Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello! i new to the game

Executive Chef

Hello! i new to the game

I just download Dragon Story, any tips? Like on how you as a person play. Please leave this up so people can post, i would like to know what they think (and if i should play or not) Thank you!

I would like to know all this below!:

Is it a fun game to you?

How long have you play?

Is it hard to breed special dragon? Or is it easy?

Would you recommend anything for me to do?

Are the people appropriate there, or is there a fair share with inappropriate people? (like all games they have)

Is it hard to earn gems/gold?

Is there weekly goals like BS/RS?

If you do send invite.
    I go under ID: ToSnake (will not play under kappy333) Thank you!
    Last edited by kappy333; 05-30-18 at 11:39 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Hi & welcome to DS and the forum I'll do my best to answer your questions, however, keep in mind that a lot of what you'd like to know is only the opinions of those who answer you.

Is it fun? I depends on your style of play and/or temperament in general. I'm an obsessive player so tend to be disappointed a lot. I've personally played the game for 6 years total; started on a Kindle then on an iPhone. It is hard to breed special dragons for the most part. The classifications (in order) are Common, Rare, Super Rare and Ultra Rare. I would recommend that you (a) avoid keeping duplicates of dragons and (b) keep some kind of list of what you do hatch. The people here on the boards are lovely in my experience I don't use my wall so don't know about messaging that way. As for weekly goals - there is ALWAYS at least one event happening and often two at once. To some players this can be overwhelming.

Hope that helps
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Nightclub Owner
    I also agree that whether or not you'll enjoy the game or if it is a good game for you personally depends on what you're looking for in a game and how you choose to play the game.

Is it a fun game to you? I am a collector through and through. The reason I play is to collect dragons. My overall goal is to have one of each dragon eventually and since there are currently 1156 dragons (more added weekly) this is an ongoing personal goal that keeps me entertained in my downtime

How long have you play? Six years. Of course, there have been a few times over the years where I've grown frustrated or bored and quit playing for a few months but I always come back in the end.

Is it hard to breed special dragon? Or is it easy? This isn't an easy question to answer really. While dragons are grouped together by how hard they are to breed, from Common to Ultra Rare, that's not necessarily the end of it. What it really comes down to is that it's pretty random. There are times when I get an Ultra Rare dragon on the first try and other times when I cannot breed a Common even after a week of trying. Patience is key to most things in DS, but in breeding it is especially needed.

Would you recommend anything for me to do? As a newbie I would recommend looking through the Game Guide, perhaps starting with this thread that gives the basic overview of the game: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ory-Game-Guide As you progress and more features open to you there are specific threads in the Game Guide on each new feature. And of course, if you have specific questions you can always post for answers.

Are the people appropriate there, or is there a fair share with inappropriate people? (like all games they have) There are both, naturally but over the years I've found 99% of posters in the forum to be not only helpful but kind also.

Is it hard to earn gems/gold? Again, this varies. Some players are offered videos to watch to earn gold, just like with all other S8 games it's random who has the videos and what rewards are received. Also, as you start out there are goals that offer small amounts of gold as prizes if memory serves. Once you've played long enough and are sure you want to invest in your future gaming, there are dragons available for purchase only that drop gold daily. We refer to them as GPDs (Gold Producing Dragons) and they cost thousands of gold if not bought on sale so most save up their gold and wait for the big sales like Black Friday and buy them for less.

Is there weekly goals like BS/RS? When you first start out, there will be goals in your goal book. These goals are mostly untimed and focus on specific dragons to breed or buildings to buy and work like all s8 game goals do. On top of that, there are limited time events that occur each week in DS. They focus mostly on collecting points from breeding, hatching, feeding or battling dragons and in turn by collecting the points needed you can win special limited time dragons. I don't want to discourage you, but realistically it will be a while before you can participate in these events (you must reach a certain level) and even longer before you can easily complete them. Many long time players struggle to reach the final goals in these events and must plan carefully and use every resource to complete the events without spending gold.

If you've played other S8 games, I'd say DS is almost exactly like FFS in most ways and a little like CS in regards to leveling up and events. There is little similarity between BS/RS and DS. While they're all in the same category in the app market, I like to think of BS and RS as the laid back, easy going games but CS/DS/FFS require much more time and effort. With all that in mind, I'd say give the game a few weeks as a trial period and see what you like and don't like about it. After a few weeks of daily playing you should have a pretty good idea as to whether or not DS is the game for you.

Welcome to DS, hope you find some of my thoughts helpful.

Rhino Keeper
    Is it a fun game to you?
    no, it has become an obsession, i put timers to remember when harvest, when breed , when battle in arena , when is the appropriate time to level up dragons and spend gold, and do not forget check the forum to get all requirements for tales and the dragons list for arena.

How long have you play?
    since 2016

Hard , obviously , easy things are not appreciated enough

Yeah, play it >

Are the people appropriate there, or is there a fair share with inappropriate people? (like all games they have)

"like all games they have " < this
    But this game is a one player adventure, you can limit your exposure to the world by not writing things in people's wall and don't writing inflammatory post in the forum.

nah, you only need a job to gain money and spend it on buying gold.

BS => bakery story RS => restaurant story
    Yes, the events are more lenient in the star/end dates and duration, only Tales events have a tight time table.

amerirish say: To some players this can be overwhelming.
    After lvl 80 you have enough events at the same time to lost your way.
    Tales Events are overhelming, do not participate in tales, is a nightmare trying to win Bingo, Arena, Breeding Objetive and Tales at same time .
    Only remember this "You do not need to win all events" and you will be fine.

Nightclub Owner
    Just thought of another suggestion, darn near a requirement:

For Tales events, I believe it's utterly impossible to complete the entire event without coming to these forums to find out what steps will be required in each chapter. The good news is that some tasks can be completed in advance but it's always, always, always important to come here to see what's coming up. You can then ask for advice on which things you can do before hand
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Farm Supplier
    DS is addictive, I have come back twice after becoming frustrated. Almost everyone I have met through DS is very nice and helpful. Asking questions is they only way to survive. The play once you reach a certain level can be very hectic, only remember you do NOT have to participate in every competition, every week try them and read the guides then decide which ones you want to compete in. The forum is a really important source of information a lot of player don't know to use . Play, have fun and welcome .

Executive Chef
    Thank you for reply! I will see if it for me if not I will not play.

I have play CS before (but i quit a year ago in my other account - NOT kappy333)
    It was fun. Just did not have the time for it.

I still have little time, but maybe if it not as stressful as BS/RS, I might play just as a fun game when I have time. But not everyday, if I do like this game.

However- I still do not understand how goals work but it will not make sense to me yet -I on low level still) but I sure it will soon!
    Last edited by kappy333; 06-02-18 at 02:26 PM.

Executive Chef
    Also yes i know, opinions change and i should not just decide on other people opinions on to play or not.

I could like it - I might not

But I will try to see no matter what! I will give update soon

Fashion Designer
    Hello and Welcome~

Is it a fun game to you?

- No, but my intention to play this game isn't for fun b/c I know what kind of game it is before even joining. Mainly here b/c a family member wanted a Gold buddy.

I prefer more of a rpg adventure action games. But I try to make this fun in my head by competing against my Gold buddy. This is more of a I'm just there kind of game for me. So no stress.

How long have you play?

- since 2016

- Mmm....depending on the dragons rarity. Like it took me forever to breed a Diamond, but then again I wasn't really trying b/c I play this game with the mindset of getting whatever dragon as a surprise. No intention of breeding a particular one. If I get a dragon I like then good, if not, then that's fine b/c some could still be useful for battles or BINGO or Tales. Plus you could always disenchant the ones you don't like to get the one you do.

- Like someone mention, read the game guide. That's how I started by reading the beginner guide, mining guide, and Expansion guide. Gives me an idea how the game is, what to be aware of and what I should and should not do. Pay attention to the forum b/c certain changes aren't necessarily good and it's best not to do it.

For instance:
    * there's a last piece of island you could expand to before your mine close up, so you DO NOT want to expand to the last island so that your mine stays open in order to get extra food.
    *some players also mentioned after purchasing from value packs, they no longer receive continuous supply of gold by watching ads (assuming this is IOS player)
    *I would start breeding Diamond as soon as you have close to enough coins for the habitat, b/c the longer you wait, the harder it is as dragons unlock as you go up your level (preferably before reaching level 30)

Are the people appropriate there, or is there a fair share with inappropriate people?

- I would say this type of game isn't like those hard core games that requires huge team work or player vs player (**** to the death scenario), so there is very low aggression/hostility. I mean the worst I've seen so far was a childish remark from a player who lost the leaderboard event. But even the remark itself was so childish (no profanity or anything), that it was laughable that the receiver and the public over reacting on it. XD

Yes, extremely hard to earn gold since they've been cutting out gold earning opportunities. So gotta save a long time to buy Gold Producing Dragon on sale.

Yes, I only did the ones that offer golds b/c some goals aren't timed, so while you play, you'll eventually reach the goal without you realizing it. And sometimes the reward output just isn't worth it.

(I wish someone would've mention these when I started, but o'well...I didn't do bad, thanks to the guides and forum)

Anyways, Good Luck and don't stress about not getting certain dragons b/c they tend to come back. Just play freely.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post

*some players also mentioned after purchasing from value packs, they no longer receive continuous supply of gold by watching ads (assuming this is IOS player)
    �� i dont buy the pack, neither i have ads to receive gold . i fell like there is a level cap (by example "until level 30 you can get gold from watching ads" ).

I forget about something: you can get gold by installing other storm8 games and playing until certain level, but if you get the gems/gold in that other games, you can not get it here. I hoard that gold pieces and buy a second nest .

In sale a Gold producing dragons cost 1000 so you must save for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast