Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 6/21: Seafoam Serenade event | goals in post 2

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    You can SEND out requests to as many neighbours as you have. You can only RECEIVE 20. You absolutely should send the request again to all of your neighbours as you need 20 back to complete all 3 parts (3, 7, 10). If you don't, then all you miss out on is a mermaid chest. If it's a daily (and we don't know that yet) request then you'll be ahead tomorrow!

I've been sitting on 19 all day but there is still many hours left till the goal expires.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    You can SEND out requests to as many neighbours as you have. You can only RECEIVE 20. You absolutely should send the request again to all of your neighbours as you need 20 back to complete all 3 parts (3, 7, 10). If you don't, then all you miss out on is a mermaid chest. If it's a daily (and we don't know that yet) request then you'll be ahead tomorrow!

I've been sitting on 19 all day but there is still many hours left till the goal expires.
    Thanks for the clarification, SW. Will try it out but must confess that I’m a little jaded. Did something change, though? I remember in the past, if you sent 20+, we were informed that not all went out simultaneously and that the excess were queued to be pushed out the next day onwards.

I’ve responded to dozens of requests from friends and have been stuck at 5/10 keys for hours even though my neighbors are obviously playing. I am guessing that the servers can’t keep up and some of us just aren’t receiving keys that have been sent.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Here's my theory. Everyone receives your request, but as soon as 20 respond, it disappears out of news feeds. (The disappearing has been validated in this and other games.) 'Tomorrow' comes and the players who haven't responded again get your original request. This accounts for a first time request hitting your news feed 6 days later. If you resend again to all, it wipes out all original requests and goes to everyone again. I have multi (multi!) accounts and can verify this happens.

This is why I'm an advocate for sending to all your neighbours. If you target 20 including Stormie in the first wave, that's fine, but follow up by sending again to everyone. I keep a small amount of active neighbours (115 at present) and this strategy works for me everytime.

I get being jaded... it's sometimes worth sitting out an event or just ignoring it to work on main story just to regroup. Hope that helps a bit!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    citizen crab has a limit of one LOL too bad i wanted a swarm in my kingdom. bery cute tho
    where do you find Citizen Crab? Btw I love that play on words.
    Adding:
    Sorry. Just figured it out.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    Can?t you change the Mysterious Mermaid Chest limited time goals to 24hrs to give everyone a fair chance, please?
    There?s only 12 hours left, but I, like many other players, will be asleep for most of those hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Would like to second that. The quest just started here in EU and we are off to bed with only 11 hours left on the quest timer!!
    us in asia is even worse,the event starts at 2-3am. s8 doesnt care

anyone active pls add me jesslau9 (i know there's a add me thread)
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-21-18 at 09:30 PM. Reason: fixed up quotes

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks again SW. It definitely helps as we try and makes sense on the mechanics of neighbour requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maridadi View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, SW. Will try it out but must confess that I’m a little jaded. Did something change, though? I remember in the past, if you sent 20+, we were informed that not all went out simultaneously and that the excess were queued to be pushed out the next day onwards.
    well, I received requests that says 1 day ago, 2 day ago and I play daily
    and then i get requests coming at day-reset and then i will log in again, example, 30 minutes later, and it says there's a request sent 2hour ago ....

maybe the game just randomly sent them out.. shrug

Nightclub Owner
    Chopping one of my free chests not only gave me a Fish Bubble and 11 Mermaid Shells but it also dropped 5 energy which was not expected but appreciated all the same.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maridadi View Post
    Well, after a night?s rest, I?ve woken up to collect from the oasis pond...but no sea turtle. Initially thought it was a bug and force closed the game a couple of times before it dawned on me...the drop is not guaranteed...AFTER A 6 HOUR TIMER!!!! This is worse than waiting on Ivy. Why, oh, why is S8 determined to put me off events?
    Yeah, I?ve collected twice now and no turtle. More than slightly irritated.

Regarding the asks, force quit your game, folks, and then reopen it. I?m be done that three times now and it helped to update the responses.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast