View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like? Do you want side goals to return?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this event

28 54.90%
  • I didn't like this event

5 9.80%
  • I started but I couldn't complete

15 29.41%
  • Celtic Cub

19 37.25%
  • Will-o-Wisp

32 62.75%
  • Maregonna

30 58.82%
  • Avalon Tiles

1 1.96%
  • Fairy Tree

9 17.65%
  • Food

30 58.82%
  • Runes

38 74.51%
  • I didn't like the prizes

2 3.92%
  • I want the side goals to return

24 47.06%
  • I don't want the side goals to return

8 15.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: STORYBOOK: Highland Summer - 2018 Jun 26 (POLL ADDED)

Quote Originally Posted by miadoubled View Post
    Why no side goal to breed animals from chapter 7 and 10 ?? I always look forward to these during story books... has been getting me lots of animals I had missed prior to or in the start of my game play. This is sad for me
    I agree. I?m also sad about this

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin2016 View Post
    Out of curiosity, why do some players choose to wait to start the storybook?
    1. Missing animals: Sometimes a player does not have the required animals. And sadly, there are times when a player will NEVER manage to breed his/her missing animal. In such cases, a player may delay start until there's at least a chance of completing the story or at least reaching a target chapter.

2. Food shortage: Player may not have enough food to finish and may want to focus on high-yield farming for a couple days instead of planting what the first two chapters dictate.

3. Event compression: Even if all the required animals and food are in place, a delayed start could mean less time dwelling on the Storybook which allows a player to focus on other aspects of game-play. The player can go ahead and do certain story tasks that will later auto-complete. The early Chapters and any Acts that auto-complete will then zip by. It takes less time to complete the story when chapters are stacked and every task is not stretched out.

4. Delayed start = delayed finish: The event ends anywhere from 9.5 to 10 days from the time each player (or the auto-start feature) starts his/her timer. A player may want the last two chapters to fall on days when he/she has more free time to play.
    Last edited by SoJam; 06-28-18 at 07:46 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Maregonna - 15 hrs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180628-074612_Fantasy Story.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	45371

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by miadoubled View Post
    Why no side goal to breed animals from chapter 7 and 10 ?? I always look forward to these during story books... has been getting me lots of animals I had missed prior to or in the start of my game play. This is sad for me
    (Or chapters SIX and ten?)
    Maybe they heard all the complaints about the burdensome side goals accompanied by monumental fails. But they didn't listen correctly. We were happy to have goals that gave us bonus animals or chances to get more points toward event or the monthly prizes; what was making us sick (and still is) are the nastily decreased odds of breeding animals for the side goals or animals required for the Storybook.
    Storm8, it wasn't the goals, in and of themselves, that was the problem. The problem was that you keep stacking the breeding odds against us as we try to complete the goals and the events. You're not helping and it's not cute.

Rhino Keeper

FOUL: Low-Level Forests Charged MORE GEMS to Skip Tasks!!!

I thought I was seeing things. Skipping costs for some tasks are HIGHER for lower-level forests??? No way! But I reviewed a ton on screenshots and sadly confirmed this. Why would Storm8 make it HARDER for low-level forests to complete an event that is already quite challenging for all of us? But it is true.

Chapter 2 Act 2: Low-level forests pay 48 gems to skip while high-level forests pay only 32 gems.
    Chapter 5 Act 1: Low-level forests pay 50 gems to skip while high-level forests pay only 40 gems.
    Chapter 6 Act 3: Low-level forests pay 100 gems to skip while high-level forests pay only 75 gems.
    Chapter 7 Act 4: Low-level forests pay 36 gems to skip while high-level forests pay only 12 gems.

While it is also true that high-level forests pay more than low-level forests to skip MOST, that is only to be expected. The low-level players are supposed to have the benefit of a handicap. They should NEVER have to pay more gems than high-level players to bypass the same task.

Fellow players, this is the kind of mess that hides behind the disclaimer that "your requirements may be different."

Storm8, I've brought this kind of thing to your attention in Dragon Story and you've ignored it. This is WRONG and needs to end. Perhaps you were counting on players not noticing since most of us have had no reason to compare, and up until now, nobody seemed willing or able to post the lower-level requirements.

Banned
    Meh. We know what they mean. It may be sloppy, but as long as you know the difference between harvesting, mining, and evolving, you know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SoJam View Post
    1. Missing animals: Sometimes a player does not have the required animals. And sadly, there are times when a player will NEVER manage to breed his/her missing animal. In such cases, a player may delay start until there's at least a chance of completing the story or at least reaching a target chapter.

2. Food shortage: Player may not have enough food to finish and may want to focus on high-yield farming for a couple days instead of planting what the first two chapters dictate.

3. Event compression: Even if all the required animals and food are in place, a delayed start could mean less time dwelling on the Storybook which allows a player to focus on other aspects of game-play. The player can go ahead and do certain story tasks that will later auto-complete. The early Chapters and any Acts that auto-complete will then zip by. It takes less time to complete the story when chapters are stacked and every task is not stretched out.

4. Delayed start = delayed finish: The event ends anywhere from 9.5 to 10 days from the time each player (or the auto-start feature) starts his/her timer. A player may want the last two chapters to fall on days when he/she has more free time to play.
    Interesting. I didn’t realize that starting the storybook later would also make it end later.

Interesting. I didn’t realize that starting the storybook later would also make it end later.
    Neither did I! I assumed you would lose however many days you waited to start! I don’t have the patience to wait though
    "I will take what is mine with fire and blood."

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oficeandfire View Post
    Neither did I! I assumed you would lose however many days you waited to start! I don’t have the patience to wait though
    The event will automatically start after a period of time (usually one or two days, this event is one day). You can press Start to immediately begin or you can wait for the automatic start. Just sharing it with you so you don't miss out if you wait too long to check it.

Rhino Keeper
    Interesting. I didn?t realize that starting the storybook later would also make it end later.
    Quote Originally Posted by oficeandfire View Post
    Neither did I! I assumed you would lose however many days you waited to start! I don?t have the patience to wait though
    Indeed, my younger forest, which started the event about a couple hours after it launched, will finish a full day ahead of my main forest, for which the auto-start activated the next day. I've heard of two-day delays, but Storm8 must have adjusted that. On the younger forest, it currently reads "Event expires in: 7d 3h." On main forest, it currently reads "Event expires in: 8d 3h."
    The wait is not that hard; not much happens in the first 2 chapters except for getting the prize egg.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast