Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Background Noise, Anyone?

Fashion Designer

Creepy Background Noise, Anyone?

Android player here: not sure why just recently in the past maybe 3 days, there is a random advertisement noise whenever I play Dragon Story. Can?t see the Ad itself, but the noise continues while I play Dragon story, original game music/sound effect going on too, simultaneously.

Anyone have this problem?

Btw: while typing this message, using iPad mini, my text changes the “ ‘ “ to “ ? “ automatically when I post the message, pretty annoying...any fixes for that too?

Edit: looks like it’s changing my quotation marks too to question marks (had to edit the message)
    Last edited by DR0G0N; 05-24-18 at 05:29 PM.
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Nightclub Owner
    I've nothing to offer for the overlapping audio issues but I do have something to offer on the punctuation issue. I've seen lots of people having this issue when using their Apple devices for the forum. The culprit seems to be the Smart Punctuation feature that was added to iOS in an update. It's an easy fix, just open Settings>General>Keyboard and there is a toggle to turn Smart Punctuation off which should eliminate the issue. It worked on my iPhone so hopefully it'll work for you and if not, it's easy to enable the setting again.

I'm also getting random annoying audio ads in the background in DS, since the update (2.9.0.1g on Android). Happening to others in the household too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I've nothing to offer for the overlapping audio issues but I do have something to offer on the punctuation issue. I've seen lots of people having this issue when using their Apple devices for the forum. The culprit seems to be the Smart Punctuation feature that was added to iOS in an update. It's an easy fix, just open Settings>General>Keyboard and there is a toggle to turn Smart Punctuation off which should eliminate the issue. It worked on my iPhone so hopefully it'll work for you and if not, it's easy to enable the setting again.
    "Testing your suggestion"'". " ' "
    Last edited by MajicHearts; 05-25-18 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Testing editing...it worked!

The Honorable Panda
    I will report this over. I am on iOS and not hearing this.

**Moving thread to Bug forum**
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Apparently the "Smart" Punctuation isn't that smart. Thanks Cupcake, my " ' " says thank you and love you for saving it from turning into " ? ".

Also thanks Kooky, here's some cookies. *gives internet cookies*
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Apparently the "Smart" Punctuation isn't that smart. Thanks Cupcake, my " ' " says thank you and love you for saving it from turning into " ? ".

Also thanks Kooky, here's some cookies. *gives internet cookies*
    Glad it worked for you. There's nothing worse than taking the time to punctuate correctly only to have your phone go and change it all on you!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Can you please share more details about the audio? Can you share what the audio is saying in the background or if it mentions a specific product? This information will help us investigate this to track down the offending ad.

Hearing various different ads such as local hospitals & colleges among others in background while playing.

Plus game takes at least 4 minutes to load, I've actually timed it. This is new tablet and only play 2 S8 games and clear cache & ram at least once daily.

Banned
    Same deal, got i think car ads playing. Ever since the last update. This is why i dont spend money on this game anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast