Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: First Day of Summer - 2018 Jun 21 (5 days)

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Good lord people are worked up about build instead of have. To me it's like requesting we cook something we already mastered, or buy a piece of decor we think is unattractive in the 2 week goal sets. We may not want to, we may think it's unnecessary, but that's just how goals are sometimes. Weigh the step you don't want to do against the final prize & new recipes, decide if the goals as a whole are worth it or not, and proceed accordingly.
    Of course, no big deal on a 2 week goal set. But this is a 5 day goal. I think it's unfair to those who have multiple ice cream machines and can't jump ahead, because they may need parts.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FijneAvond View Post
    Thank you for all the kind words and support while I updated the datasheet.
    It really is time-consuming to keep up with the fast-pace of the forum, but I do feel that the datasheet is needed on page 1.
    I hope someone will step in to assist and keep the datasheet alive for future goals - especially since I will need to step back while I'm rounding the end of my semester and prepping for my finals.

It's been my pleasure to assist you with the goal.
    Kind regards
    Marianne
    Thanks for all your work, it is soooo helpful!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xxEDLxx View Post
    Stop adding recipes from bakery story storm8! I'm tired of recycled ones. I'm skipping this goal.....
    I agree. I too am tired of recycles. S8 needs to be more creative with the goal recipes.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 7700AnchorInn View Post
    Of course, no big deal on a 2 week goal set. But this is a 5 day goal. I think it's unfair to those who have multiple ice cream machines and can't jump ahead, because they may need parts.
    I think that if you already had multiple appliances you very likely won't have trouble finishing, even in 5 days. Assuming your neighbors were on the ball, you may not even have had to wait until reset to build the required item. I reserve my sympathy for players who are starting from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I reserve my sympathy for players who are starting from scratch.
    I was starting from scratch. Not only did I not have any appliance built ... I did not have any of the parts in reserve.
    It took 2 days just to build 3 ovens ... I'm hopeful that I will finish in this account. I'm on the 8-hour food now and I've just finished building my 6th oven. Fingers crossed
    Please Be Patient with My Gaming and Posting
    Playing Restaurant & Bakery since 2011

It saddens me when players "chase the 4-stars" with no regards to my busy life ~ and delete me
    It's JUST a Game !!! Lighten Up !!!

Why are the cooking times so long?? I have 4 appliances, I'm not gonna finish this in 5 days...
    Nettie75 is my id, I accept everyone, regardless of rating, plz tip even if u can't gift, but prefer that u tng before sending me item rqts, cause I consider it begging, and I would not beg YOU

Fashion Designer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2018-06-24 12_21_11.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	45288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Collage 2018-06-24 12_21_47.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	45289  
    ғαвυℓσυs

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 7700AnchorInn View Post
    Agree! The only reason we buy and build an appliance is to be able to cook the recipe and as a result, complete the goal. With a 5 day goal, a requirement to build an appliance, is an unnecessary step, if a player already has a multiple of those. Within any goal, a requirement to build an appliance is logically different from a requirement to cook a recipe, simply because it is a pre-requisite to actually completing the goal steps, which are cooking a certain number of recipes. In my opinion, and as shared by other players in this thread, it is an unnecessary step, that could be eliminated, if a player already has that appliance in multiple quantities.
    Last edited by mikepastry; 06-24-18 at 10:02 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FijneAvond View Post
    I was starting from scratch. Not only did I not have any appliance built ... I did not have any of the parts in reserve.
    It took 2 days just to build 3 ovens ... I'm hopeful that I will finish in this account. I'm on the 8-hour food now and I've just finished building my 6th oven. Fingers crossed
    This is not the first time, when we get long time recipes within a short, 5 day goal. I have mentioned that before and will repeat again: I think, this is wrong, because it makes it almost impossible to complete the goal for those players who start with zero or only a couple of appliances. First, a player is constrained by time. Additionally, the amount of daily gifts and requests (40 + stormie, only if you you have good and active neighbors who will gift what you need and approve your requests) does not allow to build more than 1 appliance a day (assuming you are a new player and do not have any parts or only a few parts in your gifts). And all appliances now require from 22 to 28 parts per appliance! Finally, the high number of long term recipes that you have to cook in order to complete the goal make it unrealistic to finish in time. All this is very stressful and takes the fun out of the game.
    Last edited by mikepastry; 06-24-18 at 09:48 AM.

I didnt have any ice cream machine to begin with & no coloured plastics too. Managed to build 6 machines in total & I am down to cooking the last 4 grapefruit sorbet 4hrs more to complete with 2 days left . Its possible but needs a bit of planning ahead & good neighbours ofc I just kept building the machines even before I could start cooking any recipes on it, & managed to get 2 or so completed by the time I got to part 2. Cant wait to get my prize now
    Last edited by je551cat; 06-24-18 at 02:29 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast