Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: LEADERBOARD - Roses are Red 18 May

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    As for the new system, it feels like I'm having to weigh the pros and cons of my playing without having all the relevant information regarding the new set up. Have they given us any sort of confirmation on what they mean when they say we're now 'matched into groups of players with similar play styles'? Does this mean I'll be placed with people who get the last dragon and stop like I do? Or does it mean that if I use a boost to reach the end this time, next time I'll be grouped with boosters? It's very vague and I'm now worried about how my actions now will affect my playing later.
    They are being vague, because they probably don't know what the best matching algorithm will be. I guarantee that they will change it at least in the next few LBs to see which produces better results, so don't fret as what ever you do now probably you will probably be watched with a different system next time. It could be based on the GPDs you have, or the gold you have saved, or the food you have saved, or how frequently you login to play. I remember early on everyone was speculating on how the matching algorithm worked.

It actually makes sense for them to better match people since a lot of players used to get matched with big spenders so while they didn't have a chance at the final dragon and trophy, they could easily cruise on milestone goals. If you are correctly matched with similar players, you won't have that luxury. Everyone will be floating around the same points tally so the spin wheel will never be generous. That probably means everyone will have to play more seriously to make the milestone goals.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Global leader - 106,000 points
    How ??????

Farm Supplier
    It is good that S8 leveled the playing field between apple & android users, since most of the community was unsatisfied with their attempt to keep apple and android users in separate local groups.

However, I'm struggling to see a point of the Artic Isles now. I have the Isles and Glacius, and the only reason I would go there would be to get extra breeding, hatching, evolving for the LB events. If you can't generate points, why even visit? I guess I should be happy as there's now less grinding opportunity so I will spend less time in game and clicking.

If one hasn't gotten all mainland maps done, I guess it's still an option to request extra maps.

I still Glacius could enter the Battle Arena, or there was some other point to this realm. At this juncture, the Isles might as well freeze up and enter the Ice Age as they ain't gonna be visited anymore.

-Serpentray

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I understand all of the Android players feeling vindicated that the playing field is equal now that iOS players can't use Arctic Isles for points but don't you think it would've been a much better solution if instead of eliminating those points they made it count for you too? I just don't understand all the happy posts about this issue. I think it's stupid since they still have the same amount of points required for the final milestone (which is all I care about since the gold demons always pull tens of thousands of points)
    I wish they would give us the Arctic Isles instead! There are some beautiful dragons there that I can't ever get.

There are some really great points being made here. Yes, S8 does just keep making it harder & harder to accomplish things without buying/spending gold. I remember it used to be pretty easy to win all the dragons in world events (I could even get all but the highest individual dragon in my baby accounts, that I only visit once a day.) I should still be able to reach the milestones in this leaderboard, but only because I'm willing to buy boosts once in a while. But I don't like the fact that there's no way to do it without spending money. A free game should have options for players that don't have money, but are willing to work hard.

I also remember I used to have millions of coins piled up. I thought I'd never have anything to spend them on. But after a couple leaderboards, and the fact I finally had a reason to visit my Arctic Isles, I realized my coins were almost gone! Everything is so expensive there. I'm still furious about all the time I wasted, making food and re-breeding dragons (that I could feed & evolve again,) in the Isles. Not only can I stop visiting my Arctic now, I can also stop collecting from my regular habitats so much. Once again, there's no need for all those coins. The daily "bonus" & normal play will yield enough coins for the things I need for regular gameplay.

Anyway, good luck to everyone in the leaderboard! May you be fortunate not to have deep-pocketed players in your group!

Executive Chef
    I remember a promise from S8 that each event would be possible to make without spending gold or money...

They definately broke that promise.

This is nog longer a free-to-play game.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeChefDad View Post
    I'll be the first to say that this Global stuff is a greedy ugly way to make more money and I wont be joining in the fray for that at all. Its a great marketing move and will make S8 money but it is everything wrong with the game.
    This is indeed an awesome marketing move which will no doubt earn S8 significant money. It will draw in the non-savvy egotists / bullies and pitch them up against each other to drain their gold and/or money which I see as a huge positive. Even better, for those that are really smart and have worked it out, the global rewards will be a synergistic bonus whilst using one's gold in the best possible way if done during Leaderboard events! :-)

On the negative side, I wouldn't be surprised if the usual mid-event 2x Points Boost Sale will no longer be offered, so that S8 will earn even more money with the mad rush of mostly crazy folk fighting to achieve crazily high scores as is currently evident.
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-21-18 at 07:13 PM.

I'm not happy about it because I want to get some artic dragons as well.
    Last edited by fabsbygabby; 05-21-18 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Misspell words

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    They are being vague, because they probably don't know what the best matching algorithm will be. I guarantee that they will change it at least in the next few LBs to see which produces better results, so don't fret as what ever you do now probably you will probably be watched with a different system next time. It could be based on the GPDs you have, or the gold you have saved, or the food you have saved, or how frequently you login to play. I remember early on everyone was speculating on how the matching algorithm worked.

It actually makes sense for them to better match people since a lot of players used to get matched with big spenders so while they didn't have a chance at the final dragon and trophy, they could easily cruise on milestone goals. If you are correctly matched with similar players, you won't have that luxury. Everyone will be floating around the same points tally so the spin wheel will never be generous. That probably means everyone will have to play more seriously to make the milestone goals.
    Thanks for your thoughts. You raised some excellent points and I agree that it will be a while before we're all in groups that match us best. I usually just try in earnest to get enough points for the final milestone and then resume my regular playing after that. Hopefully within the next few LBs I'll be put with others that participate similarly: we play but not to a terrifying degree nor to a barely noticeable one. As with all changes in the game lately, I'll try to take this in stride and not let it keep me from my original goals and reasons for playing.

Banned
    7200 points in 7 days for the final milestone - definitely a gold grab when it used to be 7200 in 11 days. This event is officially ruined like the World Event. Can the high points be lowered for the next Leaderboard if this 7 day thing continues? You'll be getting enough money out of the whales doing the Global Leaderboard.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast