Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 5/17: Royal Faire Leaderboard | info in posts 1-2

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by mxs010 View Post
    One can make knights crest and jousting armor in magic forge and neither shows in royal faire as a valid trade item. Does anybody know what to do with them?

As you cash the ones showing in royal fairs they are replaced by a new item needed and eventually those you mention will appear in the trade

Fashion Designer
    I?m sitting comfortably in joint 19th place with zero points. I?m hoping to stay there by only collecting alicorns, wizard schools, cabbages and from my mermaid items (I?m not chopping anything so thanks for the heads up about the blue anenomes!)

Is my gold mine safe?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    It's also possible that the people who post on here are a tiny minority of the players. Whether they enjoy leader board events or not, other players may be spending in order to achieve. S8 won't care whether we like the game as long as we spend, and it's entirely possible that lots of people who are not here spend loads on leader board events.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    That's true that we're a bit of a minority here on the forum but I find it hard to believe that people are going to spend as much money trying to earn a walker as they would if it was a genuine prize that had drops and added value to their realms. Of course, there are always those that like the competitive nature of the LBs
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    I am assuming that from S8's point of view the leader board events are a success otherwise they wouldn't do them. That everyone here hates them is a minor nuisance if they bring in money.
    All three of These. In general, forums represent less than 5% of traffic on a given website. Since this is a game and not really a website, even less. "We" are a vocal minority. It is perfectly honorable for a company to want to make money, and sensible for them to pursue whatever appeals to paying customers. We get to play for free if we want - we have freedom and are not excluded from parts of the story if we don't pay.

It's clear that y'all "don't like" leaderboards. But I do want that cute damsel. :-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    All three of These. In general, forums represent less than 5% of traffic on a given website. Since this is a game and not really a website, even less. "We" are a vocal minority. It is perfectly honorable for a company to want to make money, and sensible for them to pursue whatever appeals to paying customers. We get to play for free if we want - we have freedom and are not excluded from parts of the story if we don't pay.

It's clear that y'all "don't like" leaderboards. But I do want that cute damsel. :-)
    Be aware that people are very mean and competitive on the leaderboard , I'm a long term player and I see a lot and this is not good, placing neighbor against neighbor I will not compete in these again , S/8 know there are a lot of new players , but us older players know better ,your right it's our choise to play or not or spend money or not ,and I will leave it there since I can say so much more !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    I?m sitting comfortably in joint 19th place with zero points. I?m hoping to stay there by only collecting alicorns, wizard schools, cabbages and from my mermaid items (I?m not chopping anything so thanks for the heads up about the blue anenomes!)

Is my gold mine safe?
    I was too , until I started playing and collection on my mermaid section ..they added them monster too ,they were never added before , the pink and blue sea cat and the sea monkey ,,lol

Fashion Designer
    Is anyone else losing points after they have earned them?

I submit several items crafted and get points, total updates correctly, but then I carry on playing and within a few seconds, my points total has reduced. Submit more crafted items, get more points, then those too disappear after a while as well!

Rhino Keeper
    The only good thing I have to say about this event is the Darling Damsel is pretty other than that I am sitting this one out as well. Any points gained are unintentional. S8 clearly doesn't listen to us it is sad.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post

I don?t like LBs at all but I will get the pink princess. I will not however spend my weekly budgeted real money during LB events on order to do my part to discourage them. I am going to 3000 and then stopping.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    Is anyone else losing points after they have earned them?

I submit several items crafted and get points, total updates correctly, but then I carry on playing and within a few seconds, my points total has reduced. Submit more crafted items, get more points, then those too disappear after a while as well!
    I saw several people report this in the last LB and the response was that it takes a few moments for your points to make it to the server. Maybe the next time you submit an item for points, try not doing anything for a few moments and maybe even visit a neighbor to force a connection with the s8 server before submitting anything else. It seems that the most rollbacks on points occur when there is little time between them.

This server syncing issue is also why people who are trying to 'win' the LB shouldn't wait until the last minute to try and score a bunch of points. The points often don't go through properly and lots of players were upset that they essentially wasted gems/money to submit lots of crafts at the end only to find out that they didn't count. The moral of this post is that slow and steady is the way to go if you're actively competing in an s8 Leaderboard.

Rhino Keeper
    I’m trying for last place... but I don’t think it will happen... lol, I accidentally got 8 points
    Can’t stand LB events.
    On the plus side, this will be a much needed break after the last event.