Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tribal Dragon Battle Arena 24 Round 3 Day

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    KevinW07, try Forest against Strength again or Harmony Knight or Quetzal or Iron Age if you have them. Out of those choices I'd try Iron Age (metal/green) first.
    Thanks! Based on your recommendation, I raised my Fire, Forest, Air, Water, Magic, and Neo Glasswing dragons to level 15 towards the end of the last Leaderboard tournament (whilst teaching two last hour dirtbag sneak attackers a lesson as they ignored my invitations for a group-wide tie, hurting everyone else in the group)!! :-)

So, you'll notice in my results, I'm now using them in colour matching battles. I'm also incorporating them into my battles against the difficult champions in combination with my heal and repeat method with my go-to Diamond/Champion type dragons.

It appears to be working as I've just taken down Strength on my 5th attempt using my healed Passion! :-)

Nightclub Owner
    @KevinW07 This is a very interesting theory you've laid out regarding the tourneys. It makes sense from my standpoint as I'm often affected by one dragon that will not go down and have had to fight the same round as many as 37 times before being able to beat it.

I've honestly just always thought that battles were totally random because of the many times when I can't beat an opponent using a dragon that has worked for 95% of other players in the same round of the same tourney. Your post definitely shines a new light on tourneys. It helps just knowing I'm not the only player out there getting such results regardless of the fact that I use dragons that work to defeat opponents on paper but never in my game.

Thanks for the post and for offering up your new strategy to work within the new set up. I'll have to give it a try the next time I come up against an unbeatable in a tourney and see how it works for me.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 05-30-18 at 03:12 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Yes, I truly believe so. I've seen it discussed in this forum and another one that I sometimes refer to. Certainly, my result statistics support these belief.

For me, tournaments became significantly more difficult since March 2017 (suspiciously just after the last 18 round flash tournament that DS has run). I had in my stable leveled up several Champions, Diamond Hybrids, Passion, and a few others that I deemed would be great in the arena to level 15. So prior to March 2017, I had generally been cruising with tournament losses in the low single digits primarily using Champions and Diamonds.

After March 2017, I suspect the tournament algos were tweaked to make them more difficult as the majority of the tournaments I participated in registered significant double digit losses including tournaments such as Jungle (17-Apr-17) with 30/26, Quicksand (27-Apr-17) with 40/18, and Wardrum (25-Jun-17) with a 36/19 record. After that, I stopped playing tournaments for 7 months and on my first tournament back playing for Congo, I registered a win/loss record of 42/37 on 19-Jan-18!!! In the 22 tournaments I participated in since March 2017, I've only managed to register single digit losses in 3 tournaments. Not much fun at all when one is playing for relaxation.

I've been working to make my stable more powerful including leveling up Fire, Forest, Air, Water, Magic, and Neo Glasswing to level 15 last week and have changed my battle tactics through using my Champion and Diamond types less and using more colour matching. So, we'll see what happens.

However, this is all fairly useless when the "1 rigged dragon" per every 2 or 3 tournaments that gets thrown up at certain players where the odds of winning against that dragon is significantly dropped which is when I employ the heal and repeat technique with other selected dragons thrown in between when my go to dragons are healing. This is evidenced by the regular posts of many who complain about the 10+ losses against a specific dragon (usually a high-level Champ, but can be any high-level dragon) where no matter what dragon is used. I can tell when this is happening to me as the rigged dragon deals exactly the same damage to each dragon I put up against it until one of my go to dragons eventually takes it down.

In contrast, many who post their results in this forum don't seem to get the reqular 20+ losses per tournament that others lament to. Naturally, these rigging and algorithm tactics are designed to compel the affected player to spend gold to win out of frustration of suffering many mundane losses.
    That is an interesting theory, especially because most of the tournaments that I see everyone complain about, I seem to get through very easily. Even in this one, I am already on round 23 and I have had a couple losses there but other than that I don?t think I?ve had more than 5.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    That is an interesting theory, especially because most of the tournaments that I see everyone complain about, I seem to get through very easily. Even in this one, I am already on round 23 and I have had a couple losses there but other than that I don?t think I?ve had more than 5.
    I kind of agree, I tend to have an easier time with Champion opponents, but it’s the three colour type dragons that I struggle with. Last tournament, it was Poetry Dragon, I think. But I beat Strength with a Rainbow Sentinel 10 on only the second try.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    Great pick-up! I failed to pick up that trend. Will use "Magic" more now from my 5th attempt.
    Great to see that Magic worked for you! As crazy as this seems, I normally use Bash for the 1st half of the tourney and then I tend to go to Magic!

Host(ess)
    Having a bad time with strength. Neo glasswing, rainbow sentinel, air, forest, fire lost the Battle against it. Any suggestions?

Fashion Designer
    Ugh, I've been stuck on the second last dragon forever I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just use Ultimate since I'm so close now. 30 gold seems like a reasonable price to pay to get Tribal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    Ugh, I've been stuck on the second last dragon forever I guess if it comes down to it, I'll just use Ultimate since I'm so close now. 30 gold seems like a reasonable price to pay to get Tribal.
    Did you try a dragon with metal, like Mithril, Golden, etc? I got Honor on the first try with Mithril.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by love4kolkata View Post
    Having a bad time with strength. Neo glasswing, rainbow sentinel, air, forest, fire lost the Battle against it. Any suggestions?
    I got Strngth with Achilles, but in previous tournaments I used Rainbow Sentinel. Try mixing up the bash and magic, maybe? With a fighter like Achilles, I try first with Magic and if that doesn’t work, I lead with Bash.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Athabasca55 View Post
    Did you try a dragon with metal, like Mithril, Golden, etc? I got Honor on the first try with Mithril.
    Yeah, it's taken down Mithril at least 4 times I also tried Metal. Unfortunately, I don't have Golden, but I could try one of my other metal hybrids while I'm waiting for Mithril to heal! Thanks!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast