Thread: Crates

Crates

Anyone else find it is nearly impossible to get a 1st or 2nd place prize when purchasing crates? Does anyone else feel crates are a waste of gems?

All my neighbors have replied to my wall they have either been ripped off or said thank you.
    Last edited by sputzell59; 07-01-18 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Removed strike comment - see forum rules

Nightclub Owner
    The odds of winning the prizes are clearly listed in the Master Box thread (4th prize-54%, 3rd prize-35%, 2nd prize-10%, 1st prize-1%) and they've never changed the numbers at all since the release in 2010. Sadly it's highly doubtful that they'll ever adjust or change anything about the mystery boxes since they're not necessary to game play. I do agree that trying to get a specific prize is enough to drive a sane person mad, which is why I only tap the crates when they're on sale for half price. If I paid full price and got a dinky 1x1 deco I'd feel *****ed but personally I think 12 gems isn't an outrageous amount to spend for such an item.

Of course, it's not just the first place prize that's difficult to get, I once struggled for nearly a year to get a 4th place item before I finally got it. Then there's my white whale: the Gingerbread Castle. I've been trying for six years to complete that Gingerbread Gift Box collection and I've yet to get the 1st prize but each time they bring it back, I keep trying because I need that Castle and refuse to accept that I'll never finish the collection.

Thank you. Your information has been helpful.

Executive Chef
    I have won a few 1st prizes on various accounts, though not as many as I've bought outright in various sales through the years. Just check the master box list, and only buy a crate where you like most of the prizes. Buying a crate where all you want is the grand prize will nearly always be a huge disappointment (but man I wish I had that gingerbread castle).

I agree crates could be better explained in-game for people who don't visit the forums; if I hadn't known what I was getting into I'd feel ripped off by a bad prize. But I did, and I understand the risks of gambling.

Rhino Keeper
    I got lucky yesterday and won two 1st and three 2nd prizes out of 13 purchases!!
    But I agree - it's quite difficult to win grand prizes. I do wish those are offer as LTOs (e.g. during black Friday sale).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The odds of winning the prizes are clearly listed in the Master Box thread (4th prize-54%, 3rd prize-35%, 2nd prize-10%, 1st prize-1%) and they've never changed the numbers at all since the release in 2010. Sadly it's highly doubtful that they'll ever adjust or change anything about the mystery boxes since they're not necessary to game play. I do agree that trying to get a specific prize is enough to drive a sane person mad, which is why I only tap the crates when they're on sale for half price. If I paid full price and got a dinky 1x1 deco I'd feel *****ed but personally I think 12 gems isn't an outrageous amount to spend for such an item.

Of course, it's not just the first place prize that's difficult to get, I once struggled for nearly a year to get a 4th place item before I finally got it. Then there's my white whale: the Gingerbread Castle. I've been trying for six years to complete that Gingerbread Gift Box collection and I've yet to get the 1st prize but each time they bring it back, I keep trying because I need that Castle and refuse to accept that I'll never finish the collection.
    Are you talking about the Gingerbread Castle on RS? I have only see 1 person with it on my time being on RS. It seem hard to get. But it would be worth it in the end!

I really want the Secret Garden, San Francisco & the Bounce House on BS, but guess what? I only get the foolish bikes out of the birthday box! It is also a pain, but I sure I will not stop until I get either of them. But the boxes become a habit. I will try my luck during Black Friday when the boxes are half off!

Fashion Designer
    I can't get the box of kittens. I won't even admit to how many gems I've spent trying to get it. I think I've given up, but I might try again when they're on sale during Christmastime.

My big problem, aside from the inherent disappointments of gambling, is that you get a bunch of stuff that you don't need right now but don't want to sell because you might use it later. These things clog up the list and make so much more tapping.

It's kind of to the point that I don't want to do crates because I don't want more stuff to tap through when decorating.

Rhino Keeper
    The master box list on this forum is very helpful and informative and will help you not feel “ripped off” when you know what the probabilities are of getting a specific item.

There have been times when I want the most common item and end up getting the rare ones. But it’s not too often. I think crates are fun and make the game more exciting. I always look forward to half off crate sales.