are still a woo hoo for me cuz I spent a year without them. But we're getting one event after another, and consider a few things:

* if it's hard to do, it's more meaningful when you achieve the goal.

* if it was easy enough for everyone to win, it wouldn't be as special. Look at, say, the elephant. Do I love mine? Yes! But so many ppl have one that seeing it on another farm doesn't register with me. But when I see the beaver? It's cool as heck.

* I see alot of complaints about not having any more room, and one of those complaints is mine. So when we do win a new pet that these days needs a new habitat, do u really have somewhere to put it that also allows u to keep the integrity of your farm's design? I don't like eking out room, it looks busy and haphazard. So much as I wanted the penguin, I'm cool letting this one go cuz I'm plum out of room.,anyway, and papers are something I've chosen not to spend gems on.

* not all of us will be winners each time, I'm afraid. There are going to be things that are free and get you good challenging fun, like filling a train. Always free! Then there will be gnomes and penguins that will be technically achievable but realistically will cost u $ to truly do. No way Storm8 doesn't do that on purpose, and... Oh well. Hey, I don't wanna spend $ any more than the next guy, so I just pick my battles. some of these events are more like gifts to us (succulents), and some are gonna be impossible without $ (beaver). This one sucked, fine, but I'm fairly sure another gift will be along.

* I get annoyed when I can't achieve, especially if I really want the pet. If I were missing out on a giraffe I'd be heartbroken. But again, it's not like events are rare. We know another one is on its way down the pike as soon as this one is over so opportunities are about constant. If that weren't the case I'd be more indignant over attainability.

* why we gotta hate on the mods? I've been a mod for a parenting site, and I can tell you, ain't no hell on earth like moderating a vax/anti-anxiety discussion. Take it from me, the job is thankless. Wanna kvetch that you're mad at the game, OK, but don't take it out on the mods.

Ooookie, stepping off.

After a couple of days on task 6 and sending out 30+ plane deliveries since opening this task not one snack has dropped. I would like the hula penguin from this task but right now it seems impossible. I have put in the shop all the event items from the past task since it will be impossible to even reach task 7 at this point. The gnome event was bad but even there is was able to make it to the mysterious 8th task but I couldn't complete the extra 12 tasks that were rolled into one.

Although I don't like the task I do like the hula penguins. I did see where others mentioned that they liked the igloo with the dancing penguin and ice chest where the penguin keeps popping up. Any word from S8 if these will remain as decorations. I used all the igloos but I still have the ice chest ready for collection and I would like to keep it after the event but not if it is not storable.

I get your point Fairyreserve. I've got no problem to pass on the events that seem unattainable. It would be hard to be obsessed with getting some colored pixels no matter how cute they are when there is so much going on. The issue that I have is that there is a big likelihood that the next event is going to be the same difficult if not harder. From what I can recall from my poor memory/ they say that it's ok to suffer from memory loss once you turned 18/ the only one event that everybody seemed to like was succulent one. When is was TeamLava events were hard but yet doable but now with Storm8 they are preposterous.

This one was not fair, there's no way someone could do this we work hard just to get the stages finished and get nothing. The things to do to get the Penguins is just too much. Really and then the drop rates are so unfair to begin with how in the world do they even expect someone to do this.

Can?t see this being completed. Steps 5-7 five times. Please

Just out of curiosity how often is the penguin supposed to appear on our farm? Trying for another hula dancer. That's all I can do, too exhausting and they are cuter IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyreserve View Post
    I think we all agree this wasn't a great event cuz it was hard. Pretty much unattainable without gems. OK. So... Just don't do this one. I didn't like gnomes, and as soon as I realized this was Gnomes Revisited, I realized this one wouldn't happen for me, and I just moved on. Well have a new event in a week, and maybe that one will be easier. As an android player Events are still a woo hoo for me cuz I spent a year without them. But we're getting one event after another, and consider a few things:

* if it's hard to do, it's more meaningful when you achieve the goal.

* if it was easy enough for everyone to win, it wouldn't be as special. Look at, say, the elephant. Do I love mine? Yes! But so many ppl have one that seeing it on another farm doesn't register with me. But when I see the beaver? It's cool as heck.

* I see alot of complaints about not having any more room, and one of those complaints is mine. So when we do win a new pet that these days needs a new habitat, do u really have somewhere to put it that also allows u to keep the integrity of your farm's design? I don't like eking out room, it looks busy and haphazard. So much as I wanted the penguin, I'm cool letting this one go cuz I'm plum out of room.,anyway, and papers are something I've chosen not to spend gems on.

* not all of us will be winners each time, I'm afraid. There are going to be things that are free and get you good challenging fun, like filling a train. Always free! Then there will be gnomes and penguins that will be technically achievable but realistically will cost u $ to truly do. No way Storm8 doesn't do that on purpose, and... Oh well. Hey, I don't wanna spend $ any more than the next guy, so I just pick my battles. some of these events are more like gifts to us (succulents), and some are gonna be impossible without $ (beaver). This one sucked, fine, but I'm fairly sure another gift will be along.

* I get annoyed when I can't achieve, especially if I really want the pet. If I were missing out on a giraffe I'd be heartbroken. But again, it's not like events are rare. We know another one is on its way down the pike as soon as this one is over so opportunities are about constant. If that weren't the case I'd be more indignant over attainability.

* why we gotta hate on the mods? I've been a mod for a parenting site, and I can tell you, ain't no hell on earth like moderating a vax/anti-anxiety discussion. Take it from me, the job is thankless. Wanna kvetch that you're mad at the game, OK, but don't take it out on the mods.

Ooookie, stepping off.
    Really great reality check. Thank you. We all have to look at the individual events. And decide if wecare participating or not at the beginning. I now know that because I work pop up events wont ever be completed, and I have set the alarm to collect from animals so that's doable.

I too am android so all these events back to back is exciting. But again you are right you cant win 'em all.

Thanks for reminding me why I love this game. We always have our trains. Someday I will get me a show pony! Could take 20 years but its a goal.

Farm Supplier
    I?ve been playing for 3 yrs & this is the worst event I?ve ever seen! They should at least increase the drop rates when we can not help each other out! So disappointed, I really wanted the Penguins.

Finally reached the 5 party pack stage. Doubt I?ll be able to finish given drop rates for pigs and deliveries. But as it turns out I wanted the proper penguin and accidentally gave a party pack to the party penguin.
    Agree with previous players who remind us all about keeping things in perspective. It?s just a game. And the hula dancer decorations are so cute! I hope we can keep the igloos with dancing penguins as decorations too. 🐧

The Penguin Crossing is 50% off for anyone interested.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support