Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: LEADERBOARD - Roses are Red 18 May

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I understand all of the Android players feeling vindicated that the playing field is equal now that iOS players can't use Arctic Isles for points but don't you think it would've been a much better solution if instead of eliminating those points they made it count for you too? I just don't understand all the happy posts about this issue. I think it's stupid since they still have the same amount of points required for the final milestone (which is all I care about since the gold demons always pull tens of thousands of points)
    It's the same points and these are the points Android has had to struggle with all along without having arctic isles and those apples. And Android has had iOS players taking advantage and leading in android groups far too long. Yes, less points would be terrific but S8 seems to enjoy our suffering so i doubt we see them reduced.

As to adding arctic to android system, thats more work i would think than just removing points from the iOS side...if the work is for stuff that doesnt annoy the players, i don't think it's work S8 wants to put into their game.

Banned
    Thank you Storm8 again!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180518-171348.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	44413
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-19-18 at 09:37 AM. Reason: enlarged photo

New Resident
    Maybe someone can enlighten my ignorance... how is it possible for the top player to have over 19k points so far? Are they just throwing $$$ around or is there some strategy I'm missing?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I understand all of the Android players feeling vindicated that the playing field is equal now that iOS players can't use Arctic Isles for points but don't you think it would've been a much better solution if instead of eliminating those points they made it count for you too? I just don't understand all the happy posts about this issue. I think it's stupid since they still have the same amount of points required for the final milestone (which is all I care about since the gold demons always pull tens of thousands of points)
    That's a very good point but you have to keep in mind this is s8 we're dealing with here. I (used to) love their games but unfortunately they do have a tendency to use lateral thinking in all things, especially when it benefits their coffers. It has been years now and that they still haven't given those Arctic Isles to Android is more than a little ridiculous.

It is a shame that many people won't be making the final dragon now due to these points no longer being available. I'm sitting out for a while so I've not looked at the info but I'm guessing they didn't offer some new alternative for points to be made in the place of AI which means that everyone who had previously depended on them is now going to have to resort to spending gold to finish...shocking. If I do decide to play again, this won't affect me because I finished the AI dragons long ago and never even thought to return to the section. It's still upsetting to see that s8 has once again pulled the rug out from beneath many players with no forewarning.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraC View Post
    Maybe someone can enlighten my ignorance... how is it possible for the top player to have over 19k points so far? Are they just throwing $$$ around or is there some strategy I'm missing?
    I obviously can't speak for other players but I have seen posts indicating that people save all their food for LBs and can make tons of points by feeding, extra if the boost is used. However 19k does seem a bit much for this soon in the event so likely they used all extras available (bingo boosts, LB point booster, gold and food) in order to reach that number. I'll never understand the drive behind it, but I do have to admit that it is impressive to see that many points appear so soon in the event. That's a level of dedication I will never reach, even after so many years of playing...or maybe it's because of all the years, *shrugs*.

Executive Chef
    So, first they make the LB harder and harder by making the milestones by higher points, and now they take away the AI.

4 nests
    2 breeding dens (which coast 100 gold)
    2 evolution temples
    8 items 24 hours 6,5 days 3 points = 3.744 points.

I don't see how anyone can get to 7.200 points.

Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by Anaboe; 05-19-18 at 04:10 PM.

Banned
    While S8 is making it harder for iOS players who had arctic, it's been like this with the ridiculous points needed for Android all these many months n we have missed out on the last dragons for most LBs. S8 definitely uncaring. But if a player skips some games n accumulates apples, u can get to 7200. But it's alot of apples. With 2x boost 100,000 feeding gives 400 points n i usually am 2000 or so points short so i need 500,000 apples...msybe 400,000 to get to the last milestone n thats if i use egg boost too. Sigh definitely not a nice way to play.

So then I play bingo n hope i get 2 10x apple boosts to replace a fee apples using all upgrapes n getting kicked out b4 the hour is done...losing a fee thousand b4 getting back in the game. S8 cant fix that but we can go global!!!

They have things all out of sorts in what they're doing. Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Arctic Isles don't generate points anymore. That's great for Android players and equality (which I am all for), but it does suck for Apple players who just want to earn the milestones and have been able to in the past with Arctic points. The Arctic should have never been in play to begin with and S8 waited far too long to correct the problem.

I'm not going to bother paying attention to LB events any more if I can no longer reach any of the dragon milestones. What's the point?
    I am angry!! I can understand the frustration from Android users, but for the rest of us Artic Isles now was JUST A WASTE OF TIME and MONEY!! I will not spend ANY MORE GOLD ON LEADERBOARD EVENTS! I get what I get!!

Quote Originally Posted by EzraC View Post
    No special strategy, just deep, deep pockets and an overwhelming desire for the trophy and the bragging rights, cause no one would be dumb enough to spend this much money to win prizes that would have cost just a fraction to outrightly buy

Banned
    I did the math on 500 Gold for the grand prize and it's normally $19.98 USD without a gold sale buying 2 of the 250 packs. For 1000 essence people could just breed 10 Crusaders, Ridgebacks, Infinities and Quetzals. I just shake my head on people spending triple or sextuple the price to win global awards but to each their own and I wish them good luck. I, personally, look for good fighters in tourneys, not weak dragons with an ultra rare slapped on them. Neo Iris is nice looking and all but I'm not putting any effort into winning that. I actually hope I finish below 15th place so I could stay out of gold spending groups and, plus, I have all the milestone dragons already with the exception of the 7200 point dragon which I'm not really interested in either. But good luck to the rest of you.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    I did the math on 500 Gold for the grand prize and it's normally $19.98 USD without a gold sale buying 2 of the 250 packs. For 1000 essence people could just breed 10 Crusaders, Ridgebacks, Infinities and Quetzals. I just shake my head on people spending triple or sextuple the price to win global awards but to each their own and I wish them good luck. I, personally, look for good fighters in tourneys, not weak dragons with an ultra rare slapped on them. Neo Iris is nice looking and all but I'm not putting any effort into winning that. I actually hope I finish below 15th place so I could stay out of gold spending groups and, plus, I have all the milestone dragons already with the exception of the 7200 point dragon which I'm not really interested in either. But good luck to the rest of you.
    I'm currently having a dilemma about this myself. I started late and therefore am going to be forced to use boosts if I want to get the last milestone dragon. As a collector, I strive to get every dragon available by spending as little gold as possible. I never outright purchase a dragon for more than 200 gold (GPDs excluded) so it seems absurd to me to even think of spending more gold than that to 'win' the final dragon. It used to be that we could finish any event without using gold but the numbers needed to finish events just keeps rising. Over the last year it's become clear that s8 want us to spend gold to finish and are constantly putting up roadblocks so that we feel forced to do so. I can no longer just happily plod along in any event, I have to sit down and work out the maths to figure out how much gold I'll have to spend to finish and whether or not I feel the 'prize' is worth the gold.

As for the new system, it feels like I'm having to weigh the pros and cons of my playing without having all the relevant information regarding the new set up. Have they given us any sort of confirmation on what they mean when they say we're now 'matched into groups of players with similar play styles'? Does this mean I'll be placed with people who get the last dragon and stop like I do? Or does it mean that if I use a boost to reach the end this time, next time I'll be grouped with boosters? It's very vague and I'm now worried about how my actions now will affect my playing later.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast