Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Pea Tournament (flower, purple, blue), 30 Rounds, 5 Days, May 18, 2018

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I concur. I was really, really surprised when my level 6 Old Klaws took down Immortal when the supposed "strong" dragons couldn't.
    Are you sure it was immortal? I didn't get any immortal till now. I am in level 29 trying to beat dread captain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by love4kolkata View Post
    Are you sure it was immortal? I didn't get any immortal till now. I am in level 29 trying to beat dread captain.
    My bad, Inquisitor.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sipland View Post
    Thought I'd give it a try also, and it worked for me too! Thanks!
    That makes me feel better about tournament battles, maybe the randomness is not so strong after all

Host(ess)
    My results so far:

1. Night Bloom 1 < Landworm 11
    2. Rustling 2 < Razorback 6
    3. Deadwood 2 < Ancient Star 8
    4. Pisces 3 < Neo Meteor 11
    5. Transformation 4 < Crocus 5
    6. Rainbow 4 < Fairytale 7
    7. Seasonal 5 < clown 10
    8. Hypnosis 6 < Crocus 5
    9. Neo Purple 7 < Landworm 11
    10. Thai 8 < Ancient Star 8
    11. Gale Spirit 9 < Godmother 8
    12. Archon 10 < Fates 8
    13. Brightsteel 11 < Godmother 8
    14. Sour Candy 13 < Foxglove 13
    15. Moonrise 14 < Neo Glasswing 10
    16. Sweet Tooth 17 < Neo Glasswing 10
    17. Blacksmith 15 < Clown 10
    18. Solar 15 < Ancient Star 8
    19. Darksteel 16 < Ancient Star 8
    20. Inquisitor 19 < Angelfire 9 [Neo glasswing 10, Neo Diamond 9]
    21. L. Rainbow 14 < Rainbow Sentinel 9
    22. Mech 15 < Clockwork 8
    23. Unruly 20 < Angelfire 9
    24. Aquarius 18 < Neo Meteor 11
    25. Limerick 18 < Angelfire 9
    26. Amazon 19 < Neo Glasswing 10 [Lost angelfire 9]
    27. Poetry 19 < Neo Glasswing 10
    28. Porcelain 20 < Neo Glasswing 10 [Lost foxglove 13]
    29. Dread Captain 20 < Neo Glasswing 10
    30. Sweet Pea 20 <Neo Glasswing 10

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I concur. I was really, really surprised when my level 6 Old Klaws took down Inquisitor when the supposed "strong" dragons couldn't.
    I'm stuck on Inquisitor, if my Diamond at 15 doesn't do the job on this 3rd attempt (with that dragon, tried Achilles twice and Neo Air once, so far), then I'm trying my Old Klaws!

I am surprised that I lost to porcelain about 8 times, until Glimmer 8 (rainbow, diamond) took it down. Beat Dread Captain with Shaman(Mb)and Adventure took care of Sweet Pea(Mb)
    I'm really glad to get this tournament over with, and hope that we can get a much needed BREAK from events, especially tournaments since we had 2 back to back...
    Good luck to those that are still battling...

Inquisitor is unbeatable,still lose until now (try with Dark Omen,smitten,bronze,cleric,unruly,diamond,meteor,f ire,bramble,forest,angel,air,neo glass,rainbow,neo bat,pink,metal,magic,mitril)

Quote Originally Posted by t99a77n View Post
    Inquisitor is unbeatable,still lose until now (try with Dark Omen,smitten,bronze,cleric,unruly,diamond,meteor,f ire,bramble,forest,angel,air,neo glass,rainbow,neo bat,pink,metal,magic,mitril)
    I was able to beat it with Forgefather (metal, black and red--mbB) it's worth a try if you have it. Good luck and hope you get pass it soon...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by t99a77n View Post
    I never want to see Inquisitor again. I battled him for a day and a half barely missing an hour! I was at the point of closing Ipad and giving game away altogether. After all we’ve spent so much food and so much time to raise our champions ( and often quite a bit of gold) to see them beaten time and time again breaks my resilinence. I finally beat him with my 13th Diamond 15 attempt. It’s taken me a long time to heal all those defeated. I’m now stuck on Unruly but I’ve promised myself a limit of 4 attempts. Even with just 4 I’ll be hard pressed to finish tournament.
    I’ve already resolved no more Events - they are so reliant on luck that it’s almost impossible to finish without gold; leaderboards are very ho hum these days and after initial planning also dependent on the luck of the breeding den. Bingo - take it or leave it. So, S8 please don’t rig the algorithm such that we have to battle same dragon over 24 times.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I never want to see Inquisitor again. I battled him for a day and a half barely missing an hour! I was at the point of closing Ipad and giving game away altogether. After all we’ve spent so much food and so much time to raise our champions ( and often quite a bit of gold) to see them beaten time and time again breaks my resilinence. I finally beat him with my 13th Diamond 15 attempt. It’s taken me a long time to heal all those defeated. I’m now stuck on Unruly but I’ve promised myself a limit of 4 attempts. Even with just 4 I’ll be hard pressed to finish tournament.
    I’ve already resolved no more Events - they are so reliant on luck that it’s almost impossible to finish without gold; leaderboards are very ho hum these days and after initial planning also dependent on the luck of the breeding den. Bingo - take it or leave it. So, S8 please don’t rig the algorithm such that we have to battle same dragon over 24 times.
    I feel for you. Contrary to some of the postings in this forum, I definitely feel that tournaments have become more difficult since March 2017 (which suspiciously was in my records just after the last 18 round flash tournament that DS has run). Prior to that, with my complement of strategically selected level 15 dragons, I had been generally cruising with tournament losses in the low single digits (except for the crazy introduction of the 48 round Dark Prime Chrono tournament where on 14-Oct-16, I clocked up a win/loss record of 48/28 (including 24 consecutive losses to Glasswing L20 which I only won by accidentally touching "Ultimate")!

After March 2017, I suspect the tournament algos were tweaked to make them more difficult as the majority of the tournaments I participated in registered significant double digit losses including tournaments such as Jungle (17-Apr-17) with 30/26, Quicksand (27-Apr-17) with 40/18, and Wardrum (25-Jun-17) with a 36/19 record. After that, I stopped playing tournaments for 6.5 months and on my first tournament back playing for Congo, I registered a win/loss record of 42/37 on 19-Jan-18!!! Not much fun at all. The tournaments have become like working in a boring job that one has to do to achieve other goals in the game (such as collecting items to craft the monthly ultra dragons with).

I'll be posting my results shortly to help others. I wish you the very best of luck to get to finish line! :-)
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-23-18 at 07:48 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast