Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/24: Ye Ol' Toy Shoppe | info in posts 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    While continuing to wait on Ivy, Bran and I search for the ever elusive Skunkupine.

Literally, 120 plots of tomatoes, and four 20 chop chests chopped and want to guess the total Skunkupine appeared count?

0 (that's a ZERO)

Days, ago I would have gone off on a rant on how S8 does change the spawn rate percentages despite their lack of insistent denial.

But I am apathetic at best To rant I have to care, and heh, it seems I don't as much any more.

I logged in to check on well, I don't honestly know why I logged in other than it used to be a habit for SO long.... getting the morning Ali's, swapping out the crops, setting up the production for the day.

Giddy about the free time I have back.

Thank you again for the Leader Board event!!!!

All Hail the MOothraki!!
    Chief Beef
    MOo!
    I planted and harvested 168 plots of tomatoes before I popped a single Skunkupine! (He appeared on plot 169)

Ha, beat that!
    Stop censoring\deleting my posts... I'll not make it easy for you.
    I will add my voice loudly to this community. #Censorship
    I will lurk, smirk and be smarter... #PokeTheBear
    MOothrakian Chief Beef<--- Click it... you know you want to...
    CattleProd#1-:📿[🕹🔴🛡]🐮[♦️####################€ᄃ✨⚡️✨

Rhino Keeper
    I kinda like this event. Not sure if we're getting anything useful in the end, but enjoying this nonetheless.

On a side note: I just finished the weekend warrior and normally you would get 40 energy after the 10 minutes are over. I noticed (last week and week before also) that the energy counter said 40 and about 10 seconds later 19. Or, after tapping 7 ponds, 15. I thought at first maybe it was because you're tapping like crazy during the 10 minutes, that the game was behind a little and you lost the energy due to unfinished tapping....But...I specifically took care to be finished tapping at the 00.00 minute mark (even tapped "edit") and I still lost the energy (40 -> 19).
    It would be nice if the 10 minutes were really 10 minutes and not less than 6, due to connectivity problems (not on my end!). Last week I was lucky, trying to get in the game for about 10 minutes, but fortunately there were 7 minutes left on the clock when I finally got in. I had the "Castle story is an online game"-message about 5 times then. Tonight I got it 3 times and less than 6 minutes were left.
    Kingdom #2 just crashed with 5 minutes left (with the swipe and collect method). That one never crashes...And 40 energy going down to 27 almost immediately while finished tapping. Second round: 40 -> 26. Definitely finished tapping before 0 seconds. Weird.
    Even with all the problems, the weekend warrior is extremely helpful. Looks like I'm going to make it, but will have to wait for Ivy (8 more collections to go).

Edit: I'm not sure the quick collect method saves a lot of time during the weekend warrior. I'm gettting a brown screen for at least 8-10 seconds and after that I still have to wait for all the items to be collected.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Nightclub Owner
    @Andro45

I've found that when doing quick collect during WW, I have to make sure to collect after every 40-60 taps. If I wait longer than that to quick collect it freezes up for nearly a full minute. Others have noted the same thing but it seems as though each device is different as to how many taps is ideal for the quick collect to work to our advantage. I can't recall the numbers but this was definitely discussed in the WW thread as was the issue of the 40 energy given after WW. On my device, if I use any of the 40 energy from the bar, it is then subtracted from my total energy once it's restored but for others the 40 energy seems to act as a bonus.

Quick collect'

What is 'quick collect'?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    @Andro45

I've found that when doing quick collect during WW, I have to make sure to collect after every 40-60 taps. If I wait longer than that to quick collect it freezes up for nearly a full minute. Others have noted the same thing but it seems as though each device is different as to how many taps is ideal for the quick collect to work to our advantage. I can't recall the numbers but this was definitely discussed in the WW thread as was the issue of the 40 energy given after WW. On my device, if I use any of the 40 energy from the bar, it is then subtracted from my total energy once it's restored but for others the 40 energy seems to act as a bonus.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-01-18 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Nightclub Owner
    Quick collect is a way of collecting a bunch of items at once rather than the standard tap item A, collect drops, tap item B, collect drops and so on.

To quote the HUB help/information post which is very helpful: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...or-new-players

7. Can I collect items quickly / automatically?
    Yes, there are a couple of ways to collect automatically: Click all items to be collected, then
    i) click on the "Menu/Social" then close the "Social" page. Items are placed in your inventory right away! Or
    ii) Pull down the notification bar then push up your notification bar it will also automatically collect everything you had clicked. (iOS) or
    iii) Double click the home screen and then go back into your game via the thumbnail (iOS)

Host(ess)
    For WW I had about 9 free Ocean Reefs in storage so I got them all out & chopped them, plus some anenomes. I bought about 5 Cursed Reefs, made sure i didn't have a monster parked, and fought Marmoseas. Now got nearly all my venom for the next upgrade to lvl 6. To keep it on topic, I too have done everything else for event & now waiting for 4 more collections from Ivy, but I chopped a couple of toy boxes to get rid of them.
    Last edited by skruffi23; 06-01-18 at 08:27 PM. Reason: The post I was replying to didn't appear so edited to make sense

Executive Chef
    I don't think this has been mentioned before.. but once you've upgraded the Toy Shoppe to 6th:

X-Eyed plush dollies don't drop anymore.
    Crafts disappear from crafting positions.
    Event related offers are still available in the Market.
    Toy Thief (sales item) still drops Plushies amongst wool. (more wool than plushies though lol!)
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 06-01-18 at 10:31 PM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    I planted and harvested 168 plots of tomatoes before I popped a single Skunkupine! (He appeared on plot 169)

Ha, beat that!
    Can't beat that.. lol! My method came only from Rock chopping and mostly Chest chopping. They all came in. Plots were not working for me either, nor other usual places.
    I see that animals to be spawned during event come from places to do with the events. Not the usual places as outside events.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Thank you! This was so helpful.

Rhino Keeper
    Dont know if it has been updated but the lower requirements, for me anyway (level 34), was six of each and no plush skunkupines to upgrade the toy shop to last level.

As for WW - I am only level 34, and have loads of expansions to do and also a list of goals some that takes forever... since I was already finished with the event I used the free energy to fill up on everything you get from trees and rocks (wood and stone fills up fast, but not sap and coal feks).. so was great for me even though I didn?t need any materials for the event.

😊