Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Pebbles Leaderboard: June 26 2018

So. what are the odds of getting the booby prize green ferns three times in a row? I smell a fix!!

UPDATE July 1: I managed to get 25 points last night but again this morning ANOTHER green fern booby prize and another green fern booby prize in the evening. What are the odds of this anyway?? I really don't get it!!

UPDATE July 2: Today I had the wooden chest once and the gold chest once and the GREEN FERN BOOBY PRIZE TWICE!!

Something is seriously wrong with this game if end up with 7 green ferns in 72 hours out of an average of 4 spins per day??

UPDATE July 3: Three spins today - one Green Fern Booby prize, one Stonecutter Booby prize and one chest worth 27.

So, out of a possible 15 spins since I started counting 9 have been booby prizes. Not good Storm8!!
    Last edited by LyannaTargaryn; 07-03-18 at 12:40 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I'm disappointed. I pressed the button to purchase a 7 gold boost and was excited that all my things were ready to be gathered at once: 1 evolution temple, 2 nests, and 2 breeding roosts. Gathered everything, went in to check my score, and the boost never activated. I mean, I didn't lose gold, I don't think, but it must have rolled back after I pressed the button and I didn't notice it. I would have easily jumped back into 2nd or 3rd place if the boost had been activated.
    That happens to me all the time. I wait a few seconds now to see if a rollback is going to happen before I actually collect anything. 90% of the time I have to repress the boost button.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcp08 View Post
    Im so confused... i cant find any leaderboard nor an update in google play. Whats up? I just dont understand . Smh.

Update: after posting this i went back to google play n it still did not show an update. This was at least the 50th time ive checked in past few days. It only had the same option as usual.. open or uninstall...
    Please make sure that you are playing the regular version of the game and not a seasonal version.

You will also need to be on at least level 17 to have the Leaderboard .
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    On the previous leaderboard I was placed in a group that like me played their normal game. The occasional boost by some, some small amounts of gold spent speeding up, food stores to use. None of us finished up with the final prize dragon, but I won. This was great and fairer to all because we all had a chance. This time I expected to be in a higher group but not with the player running second in the global race and others who obtained the final prize within hours.
    I'm still playing at my normal level and I am not spending any more money on this game. I wonder if the profits from the big spenders makes up for the loss of income from moderate players?

Fashion Designer
    As SkyHarbor and others have pointed out numerous times, the points need to be adjusted or the event needs to be extended to 11 days again.

The trial and error period for S8 to zero in on the proper point spread for a LB was done while the Arctic was in play and that has made the numbers skew high, I think. Since the closure of the Arctic, my average score has been less than half of what it was. The points required no longer make sense (and I suppose they never did for Android players).

I have two nests and one evo chamber and used to be able to reach the last milestone -or close to it- with frequent log-ins and effort. That's how it should be.

The extra Arctic den, nest, and evo made a *huge* difference. It makes no sense that we have to collect the same number of points without it (and in less time). If I remembered to spin every 4 hours, I could usually rack up between 6000-7000 points. Sometimes, I would have to spend a few gold to speed up a hatch or two to get to the last dragon, but that was okay. Having to spend a few gold is reasonable. Having to spend hundreds of gold just to reach the last milestone, which isn't even the grand prize, is *not* reasonable.

(Having to spend over $100 for more nests and the 2nd evo chamber just to reach the regular prizes the LBs (and World Events) is not reasonable. It's a mobile phone game, for cryin' out loud- and an *old* one, at that. You could buy an entire gaming console and several games -games that players can actually complete- for less than you all expect people to shell out on this one phone app. That is not reasonable or appealing.)

Anyhoo ... Since the Arctic was removed, my final scores have been between 2000-2500 points. That sucks. I didn't even manage to reach the first dragon milestone the last two LBs, and I might just barely scrape by with an Earth Dragon this time (already have it so, meh).

On my board, I am in 2nd place with only 2200ish points. First place is only a couple hundred ahead of me. Three people have zero points, and everyone else has a little over 1000- that's just regular, daily breeding and hatching. They obviously do not care, at all, about the event, and they definitely aren't spending any money in it. Only two players on my board will be getting any dragons (and maybe only one person, if I don't reach 2800). How is that good for the game or the game economy? If the game were reasonable, lots of us would start spending money on the game again. Since there is no chance of reaching the last milestone, I will not spend any of my gold on this event. I certainly won't buy any gold when I feel like I'd be getting ripped off. I'm positive I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Happy players spend money. Judging by the comments, there are not many happy DS players anymore.
    Why do you all ignore all the feedback you have been getting? Why do you offer event polls if you repeatedly ignore the results?

According to the global LB, my pitiful score ranks me somewhere between 2500-5000th place. The community appears to be shrinking?? Last LB I didn't even qualify for a global ranking (it just said something like "reach XX points to get on the global board!" the whole time), but I had about the same number of points.

I've noticed several longtime regulars on the forum have stopped posting recently. I'm not getting as many maps back, so several of my neighbors have apparently quit, as well. And, as I predicted at the introduction of the global LB several weeks ago, the same handful of names are at the top every time. Is that what the game has been reduced to? Getting ten people to empty their wallets every couple of weeks? That's lame, especially when a well-balanced game would earn you more money. How long before those players get tired of dumping their money into LBs every two weeks? Not long, I imagine. No ones likes getting taken advantage of, no one likes being used. What will happen when that short-lived gravy train ends? The future of the game does not look promising. It feels like the global LBs are the last, desperate gasp, a quick money grab before the end.

I really want Nebula Opal. There hasn't been a dragon in a while that I've liked so much. He's beautiful (despite the dumb over-typing). But, sadly, I won't even come close to reaching the last milestone. He's not in the Codex, either, even though we were told we would be able to use the Codex to craft any dragon. Why are the new regular dragons (not ultra rare, not a Champ, not a diamond hybrid, nothing really special or unusual about them), locked up so tight?

It's hard to stay interested in dragon collecting game where you cannot collect any of the dragons.

Related: Why are all the recent rereleases for sale, only? Before, dragons like the Comic and Puzzle were rereleased so we had a chance at breeding them. It's supposed to be a dragon collecting and *breeding* game.

Why are the new zodiacs classified as ultra rare and therefore next to impossible to breed?

The game has changed so much it's been ruined, imho.

What is the point of the game now? Spending money?

(Sorry this post is kinda jumbled, I had a lot of thoughts this morning.)
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-01-18 at 12:38 PM. Reason: removed third party site reference

Nightclub Owner
    Oh Fireball, your post is brilliant! You've touched on each and every one of my major issues with the game in it's current form. I've been playing since the beginning and I can't think of one change they've made that's been to the benefit of long term playability. How are we, the players, supposed to want to invest in a game when it seems like it's own creators aren't doing so?

I play another of their games and they seem to actually pay attention to our complaints and issues as they've been making changes in that game to reflect our reviews. Slowly but surely we can see things changing so why can't they do the same for this game? Whatever their answer is, by not listening to the players it makes it seem like they don't really care about this game (and the players) and are only keeping it active for the quick profits which doesn't inspire me to spend or play in the same manner I did previously and I know I'm not alone in thinking like this. I genuinely enjoy the game when it's done right and I suppose I'm holding on in the hopes that we'll one day return to the basic principals that the game started out with: breeding and collecting dragons.

Banned
    Fireball, what a brilliant post, totally on point.

I am level 200 and have all the breed able dragons apart from the new ultra rare neo’s but I have found this game has become very tiresome and irkesome. I collected the remaing sapphire shards to craft the diamond/gemstone dragon and have not even bothered with this last leaderboard or tournament which has been a very liberating experience I must say!

As you succinctly stated a lot of us long term players appear to being turned off this game for the restrictions placed on us by the developers. The control that they feel they need to make us spend huge amounts of gold to speed things up is not working.

What I think is really insulting is (stop reading all new players, this is not meant to be disrespect towards you) is that we are given useless rewards as rewards like maps, island parts and marble pieces! Can someone please explain to me why they continue to do this other than just to annoy us!

Unless this game changes radically and for the better shortly, then I too will be saying no more, enough and walk away from the game!

Fashion Designer
    Thank you, both. Sorry I was a bit ranty- I was feeling quite discouraged and despondent after checking out my Isles this morning. Every time I open the game these days I keep hearing "Have A Cigar" playing in my head. Not the same industry, but the lyrics (and the bitter cynicism) seem to apply.

I just wanna breed dragons. That doesn't seem like a lot to ask of a dragon breeding game.

Rhino Keeper
    Ditto to all the above. I think there is a lot of us thinking the same. When I first started playing I didn't mind spending a little here and there on gold or a special dragon,but they got too greedy and now mostly impossible side quest breeding of dragons which one needs to move towards the end goal.The leaderboard I am in is very quiet and it looks like the leader will win the major dragon without getting to the final milestone. I am not even halfway there, but i didn't reactive the second Den ,just felt it isn't worth it. They just keep moving the carrot,I feel it's gone a little too far. When one has a sporting chance one doesn't mind, but until they either reduce the points needed or extend the time frame I'm not interested in the LB

Fashion Designer
    I am amazed at the amount of gold I had to spend just to be able to get the last milestone. This is getting utterly ridiculous! They upped the points needed and shortened the event which makes it really hard to get all milestones, let alone try to win.
    For the record, I have 2 breeding dens at all times, 3 nests and 2 evolution temples.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast