Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: LEADERBOARD - Roses are Red 18 May

Banned
    Hmmm, well I'm excited about the leaderboard. I just go into them now assuming that I will not be able to win the top dragon, but I always get and appreciate the milestones along the way. I'm kind of big on roses right now, so this is perfect timing for me.

Arctic Isles... sorry to those who have it. But I'm thankful for a more level playing field. Being android has felt like someones unloved child. So thank you S8 for doing this.

I rarely am able to get the last dragon on LB. I wonder how this will all play out.

EQUALITY FOR ANDROID PLAYERS
    thanks.

Executive Chef
    This whole “global” thing does nothing more than distinguish the “haves” from the “have nots”. With gold producers never on sale any longer, the gap is more painfully obvious for newer players or players who for whatever reason missed out in the past.

I will continue to do my thing, breeding for bingo, planting food and mining. The days of spending gold for this event on boosts is over for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeChefDad View Post
    I'll be the first to say that this Global stuff is a greedy ugly way to make more money and I wont be joining in the fray for that at all. Its a great marketing move and will make S8 money but it is everything wrong with the game.
    ===================================
    I think players will be interested to know more where they stand globally. Sure, some may spend actual money to globally rank #1 but theres nothing other than the rank. It doesn't change who actually wins the 1st place dragon.

Host(ess)
    OMG! This leaderboard is savage! The global one is ****ing it! Good luck everyone!

Banned
    Good, I'm glad Arctic Isles don't count towards points anymore. I saw too many people initially log into the LB on Android and then switching to iOS to take advantage of that loophole and staying in the Android group. That's *****ing and I'm glad Storm8 fixed that. Kudos!

Fashion Designer
    I still haven't unlocked Arctic Isles so this has no effect on me, but I'm glad it's fair for everyone else now.

I wish I'd know Arctic Isles no longer counted! I've spent so much time and energy getting ready for this leaderboard, making food in the Arctic (and collecting from habitats on my island to pay for it,) etc. I'm furious! I didn't realize Android players didn't have it, but S8 could've just not put Android & Apple in the same groupings. But whatever. They should've told us about it at the end of the last leaderboard--not after all this time players were prepping.
    Otherwise, I have no reason to visit my Arctic Isles ever again...(?)
    Ugh, just makes me sick that I could've spent my time on different tasks. Now I won't be making the milestones, either.

Rhino Keeper
    Being an iOS *and* an Android player, I was thrilled to finally see some equality and I completely agree that they never should have proceeded with the Isles counting for iOS vs Android to begin with. I play most my apps on my new iPad Pro, but if I’m on the go then I can quickly launch DS with my Android phone if I want to collect from breeding, finish a task in Tales, etc.

So even though I would benefit from the Isles on iOS for personal LB milestones, it just feels a lot better in general that the playing field has *finally* been equalized.

Nightclub Owner
    I understand all of the Android players feeling vindicated that the playing field is equal now that iOS players can't use Arctic Isles for points but don't you think it would've been a much better solution if instead of eliminating those points they made it count for you too? I just don't understand all the happy posts about this issue. I think it's stupid since they still have the same amount of points required for the final milestone (which is all I care about since the gold demons always pull tens of thousands of points)
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast