Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone calculated the best gift to give yet?

Fashion Designer

Has anyone calculated the best gift to give yet?

Personally, I accept all. But I like to gift what's the most valuable. Just started playing this today so haven't calculated myself yet. Just wondering if anyone else has?

New Resident
    Since every item no matter how long it takes to order them cost 2coins, the best gift should be with the most quantity.

^That's correct. If you have good neighbours sending you gifts daily, your contrast pumps will never be out of stock.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by saujana View Post
    Since every item no matter how long it takes to order them cost 2coins
    Are you sure? Not everything is worth 2 coins. Eg. spike earrings from "Runway Gorgeous" set are worth 5 coins. (3200 / 640).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrida View Post
    Are you sure? Not everything is worth 2 coins. Eg. spike earrings from "Runway Gorgeous" set are worth 5 coins. (3200 / 640).
    But they aren't available as gifts for your neighbors.

New Resident
    Ah yes, that's a good point! :-} Thanks.

On a similar note, has anyone found which set of clothing the Red Sweaters come from? We can give them as gifts but out of curiosity I can't see a way to order more.

Farm Supplier
    we know the value for the handbags and the slacks, which is 2g each. The sweaters and shoes are unknown, but could be 2g or 5g based on the rest of garment values.

50 handbags x 2g = 100g
    100 slacks x2g = 200g
    100 sweaters x2g = 200g
    -OR-
    100 sweaters x5g = 500g
    200 pumps x 2g = 400g
    -OR-
    200 pumps x 5g = 1000g

I doubt the pumps are worth 5g each, as that would make the gift more valuable than any of the other Story game gifts. So the pumps are the most likely best gift at 400g, or IF the sweaters are worth 5g, then they will be worth more at 500g. I haven't had the patience to test what the sweaters are worth. Any other hard core want to run a test of the sweaters?

Rhino Keeper
    Due to the influx of pumps I've been getting, I actually block off the rest of my store every morning to ensure that all gifts I receive sells. (So I won't end up with a shelf of like, 30,000+ pumps like I did earlier in the game.) I'll do the test tomorrow morning for the sweaters unless someone beats me to it.

I actually watched for the sweaters earlier today. Not sure if my testing method was adequate, but you be the judge. I waited for a customer who only looked at the sweaters, tried it on, then went to the register. When she left the register it said +2. I guess if you had nothing in your store but sweaters that would be more conclusive...

Executive Chef
    I just send in Contrast Pumps to my neighbors, and the reason I do that is because Contrast pumps comes in the highest quantity of all the others compared.
    I believe the handbags come in quantities of 50x. Black slacks and Red sweaters come in quantities of 100x. And the Contrast pumps come in quantities of 200x.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast