Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pretty Pebbles Leaderboard: June 26 2018

Banned
    One wonders what awaits for us tomorrow, nothing good I expect!

So tired of these month long events, we need a break!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    One wonders what awaits for us tomorrow, nothing good I expect!

So tired of these month long events, we need a break!
    I'm wondering what the next theme will be!

Fashion Designer
    Leaderboards used to be my favorite event. The biggest plus was they were a fun way to collect some of the dragons I had previously missed out on, and it was fantastic when habitats were used as milestones. If I didn't like the last two dragons, or couldn't collect enough points to get there, I could set my own goals. Being able to set personal goals made this an event that had something for every level of player. I never looked at it as "gotta win the grand prize," because the event has always been set up to favor the players with a ton of gold. But, having attainable milestone dragons made that okay.

Having to spin the wheel (and do maintenance on the nest-den-evo in the Arctic) kept me logging in every four hours. Frequent log-ins made me plant and harvest more crops and spend more time with my dragons. Spending all that time in the game inspired me to pretty up my Isles, so I was decorating more, moving dragons around, and rearranging the habitats. That extra attention helped me decide which dragons to feed up. Basically, LBs helped me get more enjoyment out of my game, and that enjoyment and satisfaction sometimes inspired me to buy gold to support the game.

Now, I don't even care about spinning the wheel because even if I log-in every four hours and do every single spin, I'm still not going to make it much past the first dragon milestone. There's no point, no reason to care.

Fun and rewarding events are good for the game as a whole.

Now that I can barely reach the first milestone dragon this event is a drag. Sure, it's an easy one to just ignore, but it is extremely frustrating to see dragons at milestones I used to be able to achieve but can't any longer- unless I dump a stupid amount of money into the game. That is not going to happen. LBs have now become another way to taunt players with dragons they cannot collect. How fun.

Who I feel the worst for are the newer players. They never were able to purchase GPDs at a fraction of the current cost. The GPD sales of the past 18 months don't even come close to the old sales, when GPDs were offered for 300, 400, or 800 gold. The new players are inherently at the mercy of older players with tons of those formerly super cheap gold producing dragons. Doing a little speed breeding to reach the last milestone is no big deal for an player who collects lots of GPD gold ... but it's a very big deal, and often impossible, for those who don't have GPDs. There is simply no way to complete with thousands of collected gold- unless you are able and willing to dump a truly ridiculous amount of money into the game. Not many have the luxury of doing that, making it unsustainable-- for the game, for players, and as a business model.

The one saving grace (for me, at least) is the recent selection of dragons used for milestones. The milestones used to be old dragons, which was great, but now they are mostly newer ones that people who have been playing the game for a couple years already have. So, it could be worse, I guess. But, that's just for long time players like me-- if the new players can't reach the milestones and collect those (new-to-them) dragons, then what's the point??

The bad changes that have ruined both the LBs and World Events have made me totally apathetic in my play style. I used to LOVE this game. I wish it would return to being fun, exciting, and rewarding. Do you all remember how exciting it used to be when a new, breedable dragon was released? That was the best! All the chatter on the forums, exchanging ideas and theories and breeding combos ... now that has been replaced with the misery and complaints about endless fails on the new (stupidly) ultra rare zodiacs. Ugh. The game was fun when it was about breeding dragons, before there were non-stop events and piles of uninspired, unbreedable, unattainable event dragons heaped on us every few days. The occasional events were actually fun and exciting back then. World Events (which used to be called Community Events) used to be so rewarding because we all worked together and won cool new dragons for everyone. This game used to be great.

That is the only reason I'm still holding on- hope that sanity and common sense will prevail and the game will return to being similar to what it once was. That, and feeling guilty if I abandon my beloved dragons.

Please do better, S8. You have loyal players who WANT to support you ... if you would just get your act together.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-02-18 at 06:46 PM.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    I'm wondering what the next theme will be!
    May be Zodiac!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by love4kolkata View Post
    May be Zodiac!!
    Why, they are pumping out Neo Zodiacs as we speak and we have 13 normal Zodiacs already! Elsa has shut down a new World Cup Football theme, so I am at a loss!

What would be cool and to restore faith would be crafting marble to take a hour, all maps and useless Island parts to be tradable for marble keys!

We just need to be shown the love and not just thrust to the sidewalk!

FlatFoot you promised something exciting and new, well we are still waiting, instead of exciting this game has nothing except a tighter control by the developers!

Heck, some of us have spent Real Money to buy gold but this is not enough!

Tomorrow needs to keep me in the game, not see me walk!

Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Why, they are pumping out Neo Zodiacs as we speak and we have 13 normal Zodiacs already! Elsa has shut down a new World Cup Football theme, so I am at a loss!

What would be cool and to restore faith would be crafting marble to take a hour, all maps and useless Island parts to be tradable for marble keys!

We just need to be shown the love and not just thrust to the sidewalk!

FlatFoot you promised something exciting and new, well we are still waiting, instead of exciting this game has nothing except a tighter control by the developers!

Heck, some of us have spent Real Money to buy gold but this is not enough!

Tomorrow needs to keep me in the game, not see me walk!
    I totally agree with all the recent comments about the game we once loved. I have been seriously thinking about what to do and after reading here I have decided not to compete in any more events and just grow food, collect gold and gift to my neighbours and expand my island and see what happens. It is too stressful at the moment.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by love4kolkata View Post
    May be Zodiac!!
    I'm hoping there's a Tropic one eventually . . . I don't have any Tropic dragons!

Nightclub Owner
    I've ended up in a higher spot in the global LB than I did last time even though I have less points this time. To me, this says that players (barring those select few at the GLB top) are no longer jumping blindly at the shiny LB trophy/dragon and have either lost interest in LBs in general or they've decided to be more choosy about what they spend their gold on. Either way, I hope this is a wake up call to s8 that we're burnt out on this current event set up and they finally take the time to look at the game as a whole and think about the long term playing instead of only focusing on events as they have been!

Rhino Keeper
    complete joke this has been spent more then needed gold to get last dragon due to buyin boosts that then decide not to count as the game wants to keep rolling back loosing points from eggs taken off of whatever it was i was doing for points , game needs serious work on it still imo as never useed to do this :/

Fashion Designer
    I am mid 4k thats all and not remotely close to the end. Even the wheel has been a major dud this entire time...if I am not getting those lame prizes maybe I get 25 points...

I wonder if there will be any further opportunity for those sapphire pieces or if this is the end of it?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast