Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the stupidest thing you have ever done in DS

Spending 600 Gold to speed breed a dragon that only cost 200 gold.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Spending 600 Gold to speed breed a dragon that only cost 200 gold.
    I've done similar.... and I never even got the dragon!!!

Been playing a long time, and I've done every one of the things posted here! You think I'd learn, but I keep messing up while playing sleepy or in a hurry. A confirmation button would save us all a lot of grief & money. But if course, if we save money, "they" lose it...

Another thing I've done: Spend lots of gold throughout an event--and then not do the final step in time to get the grand prize. This has happened a few times in DS, FFS, & CS. When I'm busy, I'll forget my "deadline" and miss out on the final dragon (animal.) Such a waste of gold. And it's sometimes heartbreaking, too!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Been playing a long time, and I've done every one of the things posted here! You think I'd learn, but I keep messing up while playing sleepy or in a hurry. A confirmation button would save us all a lot of grief & money. But if course, if we save money, "they" lose it...

Another thing I've done: Spend lots of gold throughout an event--and then not do the final step in time to get the grand prize. This has happened a few times in DS, FFS, & CS. When I'm busy, I'll forget my "deadline" and miss out on the final dragon (animal.) Such a waste of gold. And it's sometimes heartbreaking, too!
    That's the worst! After so many years, I'm pretty sure that's happened to all of us at some point. There's no worse feeling than the moment you remember, "Oh no! Wasn't the event in so-and-so meant to end soon?" before scrambling for your closest device, opening the game then seeing you missed it.

Between the possibility of forgetting and the fact that several events over the last year have had some major glitches on the final day (especially the last few hours) I always try to finish events half a to a full day before they're set to end. I realize it's not always possible with certain events but finishing early when possible has helped me avoid the issues often faced in those final hours such as: materials no longer dropping, mysteriously disappearing crafts, forgetting the deadline and the always awful occurrence of events ending prematurely.

Host(ess)
    I hear you and many others with this - It may be a stupid move - but I am very frustrated with S8 response on it. All other actions require a confirmation WHY would spending the hardest commodity to gain not also have to have the confirmation step. If S8 is watching - please take note - the patronizing conversation rebutt that they will allow one per lifetime reversal of lost gold via accidental or other purchase is just that - patronizing. Just because us players have put up with it is a negative facet to the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Athabasca55 View Post
    Using up my last island space and closing off the mine after repeatedly reading, don?t use your last island space or your mine will close. Yeah, smh. Sigh.
    Me, too. Womp, womp!

Banned
    I'll take "downloading the game in the first place for $500," Alex. Ha hA!

I do enjoy my game, but it has been a major time and money suck. I should take up something healthier, like getting off the couch once in a while.

Yeah, I totally hate it when I accidentally speed up crops like impruberries or firapples.

I did many many since I am a lonnggg time player,these are the ones I remember��
    Buying my millionth firestorm dragon while searching the market for something else
    Crafting my 3rd gladiator dragon with like 500 gold while looking in the craft shop for something else
    Buying a gingerbread dragon for over 1000 gold while trying to close the pop ups after a bad night sleep
    Upgrading a habitat accidentally for 500 gold
    Speeding up farms by accidentally hitting finish button
    Speeding up unnecessary eggs by hitting finish button accidentally
    Speeding up expanding with like 800 golds of course accidentally
    Buying food for gold accidentally by hitting the top of the screen while looking somewhere else than my device screen
    Buying the dragons(more than 10) with normal price after limited time breedings and not breeding them,then seeing them in the market for %90 discounted
    Trading dragons that I only have one
    Should I keep writing?
    The worst thing is I am still playing ��

Quote Originally Posted by dtduygu View Post
    I did many many since I am a lonnggg time player,these are (...)
    Should I keep writing?
    The worst thing is I am still playing ��
    Oh, wow! You have had some expensive "accidents." I've only had a few of the ones in the "hundreds of gold," because I don't keep large amounts on hand. I know if I have it, I will accidentally tap on coins or food or something (always do--need CONFIRM button!!!) and then it's gone. So if I'm buying something that requires lots of gold, I buy it right before purchasing. Saves me a little bit of heartache. However, there's not always a gold sale, so this method can be expensive. But I've wasted so much gold doing all those accidental taps (in 3, used to be 4, S8 games) that it's worth it to me.

I agree, that "one time only" reversal is a ridiculous policy. Maybe once a year, but less than that is just rude to those who stick with their games. I've been playing a very long time, and used up my reversal years ago. And I used it on a small purchase--shortly after that I wasted 500 gold and that's when I discovered the "once in a lifetime" policy. I was heartbroken! But I've done it countless times since. And keep playing! What the heck is wrong with me to put up with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I'll take "downloading the game in the first place for $500," Alex. Ha hA!

I do enjoy my game, but it has been a major time and money suck.
    (...)
    Lol! And "ditto" that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast