Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Dragon: LEADERBOARD - Roses are Red 18 May

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Please check your storage to see if the egg is back in storage. If not, please contact support for assistance.

support form
    The egg is in my nest but I dont see it. The only thing I see is the timer 12 hrs. When I go visit on my hubbys ipad to my island there is nothing in nest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by athena238 View Post
    The egg is in my nest but I dont see it. The only thing I see is the timer 12 hrs. When I go visit on my hubbys ipad to my island there is nothing in nest.
    It may take awhile for the animation to show up. If you still have the timer then I wouldn't worry too much.

There is 20+ minutes left and I'm short 600+ points from the last dragon neo rose and no more gold to get it. A whole week wasted on dragons I already have.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by athena238 View Post
    Try force closing and reopening your game.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwhispereri View Post
    Besides the shorter time they removed Arctic Isle but still have the same milestones and ending at 7.2k
    I had full evolutions, nests and breeding den ready for start of event and have been going nonstop.
    Can?t recall if I used any boosts, but regardless am still over 2k away from final milestone with hours left
    No way to do it without using gold
    It's that fine line thing when you're playing a freemium game where S8 more often than not like Facebook tends to cross the line with all players having to endure under-handed tactics like gold traps everywhere, deliberate slowing of points if you're at the top of Leaderboards (i.e. Spins only yielding 25 points if you are lucky enough to land on points earning chests, etc.), common dragons suddenly becoming hard to breed in Tales or Bingo tasks if you are near / at the top of the Leaderboard, "rigged" battles in Bingo, Tales, and tournaments.

Naturally, these tactics extend to making dragon collecting events tougher by gradually and continually reducing their length of time and increasing the target points required. I pity all the paying players that have to endure these tactics to extract as much paid gold from them in these ways rather than positive upfront selling methods / options such as better habitats and super-charging dragons (i.e. now that's a feature I would pay for). These are the reasons I don't pay money to play this game where originally I was going to, opting to donate to charity instead where some good is done. Losing gold like this produced from my GPDs at least doesn't hurt that much.
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-25-18 at 11:55 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    It may take awhile for the animation to show up. If you still have the timer then I wouldn't worry too much.
    I'm having the exact same glitch and have force closed and turned off my phone. Still no egg, but I have the timer, so I'm not worried. I would just like to see what the egg looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    It's that fine line thing when you're playing a freemium game where S8 more often than not like Facebook tends to cross the line with all players having to endure under-handed tactics like gold traps everywhere, deliberate slowing of points if you're at the top of Leaderboards (i.e. Spins only yielding 25 points if you are lucky enough to land on points earning chests, etc.), common dragons suddenly becoming hard to breed in Tales or Bingo tasks if you are near / at the top of the Leaderboard, "rigged" battles in Bingo, Tales, and tournaments.

Naturally, these tactics extend to making dragon collecting events tougher by gradually and continually reducing their length of time and increasing the target points required. I pity all the paying players that have to endure these tactics to extract as much paid gold from them in these ways rather than positive upfront selling methods / options such as better habitats and super-charging dragons (i.e. now that's a feature I would pay for). These are the reasons I don't pay money to play this game where originally I was going to, opting to donate to charity instead where some good is done. Losing gold like this produced from my GPDs at least doesn't hurt that much.
    If it's getting hard for us advanced players, I'd hate to imagine what it's like for some of the new players starting out. It can't be much fun when everything in the game seems impossible.

There might be something else to add to your list. Is the drop rate for the bombs from evolving still the same? After evolving 2 dragons with > 20 hours evolution time each for the LB, I saw only 6 bombs. Can't remember if I mined in between them.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Banned
    Reducing durations for World Events (10 days to 7 days) and Leaderboards (12 days to 10 days to 7 days) is exactly what KevinW07 said and it's not cool. Durations for events should allow for a player to complete them without boosts and gold. If the game is that hard up for money then maybe it's time to shut down. I'd rather see Dragon Story shut down than continue to get ruined. It hurts to say that about a game I love but the issues of the past couple of years from putting events on top of each other back in 2015 to the Wishlist Dragon fiasco back in December 2017 to 42 - 46 round tournaments for dragons that didn't warrant that many rounds to aforementioned Leaderboard and World Events being impossible to complete without gold or ending early with no notice to newer dragons being excluded from the codex to common dragons suddenly becoming ultra rare in Dragon Tales to the land being impossible to expand to manipulation in tournaments. These things hurt players and I wish there were some sort of compassion for all of this. I will say I'm still very glad the Arctic Isles loophole was closed. For those saying "What's the use of them if they can't be used in the Leaderboard," the Isles were there before the Leaderboard was even introduced in this game.
    Last edited by skyharbor602; 05-25-18 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Reducing durations for World Events (10 days to 7 days) and Leaderboards (12 days to 10 days to 7 days) is exactly what KevinW07 said and it's not cool. Durations for events should allow for a player to complete them without boosts and gold. If the game is that hard up for money then maybe it's time to shut down. I'd rather see Dragon Story shut down then continue to get ruined. It hurts to say that about a game I love but the issues of the past couple of years from putting events on top of each other back in 2015 to the Wishlist Dragon fiasco back in December 2017 to 42 - 46 round tournaments for dragons that didn't warrant that many rounds to aforementioned Leaderboard and World Events being impossible to complete without gold or ending early with no notice to newer dragons being excluded from the codex to common dragons suddenly becoming ultra rare in Dragon Tales to the land being impossible to expand to manipulation in tournaments. These things hurt players and I wish there were some sort of compassion for all of this. I will say I'm still very glad the Arctic Isles loophole was closed. For those saying "What's the use of them if they can't be used in the Leaderboard," the Isles were there before the Leaderboard was even introduced in this game.
    I agree wholeheartedly with all of the points you raised. S8 has recently started up with the LBs in another game that is meant to be 'Social Casual' and it's not being well received. All of the changes in their games lately make it seem like they're no longer interested in what the games were originally meant to be. Dragon Story is for breeding and collecting dragons, the other game is for world-building and building a community of friends to help each other do so neither of those need constant events or competitions in order to succeed.

This leads me to my current thoughts: If s8 wants to have non-stop events and competitions in games, why not just create an entirely new game that is built on that foundation from the beginning instead of trying to cram this new format onto their long popular games that don't fit that ideal? That way players who want the constant bombardment of lightning quick events and competitions will be happy and those that want the casual experience DS claims to offer won't have so many complaints. When people look through an app store and see the description for DS, it leads you believe the game is one thing but forcing all these back to back, hard to complete events make it another thing entirely. If the game was meant to be a competitive, action packed game I wouldn't be so distressed but that is not the original intention of the game.

Please s8, give us back the game we all originally became addicted to, the game with twice monthly updates and events that were able to be completed through normal daily play!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    If it's getting hard for us advanced players, I'd hate to imagine what it's like for some of the new players starting out. It can't be much fun when everything in the game seems impossible.

There might be something else to add to your list. Is the drop rate for the bombs from evolving still the same? After evolving 2 dragons with > 20 hours evolution time each for the LB, I saw only 6 bombs. Can't remember if I mined in between them.
    Thankfully, the bomb drop rate is still the same at 4 hours to 1. The algorithm, at least to me, even allows "remainder rollover". That is to say if you for example evolve an 18 hour dragon, you'll get 4 bombs after it evolves and then if you evolve a 6 hour dragon next, it will drop you 2 bombs. One of the nice things! :-)
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-25-18 at 04:31 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast