Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to know who to purge from neighbor lost?

I go to the news feed and click on neighbors and if they are on a level lower than 50 I check their island and if they have not expanded then I delete them. But I also know how long they have been neighbors and that they should have been up higher levels by this time even playing rarely.

Fashion Designer
    I recently started an excel spreadsheet because I realized I have over 120 neighbors. So I am keeping track for a week - level, if they requested something, if they replied to a request. I'm going to see who has recent activity, compare it to level on day one and day 7 and delete a bunch from there.

I am going to leave a note on their wall the same as I do with Bakery Story "Hi, I'm cleaning out my neighbor list and you do not seem active, when you are active again you can invite me again".

When I do this with Bakery Story, I will ocassionally have a note a month or so later with "Hey, I'm active again, add me back" or immediately, "Hey, I'm still active, add me back". I always add them back and everyone seems content with this.

Farm Supplier
    S8 could make it very easy to have notification on player’s page as to whether or not player is inactive. All they have to do is write a program and have it show on the page in active for 30 or 60 or 90 days or what ever amount of time they choose. I play a game from another company and I don’t have to wonder whether my neighbors are in active over 90 days because it has a notification on the players homepage! I guess it just depends on how player friendly the game is and for S8 it doesn’t seem to be two player friendly!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chezkaye13 View Post
    S8 could make it very easy to have notification on player’s page as to whether or not player is inactive. All they have to do is write a program and have it show on the page in active for 30 or 60 or 90 days or what ever amount of time they choose. I play a game from another company and I don’t have to wonder whether my neighbors are in active over 90 days because it has a notification on the players homepage! I guess it just depends on how player friendly the game is and for S8 it doesn’t seem to be two player friendly!
    It is more difficult in this game the the other one I play. The other one has more events that need neighbor requests (Bakery Story) and tipping in other bakeries gives actual coin so people do it more often than playing with dragons so the star (or egg here) rating is more accurate to activity. If someone has 0 eggs in this game are they inactive or do they just not visit other neighbors much?

I eventually used a mix of noting who responded to requests or requested something (whenever I got a chance to record it), egg rating, and the kicker was level. I recorded their level at the beginning of July and except for the really high level players if they did not move up at least one level in that time, I deleted them. I am down to 50 neighbors now and will purge again at the end of Aug as I accept all neighbor requests so I tend to get a lot of neighbors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12