View Poll Results: Did you like this Event?/ Which items do you Like?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked this Event

11 55.00%
  • I did not like this Event

4 20.00%
  • I could not finish thie event in time

7 35.00%
  • Rose Quartz Dragon

15 75.00%
  • Peridot Dragon

13 65.00%
  • Tourmaline Dragon

12 60.00%
  • Fire Garnet Dragon

13 65.00%
  • Firerock

1 5.00%
  • Gemstone

0 0%
  • Island Parts

5 25.00%
  • Smokey Crystal

1 5.00%
  • Raw Marbles

1 5.00%
  • Crystal Spire

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Inner Flame Dragon Tale **NEW POLL ADDED**

Farm Supplier
    Breed time is 3hrs

Thanks, cat chick!

Fashion Designer
    So, of course last night I bred Hook to Diamond for a bingo card and got a 44 hour breeding time! I was thinking of using a boost, but I can catch up tomorrow night as I have my dragon levelled up and can just wait to breed to mist, start quest, start crafting, finish crafting, and collecting gemstones from breeding may bring me to Wed morning but then I just roll right into day 5.

For those of you getting stressed out about the Tales, it's all about strategy. Maybe it's time to start another thread to help strategize with new criteria.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    For those of you getting stressed out about the Tales, it's all about strategy. Maybe it's time to start another thread to help strategize with new criteria.
    MOSTLY about strategy. But also about having resources you can utilize -- foresight (a wonderful thing when you can get it); multiple nests, dens & temples; boosts and/gold to speed.
    The only foresight I have is advance information provided on the story chapters. I can maybe hedge a bit on breeding outcomes, but that goes only so far, especially when so many separate actions need to be somewhat synchronized. As for multiple buildings, no such for me. One den; one nest; one temple, so there WILL be speedbumps and hiccups no matter how much I strategize. Very little gold here, and only as many boosts as 4 weeks of Bingo could provide, minus the few that I wasted or used.
    I think next month I may try the strategy of delaying the start of my Tales until after having bred the new common for Chapter 6. But if I have to first breed, hatch and evolve the PARENT of the new common as was the case this month, you see I still have quite a dilemma.
    Last edited by SoJam; 06-04-18 at 08:38 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    So I dodged the Island bullet in my attempt to breed Peridot for Chapter 6. Gemstone's very first dance (with Forest) is for 3 hours. Nevermind the fact that they will have to dance for an additional day in the den ANYWAY, thanks to the 27-hour egg (Elder Dragon?) that's ahead of them. And of course there's Rose Quartz (now crafting) that will also need the nest.
    Not stressing though. I'll at least get to the end of Chapter 7, which is my goal. I won't have enough salad to raise Tourmaline once I hatch it. Two new prize dragons -- I'll be thrilled.
    Last edited by SoJam; 06-04-18 at 08:40 AM.

What does the Peridot egg look like?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SoJam View Post
    MOSTLY about strategy. But also about having resources you can utilize -- foresight (a wonderful thing when you can get it); multiple nests, dens & temples; boosts and/gold to speed.
    The only foresight I have is advance information provided on the story chapters. I can maybe hedge a bit on breeding outcomes, but that goes only so far, especially when so many separate actions need to be somewhat synchronized. As for multiple buildings, no such for me. One den; one nest; one temple, so there WILL be speedbumps and hiccups no matter how much I strategize. Very little gold here, and only as many boosts as 4 weeks of Bingo could provide, minus the few that I wasted or used.
    I think next month I may try the strategy of delaying the start of my Tales until after having breed the new common for Chapter 6. But if I have to first breed, hatch and evolve the PARENT of the new common as was the case this month, you see I still have quite a dilemma.
    I agree with what you are saying to an extent. I still remember my first Dragon Tales and not getting the final dragon because I did not have enough food to complete some acts.

With one nest and one temple, part of the strategy may be leaving the nest/temple empty in preparation. The Tales follow a specific pattern so you know on day 2 you will be crafting and hatching a dragon, as well as day 7. So, plan ahead - it's always a 6-7 hour dragon so your nest should ideally be free 7 hours after you start crafting. You can raise the dragon early, so plan your temple to be free 14 hours after you start crafting - this is easier to do than having your nest free.

Then spend all day questing to gather parts. Have your spell shop ready to craft when needed. The first craft is always the last act of the chapter and the first act of the next day is to finish crafting so even if I finish all the other acts in the morning, I don't start crafting until the end of the day. If my Tales were running as scheduled, a marble is done in about 2 hours and the spell shop will remain empty until this evening when I would craft - that's not happening because of the breeding situation, but that was the original plan.

I always try to hatch and raise as high as I can that first dragon - Rose Quartz is a 9 right now and when the one temple is free, it will be raised to 10. Meanwhile she's off questing. I'm usually done all the questing I need to do by about day 7.

Previously, we did not have the monthly dragons so that does effect nest availability as I can understand someone being reluctant to leave something on the breeding den specifically to leave the nest open.

Some things you need to plan/let go of:

Plan to leave the nest and temple empty for short periods of time (hour or two if that's how the chips fall in order to hatch/raise dragons). I have an excel spreadsheet that has dragon type, dragon name, level, evolve time, type(s) and habitat. When I am planning my evolving, I look at where I am and pick a dragon accordingly.

Let go of trying to craft 24/7 in the spell shop - I know you need a LOT of marble keys to unlock islands but such is life

Let go of some of the quests - I would love to quest for essence right now but I need to get the parts to craft

Plan 400K in food (we only need 285K this time around but if you overplan you are good). I do this my evolving lower level dragons, as well as planting the most fruitful crops I can. (see above re: evolving dragons).

Know what's happening the next day so you can plan for it - I have accidentally completed breeding dragons to start new ones for bingo only to realize I need that for the next act and had to wait 10 hours again....

Let go of getting as high as you want in Bingo, that may not happen during Tales if you need to do something else (like no cards to match with the breeding pair you need for the common dragon).

It gets easier as you level up and have more coins to farm more food. I generally have about 40million in coins so I farm diamondates overnight since they yield more crops. When I was still struggling with coin a bit, I would mix and match - maybe could afford two crops of diamondates and the rest would be eliteleeks or I need an hour and I would mix rushrooms with apples.

My biggest challenge has always been the common dragon and I would generally start two days in advance and usually end up with the correct dragon sometime that day, though sometimes it was the next day and that was frustrating. We also should not have a tournament at the end of the Tales since we have one now - that was a challenge when completing the battling acts. So, in some ways (food and battles), the last few Tales have been easier. I have bought two common dragons and have ended up a day or two behind trying to get the dragon before - that's why I start a few days in advance now.

It will get easier. I did get a bonus from work and among other things, allowed myself the money to buy a second nest and second evolving temple. I also saved up and got the Gold Horizon as my first dragon from the ticket temple. Though, it has been a LONG time since I used gold in Tales and I have never used a boost.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    So, of course last night I bred Hook to Diamond for a bingo card and got a 44 hour breeding time! I was thinking of using a boost, but I can catch up tomorrow night as I have my dragon levelled up and can just wait to breed to mist, start quest, start crafting, finish crafting, and collecting gemstones from breeding may bring me to Wed morning but then I just roll right into day 5.

Mostreal is right - careful preparation and strategy are compulsory to get thru Tale Events. I do both. What I find so frustrating, and why I’ve all but given up on Tales is the huge luck factor. No amount of strategy or prep helps if you can’t breed the common dragon. No amount of strategy or prep helps if the Tales dragon can’t win the required battles. No amount of prep or strategy helps if attempts to breed the “common” dragon result in 20+ hour failures which then take same amount of time to hatch. Of course u can always resort to using gold to get thru but I I am no longer prepared to do this - I would rather save my gold and spend it on buying dragons (during a sale) that can actually win battles. My main frustration however is the amount of food needed to get thru these events. In my view the food is much better used feeding dragons of MY choice. I have progressed to Ch 3 this time and will be happy with First Dragon and 2500 food as a result. My time and energy can then be put to better use raising my fighting troupe and preparing for leaderboard events.
    Good luck to all participants.

Banned
    OMG not a mod AGAIN that answers this, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I'VE BEEN POSTING AND SAYING THIS FOREVER BUT no mods ever check or reply. Many players email me and ask... the events are all doable but YOU HAVE TO PLAN AND PREPARE...
    any specific questions please ask me
    I finished EVERY TALE since they were started on Dragon And Fantasy Forest story. ONLY 1 I didn't get was Hansel from the very 1st FFS tale, got him last month by purchasing a combo.
    Got all the world events MINIMUM by planning and gold
    The Leaderboard or Those you MUST USE GOLD TO WIN.... I always get those and I use gold to place from 1st to 6th place. depends on animal offered. SOOOOO DONE WITH NEO- insert old dragon name afterward dragons.... come on get creative.
    STOP WITH 2 animal habitats...
    I NEED MORE SPACE ON DRAGON STORY NOW.... gonna have to purchase a $13.99 worth of gold and use to craft 60 or so keys quickly cuz S8 is greedy and won't cut back on key crafting

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntAlyx View Post
    [PERIDOT (gemstone, green) 3h] can be Bred w/ (yellow & green) & it is OK via Splitting... No mention of using GEMSTONE. To avoid some Fails I found that (FAIRYTALE & [yellow or green]) fits that description. Is this incorrect?
    you can use a gemstone if u have one, if not breed it
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-05-18 at 10:42 AM. Reason: edited quote

Banned
    Can someone please remind me what the dragon is that we can use our Gem Coin for after we complete the Tales? I can't check in my spell shop right now as it is making a marble key for 24 hours. If I don't like that dragon, then I'm not sure it's worth finishing the Tales as I am also not that crazy about the Fire Garnet dragon. Is there a big picture of it somewhere? Like what it looks like grown up? I certainly try to obtain all Tales dragons, but this just takes *so much* food. We will probably have a LB after this, and then I would have no food to use for the LB, plus I would like to be able to level up dragons of *my* choosing, as someone else said. I like to keep some as babies cuz they are cutest that way, and others don't look that impressive until you get them to adult or Epic level. Plus I constantly have Bingo tasks to raise my Champion dragons to level 12, which I can't do if I have exhausted all my food on a Tales event. The struggle is real in this game!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast