Thread: Deletion of Past Event Building Parts

Farm Supplier

Unhappy Deletion of Past Event Building Parts

Dear Storm8,

Please delete all of the building parts from past events from my inventory.

I don't want them, I can't do anything with them, and I can't vendor them. I'm not interested in collecting them (I realize that's a goal for some people, but it's not a goal of mine), they are cluttering up my inventory, and I can't find anything easily. Since it seems like you'll never do anything to utilize those parts ever again, what's the point?

I have 254 pages of stuff. I should probably have less than a 100. I'm sure there are people that started playing from the start that have double that. Don't you want to save on server space?

If you won't delete them, can you at least hide them, so I don't have to see them? They did that once in Dragon Story (only the once that I know of) some time within the last couple of years and that worked out well for decluttering. For a short time, anyway. And at least in Restaurant and Bakery Story you have the chance to get rid of weirdo parts by building another appliance, unless it was a limited holiday one. Decorating in those games isn't a piece of cake either, but at least the icons are smaller so you fit more on each page.

Could you make it so the parts can be sold for gold? Not a lot, one gold per, even. With a confirmation button, of course.

Or could you revamp the inventory so the categories are better?

Or at least shows more items per page?

Or add a search bar?

I just want them gone. The inventory system is one of the most neglected parts of the game, after the lagging main story.

Sincerely,

A long time player that just wants to be able to decorate her Queendom more easily

I second this suggestion. I so often have wished the same thing. Thank you Eilonthay!

I was just coming here to post this too! I have so much useless stuff in my inventory and it makes it a long process to look for something. What use do any of us have for items that are only used on events that are over. If there was a delete button on items in our inventory so we could delete what we didn't want.

Nightclub Owner
    I always go out of my way to have extras of everything specifically for my inventory so I'd be pretty upset if it all just disappeared without my consent. That said, I don't have a problem with the idea of the delete button it's the better option than just getting rid of everything out of date in people's inventories. If there was a delete button then it would be up to each player to keep whatever they like and would make both the minimalists and the collectors happy.

Executive Chef
    Visit Kingdom link on Forum Post

As needed many times in order to help fellow players in need on forum.. a 'visit' tab in the forum posts would be helpful, that would directly take you to the kingdom in need, instead of inviting, which not all the time is appreciated as some players keep a minimal nbr list.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    I support this idea of better Inventory organization!

Every time there is an event, I have to calculate everything thoroughly and watch almost every single chop/collection (especially towards the end) because there is no way to delete extras, and I want to keep the Inventory clutter to a minimum. It's making these already tedious events doubly difficult for me as a player! Plus, there is always the main item and the Adventure/Royal Exchange item collected from the same thing, so sometimes I'm forced to have extras despite calculating the exact amounts needed to complete the event.

Delete or hide them - I just want them out of sight from my Inventory to make it more navigable.

Adding to that, it takes too long to scroll through and find what one wants because you can only view 3 items maximum. It would help if it was sectioned off so that we could see 6 items. It would make finding items a lot easier.

One more thing: 2 out of 6 (a whole one-third) categories seem useless. I don't know what the Inventory's Consumable and Special tabs are used for, I've never seen any items fall under there. It seems a shame that they aren't used more efficiently. For example, they could be Kitchen/food items or Nature material items (wood, rocks, etc.), and that could help a lot with viewing the items I have.

Players rely on the Inventory a lot in order to decorate their kingdoms or check if they have enough materials. It would be tremendously helpful to have a more useful and organized Inventory, I hope S8 will look into this!

I’ve asked for this before. After a quest, delete quest items no longer needed. I have over 500 pages of inventory item I have to scroll through to find anything. Give us more categories to group are items in such as Holiday decorations, animals, trees etc. I like to change the look of my world but I hate scrolling through the items over and over again. Many can’t be used for anything, just taking up space.

Thanks and pleaseeeee!

Yes I second this suggestion big time.

somehow I don't think we will be succesful guys they are not interested in helping us. Maybe we should find the door and use it to leave the game.

level 50 like I said this is not on that it has not carried on now for more levels although there was a message a while ago that I thought I saw that said that it was going to be increased.

BUT I must have been mistaken.

Fashion Designer
    well guys, Storm8 finally made a progressive step toward this by removing four useless items (tokens and key) following the Meadow Wolf quest. I AM THRILLED!

But of course 3 Collectors posted in the forum gasping as if Storm8 had stolen their children, lol. "I made it, it's mine!"

I came to castle story after playing a G-rated MMO with 20,000+ items, which routinely deletes useless items at the end of an event. They have banks where you can see 50 items on a page, and sort them yourself into like 9 tabs, but you still have to drop some of your own stuff in order to stock what you want. That game also has a huge amount of data for each player: which quests you've done, what color your hair is, which game areas you have visited, etc.

It just makes sense to limit useless items, even if some players sob about it. As long as we are on a "3-items-per-view" inventory system, any effort in this direction is desirable. Even if I have to give up my beautifil Faberge eggs from this spring, lol.