Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Unturned Stone Leaderboard : June 12 2018

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    OBviously I don't know your work or life situation/schedule, but I plant 5 hour crops during the day and then do 8 hour crops overnight. I don't bother with Scalypears unless I really need to in order to clear a line in Bingo.
    I usually plant one hour rushrooms during the day and five hour diamond dates overnight but during these events, I use the 20 hour scaly pears so that I don't miss time if I get busy at work.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I have one breeding den(one roost I use for community even only)
    2 nests
    2 evolution temples

I hoard my food for boosts. Usually I only use one boost per leaderboard. so, I try to have a bunch to raise to juvenile or adult during the 7 days and sparingly raise to Epic because that takes the most food - I have an excel spreadsheet so I can also see who requires less food, especially to get to Epic.

So, I usually have over 600K food by the time I use a boost, which I usually use within 24 hrs of ending. I also set up as much as I can - two evolution temples get set up with the longest evolution times I can find and I do the best I can with my two nests and one den - that of course depends on breeding. Sometimes I do a "throw away" breeding of magic or peacock and diamond because the minimum time you get is 18 hours. I would love to get the Diamond types available but so far have only ever gotten Peacock (18) or Magic (20) from that pairing.

All of that gets me to the last milestone. I don't generally get the prize dragon. Sometimes I try but until the last few leaderboards, the first and second place person are so far ahead it is cost prohibitive to try.
    Thank you for your reply
    So the only difference I see is that you use 400k-ish more apples. That doesnt make a 4000 point difference does it? Also, when you say you use a boost, are you using a bingo boost or the double your points boost? If bingo, which boost do you use? If the event boost, do you use it at the end? Lots of questions, Im just confused as to why Im not making it to anywheres near the end and it seems Im planning good?
    I also use a sheet to keep tracks of evolves. Its very handy

Quote Originally Posted by manda587 View Post
    Thank you for your reply
    So the only difference I see is that you use 400k-ish more apples. That doesnt make a 4000 point difference does it? Also, when you say you use a boost, are you using a bingo boost or the double your points boost? If bingo, which boost do you use? If the event boost, do you use it at the end? Lots of questions, Im just confused as to why Im not making it to anywheres near the end and it seems Im planning good?
    It's the wheel. The other players in your group make a big difference to how many points you can get from the wheel. The difference can range between 25 points and upwards of 230 points every 4 hours with a small factor based on what type of chest you unlock. This is a big difference. I don't know how the wheel works exactly, but my opinion is based on 2 years of playing leaderboards on both DS and FFS, even accounting for the fact that the algorithm may have been tweaked during that time. In my opinion, the wheel is designed to keep players involved by giving them the impression that they still stand a chance during the event. In simple terms, it keeps players who spin it in the top half (10) of the group. If you are currently ranked below 10, you will be more likely to spin higher points prizes, many of which will push you just to the halfway mark of the group. The composition of the group matters greatly on how this might help you. If you have one leader and everyone is straggling behind, then the wheel will be less generous than if you had 11 active players who are close to each other in points. In the former situation, top 10 will be filled with low points players, while in the latter the wheel will mean that any of 11 active players who gets left behind will get a healthy boost from the wheel to put them back in the running.

If sort of balances out the luck element by guaranteeing that you will either be in a easy group where everyone is equal and the top prize is teasingly within reach, or if you are in an intense group with no chance of winning at least you will make all the milestone goals.

Your level will also affect which group you get placed in, so if you are a low level (under 70), then the group you will end up in will probably be filled with newbies what won't rack up much in points, leaving the whole group to achieve only the lower milestones.

Btw, a tip I got from some else on the forum. Instead of keeping a separate sheet on hatching/evolution times, just change the name of the dragon to include the evolution and hatching time. This way you can easily lookup the time in-game when you need to know and if you select dragons directly from the evolution temple you can see the list of all ready-to-evo dragons and their times.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by manda587 View Post
    Thank you for your reply
    I use the double point boost. So my 400K apples instead of being worth 800 points are now 1600 points. That's why I try to feed sparingly during the event unless I'm using a boost. One leaderboard (back when it was 10 days) I managed to rack up 1m food! Man, was that a boost but I still think I ended in 3rd. One thing I do like better about the last few leaderboards is 1st and 2nd place are much more doable. I used to be 10K points behind the top 2 or 3, now I'm much closer.

I do use the speed boost also, sometimes. For example, one leaderboard I had one dragon that had a 44 hr evolve time and one with a 33 hour evolve time. Close to the end, I set the 44 hr evolve dragon to start about 36 hours from the end of the even and the 33 hr one about 26 hours from the end. I then used a 10x evolve, hoarded my food and used a boost when those were ready. So I got 44X3X2 and 33X3X2 plus an extra 9X3X2 for the boost. Instead of getting 44X3 and 33X3. So points went from total 231 to total to basically 264+198+54=517. The boost extra you don't 'see' per se in points, it's more like adding 9 hours to the time, if that makes sense.

I try to do the same with breeding and hatching but that is a bit trickier as you cannot predict what length of time a breeding pair will give you, but usually close to the last day, I can make some predictions. When you add it all up and time it right, it does make a difference.

I do use some gold during the leaderboard, as well as strategy, to make sure I am breeding/hatching/evolving 24/7. I have an excel spreadsheet that helps with evolving. I have dragon type, name, level, evolving time, etc. and when I am getting ready to evolve my next dragon, I look at my schedule and see what times work best. I also do that with breeding/hatching. I have two nests so I try to make sure one will finish when the breeding is done. I use Winter, Olympus, Air, and Light sometimes to keep the ball rolling. So if one dragon is done hatching, the other has a while, and the breeding pair has two hours to go an Air goes in the nest to hatch for immediate sale. I'm at level 186 and have about 40m coins on average so spending isn't a big deal. Air isn't that expensive, though, so I used to use more of those.

As far as what @JustKay mentioned about the wheel, I'm not sure. This last leaderboard I was in 4th trying to catch up to 3rd place and my last two spins were about 150 and 250 points. I used two 2xboosts (on sale), and about 20 more gold this time to catch up to the person in third place and finish with 8656 (if I remember correctly). I did the first boost when I had 2 12 hours evolving dragons, one 12 hour hatching and breeding and I forget the other on the nest, as well as some food. For my second boost, I was originally going to hatch the 24 hr tribal dragon then realized I had enough essence to hatch Tiger's Eye and Birthstone - 2 rares that I wanted anyway. So I got the boost for hatching time and rare points for one of the dragons. This last one, I used my last boost the night before and decided to tie the 3rd place person instead of the 1st place people, hoping that we would be counted as second - of course someone shot up at literally the last minute to take 1st place and I was a bit bummed but whatever....it's just a game.

Something I learned - only breedable dragons will get you the rare/super rare/ultra rare extra points! I learned that two leaderboards ago when I was wondering why I didn't get the extra points.

NOTE ON FARMING: I have enough money now that I farm almost exclusively upgrapes, rushrooms, and diamondates. They have the best yield times. Upgrades are for when I am near my phone for a bit, Rushrooms when I think it will be more than 30 minutes between times checking my phone and Diamondates at night.

NOTE ON SPEED BOOSTS: I 'hoard' my boosts and almost exclusively use them during leaderboard and community events. I never speed up evolving and often have one temple empty during Tales or no event. I VERY rarely boost breeding outside of community or leaderboard (very occasionally to get through a 20+ hr fail to get the common dragon needed for tales), and NEVER use hatching boost unless I'm in community event AND have two breeding dens going. Farming boosts are also rare outside of community event - NEVER 10x outside of community event, though 5x I get more often (I'm in gold bingo league so get them a lot) for bingo cards.

I currently have 3 loyal gold buddies and 2 gold producing dragons - one gives me 4 per day and one 5 per day. Before that, I had a budget for buying gold. I busted my budget a bit to buy the Kintsugi dragon but at the sale price he was going to have me break even in about 6 months and then it's all 'profit' from there. I haven't spent quite as much on gold since raising him to 10, which is good because that money should really go into car repairs right now, not games!
    Last edited by Mostreal; 06-21-18 at 08:13 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Thank you so so much for sharing that much detail, I am so grateful! I will be reading your post a few more times when the event comes up

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456