Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glasswing or The Dark One

Farm Supplier
    The land of the platypus and Vegemite sandwich

Glasswing or The Dark One

I?ve finally hit 1600 essence and was saving for a Glasswing as I read they are the best in battle arena. Now I read the The Dark One is also just as good.

I have never won more than 4 battles in a row with my current line up, so I need a good battler. Can I please have some opinions on which way to go? Thanks guys!

Fashion Designer
    I don't have The Dark One, though I have been thinking about getting one. I do have Glasswing and she's great in the arena. She's at level 14 now and I win almost every battle - if I'm in doubt and need a win, out comes Glasswing.

My other two great fighters are Diamond and Achilles.

Fashion Designer
    Glasswing is really good for me too. I don?t have The Dark One, but maybe I should consider getting it when I get that high. Glasswing is definitely my number 1 fighter though.

Rhino Keeper
    Gentle knight has always been awesome for me in the arena so that is another one u might want to consider.

Banned
    If you want a kick arse Champion then Glasswing is Awesome and Amazing in the Arena. In saying that I have a couple of pure Champions also at level 15 which I also use.

It’s like the toss of dice, some players have amazing results with common dragons and mine are absolute rubbish, it truly depends on the game and if it is in tune with your game. Don’t laugh, some caretakers will battle a singular dragon in the tournament up to 30 Times and another will take it out it one hit.

Getting back to The Dark One, mine is a dud!

Fashion Designer
    I concur with Random59- my TDO is a absolute dud. I don't even bother trying to use him anymore.
    Glasswing is easily my best fighter, followed closely by Shaman (pure champ, super rare). They are only level 13 and both do a great job.

--just double checked and my Glasswing is only a level 12- and he still kicks butt. He just eats too much for me to keep feeding. Sucker wants 27,300 per bite at level 12. Nope. Not happening. Shaman needs about half that (15,000ish per bite) at level 13. That's something you may want to consider, too- older dragons usually require less food than the newer ones.

--hmmm. looks like I was lucky with Shaman. I chose him because of how cool he looks and because he was on sale the week of my birthday a few years ago (if you can call $15 a "sale" ugh). He just happens to be one of the cheapest pure Champs to feed. I looked at the feeding charts for most of the old Champs and there are only a handful of pure, super rares on the cheapest feeding schedule: Shaman, Inquisitor, Warrior King, Warrior Queen, Warrior Princess. Not Warrior Prince, though. He eats more than his family members for some reason. He's a growing boy, I guess?
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 06-20-18 at 02:04 AM.

Executive Chef
    I have Dark one and he has his uses but takes an awful lot of food to level up to be useful ......my glasswing is not much help for me as an individual

My neo valient is probably one of my best for now .... don't think that helps you much
    Last edited by pernmagic; 06-20-18 at 04:28 AM.
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Rhino Keeper
    I went with the Dark One.
    Luckily for me I'm always able to finish a tournament by using non diamond nor champion type against the pure champs that are higher than lvl 15.
    Reason i went with the dark one was it was introduced a month prior that i quit playing the game for a good amount of years. When i came back everything changed, you couldn't any longer gain 4 golds any time you beat a high level "boss".

As for now, i have 1200 essence, over 10 ultra dragons i can sacrifice and i don't think i will craft any dragons yet

Fashion Designer
    Between those two probably Glasswing. However, you might want to consider Neo Glasswing since it requires less food.

I have both Glasswing and Dark One, but I use Glasswing a lot more compare to the Dark One which I rarely ever use. Reason is probably majority of the opponents I encountered have white type, so Glasswing would be a better choice since rainbow type is strong against white and black is weak against white. And if you pay attention to the tournament forums, you'll see many rave about Glasswing, not much about the Dark One. Plus in my opinion the less types it has the Purer and stronger it is b/c there's less weakness to consider when battling.

I also have Neo Glasswing and Neo Valiant, but haven't had the chance to try them yet, but I'm hearing good things about them so far.

Ha ha, just bought Shaman, Dueler, and Skeletal Knight. Also took out my Wardrum. Heard good things about Shaman, not sure about the rest, just like their badassery design. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts about them~
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Banned
    Definitely go with Glasswing. I have both too but Glasswing is more useful in battle. However, they both frustrate me with high food requirements and long evolution times. Now Neo Glasswing, on the other hand, I'm in love with. I fed that bad boy to level 15 and it rarely loses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast