Thread: Questions for "Not using real money" players

Farm Supplier

Questions for "Not using real money" players

Hello. This thread is for you guys that won't use real money playing this game.

If you guys go to grocery store and really feel like some chocholate, I guess you could use 1 dollar or 1 euro to get it? But when It's a question about having to stay up late and being tired the whole next day, to collect Ivy's hut, or using 1 euro or 20 cents to rush it you choose staying up late.

Why is this? Do you enjoy the challenge? Do you feel like it's important to have no-money-policy because otherwise you'll end up spending all you money on CS? Or is your real-life time and energy not that important to you?

I can't believe it was really about the money. 1 euro or 5 euros is not that much money for any adult. (I personally am a student and have very low income on western standars, so I'm one of the European "poor".)

I'm asking because I'm struggling with this topic. I use real money maybe 10-20 euros a month on CS and always having some conscience problems with it. Don't really know why. I'm using some euros on entertainment and fun every month otherwise without regret. What is different about spending money on a mobile game?

Fashion Designer
    I refuse to spend any money until they add a confirmation for gem use. I’m not giving any of my hard earned cash when the purchased item could just vanish from under my nose.

I used to spend a fair amount on an old game that did have a confirmation before spending in game currency.

Rhino Keeper
    First reason: No Gem confirmation button. A confirmation button is utilized in the game for other things, but not for Gems. So it's not a question of not being able to do it, but being unwilling to implement it. It's a hassle to contact Support every single time it happens, so the game eats up Gems this way (and they don't always give it back), thus being overall more profitable for S8 not to add it. There's nothing wrong with this - it's a business decision. But it still strikes me as shady and leaves a bad taste in my mouth because people who use real money for Gems shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to get them back. There's a clear preventable solution (confirmation button), but it's not being used. That's just so mind-bogglingly inefficient and frustrating to me. ****s any urge to spend money on Gems, since it's too easy to accidentally spend/waste them, and I don't want to have pulled out my card for nothing.

Second reason: It's more personal, but I only think it's worth it to spend money on things that make me happy and things that I like. It's fun to collect items and design your kingdom, but the more I play, the less I experience those two things and encounter problems that aren't being addressed. I still find some level of enjoyment in playing the game, but not near enough to spend real money on it.

I don't mind spending on things I like, even if it's temporary, because I'm paying for the "experience." For the reasons above, Castle Story just doesn't qualify for me. It's less about the money and more about thinking that I will make a pointless purchase if what I paid for can get lost so easily or it doesn't increase my enjoyment of the game.

If you like the game and the items they provide, I don't think you should feel bad for spending money on them. If 10-20 euros is manageable for you, by all means, do it. If it's not, then budget well. Don't use money for a game if it's better spent on a meal or something. There are other ways you can enjoy the game, even if you miss out on a few items. With these back to back events, I'm sure there are plenty of items down the line that you will like just the same.

Executive Chef
    I refuse for:
    1. Gem traps and S8's refusal to implement a confirmation process.
    2. Its a "free" game, you should be able to complete regular game tasks without spending gems.
    3. S8 appears to purposely design events to force their typical players (those who can't babysit 24/7) to use gems to complete.
    4. S8 changes what works well (and I actually purchased) to something that glitches, is confusing and doesn't work properly unless you restart the game, losing time on unlimited energy. The 15 minute unlimited energy to weekend warrior to Weekday Warrior but only when there isn't an event.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you guys for sharing your interesting thoughs about this topic.