Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unturned Stone Leaderboard : June 12 2018

In the spirit of celebrating successes and failures, am posting that my LB win streak has finally come to an end at 24. I only got a silver this time around, and was pipped by a mere 600 points. I gotta admit for a milestone finale, I made a ton of mistakes and didn't show the normal paranoia that had guaranteed myself a win 26 times earlier.

I started much to early in the leaderboard and found myself in a group with a fellow neighbour of mine who I recall I befriended on the second or third leaderboard ever. I'm normally paranoid of tied finishes, but being in the same group felt like things were coming full circle. Maybe too much. I accepted an offer to make a tied win, but warned them that if a challenger gave chase it would be every player for themselves. I wasn't going to take second sitting down while I had this streak going. It was still a large compromise, since you've given up the element of surprise and are highly visible sitting ducks. I know since I've exploited this situation several times before in the past for the win.

We both seemed to have multiple advantages throughout the leaderboard and led by a large margin for the entire period, trading first back and forth. At the end a few gave chase, and my neighbour put 14,000 points between us. In a bad judgement, I wasted some 3.5 million apples but soon we were tied for the finish. With more than half an hour to go, I went to the mines to **** time. I made the mistake of not monitoring the finish like a hawk and only noticed one challenger moving in the last 30 seconds. I gave chase but it was too late. In a case of cosmic karma, my very same strategy had been used against me.

Am kinda disappointed in myself that I made so many mistakes for a seasoned player, but in a way am also relieved that I don't have to worry about keeping this streak. 10 was a milestone finale, and when that passed then 20 was it, and now I felt like 25 would have been the true finale given work and partner pressures. This way it sort of is a nice and tidy way to finish off my love affair with DS leaderboards. I probably won't take them too seriously from now on (i hope). A 24 win streak ain't bad for a free-to-play-er.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I'm bummed, we were working on a tie and someone jumped ahead of a bunch of people at the last minute. It was a bit of an odd chance, but two were in 1st and myself and someone else were tied behind them so I was hoping that would count as 2nd instead of third but in the last seconds of time someone jumped ahead to end 1K points ahead of the people in 1st and knocked us all down. On the plus side, at least in theory the tie concept works. That person that jumped ahead did have notes on their wall so it isn't like they couldn't have known what was going on....

I'm going to try it again next leaderboard and make a plan earlier in game play so hopefully we can get more - the two in first didn't find out until later and there wasn't really a way we could have caught up - I am kind of wishing I did use the gold to catch up with them but that would have been a lot of gold as we were 4K apart this morning and everyone except me had stopped playing last night (US East Coast time).
    FYI, your tie setup wouldn't have worked. if two people are tied for 1st place, that consumes the 1st and 2nd winning position. Anybody past that would have only counted for a 3rd place prize. If you had 3 people tied for 1st, that would consume the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning positions, so everyone else would at best get the 4-6th place prize. You can have as many people as you want tie for 1st place (or 2nd place or 3rd place or any place) though. In theory, if you can herd a bunch of cats that speak all kinds of different languages, you could arrange everyone in your group to tie for 1st place and it would rain gold trophies in your group.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    So...I'm pretty sure I'm in a group that doesn't give jack about this event. I really just slept through it, I bet the others did too. The 1st place just barely made it past the milestone with 7466, 2nd place made it past Garnet with 4280, and 3rd not even the last chest with 4280. The rest around 2k including me who didn't really hatch or breed much or at all and still got 8th. I find this kinda funny when comparing it to the crazy Global group.

I mean seeing them fighting so hard, I felt like I should at least put some effort and get the Garnet dragon, but lately sleep has been winning over the past couple events.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    FYI, your tie setup wouldn't have worked. if two people are tied for 1st place, that consumes the 1st and 2nd winning position. Anybody past that would have only counted for a 3rd place prize. If you had 3 people tied for 1st, that would consume the 1st, 2nd and 3rd winning positions, so everyone else would at best get the 4-6th place prize. You can have as many people as you want tie for 1st place (or 2nd place or 3rd place or any place) though. In theory, if you can herd a bunch of cats that speak all kinds of different languages, you could arrange everyone in your group to tie for 1st place and it would rain gold trophies in your group.
    Yeah, we knew that was probably the case but we were sitting 4k below the people in first place so we were hopeful.....

It was actually much more fun than previous leaderboards and I made two new neighbors so really it was a win.

Farm Supplier
    How do you guys get so many points??

I have one pair breedings around the clock, two nests round the clock, two evolution temples round the clock. Granted, I spend about 200k apples, maybe that’s not enough?
    It’s just crazy to see posts where people not trying hard get 4000+ points and I am trying my darndest and end up with 3,998 points and that is with spending gold for one 2hr boost at the very end

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by manda587 View Post
    How do you guys get so many points??

I have one pair breedings around the clock, two nests round the clock, two evolution temples round the clock. Granted, I spend about 200k apples, maybe that’s not enough?
    It’s just crazy to see posts where people not trying hard get 4000+ points and I am trying my darndest and end up with 3,998 points and that is with spending gold for one 2hr boost at the very end
    I have one breeding den(one roost I use for community even only)
    2 nests
    2 evolution temples

I hoard my food for boosts. Usually I only use one boost per leaderboard. so, I try to have a bunch to raise to juvenile or adult during the 7 days and sparingly raise to Epic because that takes the most food - I have an excel spreadsheet so I can also see who requires less food, especially to get to Epic.

So, I usually have over 600K food by the time I use a boost, which I usually use within 24 hrs of ending. I also set up as much as I can - two evolution temples get set up with the longest evolution times I can find and I do the best I can with my two nests and one den - that of course depends on breeding. Sometimes I do a "throw away" breeding of magic or peacock and diamond because the minimum time you get is 18 hours. I would love to get the Diamond types available but so far have only ever gotten Peacock (18) or Magic (20) from that pairing.

All of that gets me to the last milestone. I don't generally get the prize dragon. Sometimes I try but until the last few leaderboards, the first and second place person are so far ahead it is cost prohibitive to try.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    So...I'm pretty sure I'm in a group that doesn't give jack about this event. I really just slept through it, I bet the others did too. The 1st place just barely made it past the milestone with 7466, 2nd place made it past Garnet with 4280, and 3rd not even the last chest with 4280. The rest around 2k including me who didn't really hatch or breed much or at all and still got 8th. I find this kinda funny when comparing it to the crazy Global group.

I mean seeing them fighting so hard, I felt like I should at least put some effort and get the Garnet dragon, but lately sleep has been winning over the past couple events.
    I wish I could get in a group like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Except now we have a WE so I have to plant food based on time rather than quantity
    OBviously I don't know your work or life situation/schedule, but I plant 5 hour crops during the day and then do 8 hour crops overnight. I don't bother with Scalypears unless I really need to in order to clear a line in Bingo.

Fashion Designer
    I got the Hidden Gem milestone, so I am happy lol

Host(ess)
    I came in second with 2100 points!

Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast