Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FREE BOOSTED BREEDING - July 3rd 2018

Fashion Designer
    Woohoo! Finally got a Goblin. I KNOW!! Playing for 4 years and just now got my first Goblin. Crazy, right?
    Still need an Illusion, too, so going for him next. Will worry about Mantaray after boosted breeding is over (stopping the Tales after Seafish, anyways).

A few hours later:

Omg, I just got Illusion!! FINALLY!
    And now there's a 16 hour on the den that I'm really, really hoping is Tie Dye. It's probably another stinkin' Ambassador ... but hopefully the whole "things happen in groups of three" mojo will prevail.
    Wow. I've been trying to breed these guys for years, especially Illusion. The number of times I've bred black x purple for the Peacock Bingo tasks is insane.

Update: 16 hr was Ambassador. Oh, well. Still stoked with Goblin and Illusion! Plus, the next breeding resulted in a nice, short Landworm for trading. Nice!
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-06-18 at 12:22 AM. Reason: super happy update!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    I noticed the same thing - now the Tales are on the first week of the month meaning the Essence quest is at the same time, which then means you get 0 essence, because you need to start questing with the Tales dragon asap to get all the items needed. This seriously feels like it's intentional, to make sure we get as little essence as possible.
    I vote intentional, too. And, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if every Tales will now start with free boosted breeding and a new Essence quest. (then the Tales dragons needing to be raised to level 15 and level 14. Then, soon after, both needing to be raised to level 15. Just a hunch.)

Rhino Keeper
    It?s intentional and a gold grab, which have been so obvious lately I feel like they might already have plans to shutter this game and are just trying to get as much money as possible before that happens. It?s either that or the game makes so much money they don?t care about being obvious or treating their customers properly because the customers come back for more anyway.

Rhino Keeper
    I mean I know I complain about the game all the time but still throw money at it like an idiot. Im sure I?m not the only one.

Farm Supplier
    Does boosted breeding help with diamond dragons as well?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyan7 View Post
    Does boosted breeding help with diamond dragons as well?
    The only info I've ever seen about the Boosted Breeding says it increases the probability of getting Rare and Super Rare dragons. If you're looking to get diamond hybrids, you would need to use the Diamond Temple that's currently on sale. The Diamond Temple info card says "6x your chance to breed Diamond dragons for seven days!" I've used it before when it's been on sale and over the course of the seven days I usually get a handful of diamonds but I only use it when it's on sale as it's normally 600 gold to activate.

Fashion Designer
    I just bred Gemstone/Banshee and used boosted breeding and got Atlantis (only 15 hour option)....not a new dragon but at least something I can get 40 essence for. I hemmed and hawed a bit because I need the common dragon for tales but didn't think that combo had much of a chance of getting me my Mantaray anyway.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for the anwser.

My next question is... if I activate Diamond temple now, should I use regular or boosted breeding to get diamond hybrids?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyan7 View Post
    Thanks for the anwser.

My next question is... if I activate Diamond temple now, should I use regular or boosted breeding to get diamond hybrids?
    I can't honestly say if the boosted breeding would affect the Diamond Temple in any way as they're each meant to offer different benefits. In my opinion, the Diamond Temple will boost your chances of getting diamond hybrids and if you use the boosted breeding with it, it will mean that the dragons you get that aren't diamond hybrids should be better fails (less Commons) than if you didn't use the boost. As an example: I activated the temple when it went on sale while using the boosted breed and I've already gotten 3 diamond hybrids, 2 Super Rares, and a few Rares. Keep in mind I'm using both the Den and the Roost along with some bingo boosts to speed up breeding/hatching.

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I vote intentional, too. And, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if every Tales will now start with free boosted breeding and a new Essence quest. (then the Tales dragons needing to be raised to level 15 and level 14. Then, soon after, both needing to be raised to level 15. Just a hunch.)
    This is the second time they've started the Essence Quest and a new DT on the same day but I'll have to keep an eye out for any other simultaneous conflicting releases. I know that the Essence we get from the quest is negligibly but I think that might be part of the reason it ticks me off so badly. The fact that they're making it nearly impossible for anyone to receive such a pittance in free Essence makes them seem beyond petty. Just quit offering the quest if you don't want players to benefit from it instead of making it seem like they're offering the option to all and sundry but we chose not to utilize it.

Fashion Designer
    Got a Freedom egg in the nest! I'm thinking on splurging on the diamond temple to keep trying for Prime Eternal...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast