Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    So far it seems like I am in a group with other players about my level. There is nobody who is ridiculously high because of gold or anything.
    That sounds promising. I've still not logged into my game, I'm just really burnt out on everything DS at the moment. If I do decide to give it another chance I'll let you know how my grouping is. I hope you get your desired place in the LB, good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Thank you! Good luck to you too, if you decide to come back

Rhino Keeper
    Well, the Arctic Isles are basically useless for me now that you can no longer get leaderboard points for breeding, leveling up, and evolving your dragons. I used to sell my level ten dragons and feed and evolve up the replacements to get a few extra points. I had sold some for this event but now I found it is a waste of time. How about some new Arctic Isle dragons,then. It seems it has been years since we have had any new ones.

Banned
    Is this really shocking to anyone? Whoever goes for the global leaderboard top spots can have at it.

It?s been months since I?ve been able to play the game without constant crashes. I had a goal for a Dino dragon in Bingo. Had a few 12 hour fails on other Dino types. Decided to use boosts and a few gold to get it and it took 13 12 hour eggs before I got it. That?s ridiculous. So they?ve now systematically made it impossible to breed any of the Bingo goal dragons. That was one of the last ones to be a reliable breed and now the percentages have been adjusted there to make it impossible as well.

Wonder what the real amount of time left on the tournament is this time.

Sad. I?ve been playing this game for years and it continues to be driven into the ground. World events, tournaments. None of it is acceptable as a player anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Introducing Global Leaderboards!

Ready to take your Leaderboard experience to the next level? With your Dragons by your side, play with top Caretakers for even more rewards like Gold, Essence, and even a special trophy! Players who reach 1,000 points in the Local Leaderboard will be eligilble to join the Global Leaderboard event.

Leaderboard Points will count for both Local and Global scores!

Other Leaderboard updates:

• Local Leaderboard - Be matched into groups of players with similar play styles and play to earn individual Milestone rewards or reach for high scores to win Trophies and special Dragons!
    • How to earn Points! - Visit the Info tab in the event menu for more details on which tasks are eligible for earning Points as this may change for each event! Additionally, Leaderboard Points will now no longer drop from the Arctic Isles for game versions that include Global Leaderboards.

Some crazy old man living his retirement days in Miami is spending 22500000 food to win the first global leaderboard and gain 500 gold. (and essence) ( and a trophy)

Obviously this Global tournament is not for the "casual players" (you need somewhat 2 years to get that many food from harvesting rushrooms) , neither for the "whale players" (you need more gold to buy the food that the gold prize), this global tournament is geared towards the level 200 player that have masive recourses and dont have any place to spend it.

They can spend 15 gold and burn millions of food to freak out all other players into not competing.

But you can only do this 1 or 2 times for year (unless you are *****ing , think about it ), eventually all old players will spend his food and then we return to the old 22k point global tournament that is so profitable to storm8, because the temptation to buy 10 gold to win 500 is too hard to resist

i dont like it, but i cant neither think in some reason for hate it.

Rhino Keeper
    There is no sense of achievement or value in this game for me if all it takes to succeed is the cash to buy your way to the top. I only hope those that are spending so much money can afford to do so, it's almost like another form of gambling. I will not spend any more money on this game, not that I spent much anyway. I know I will not complete the leaderboard challenge, it would have helped if there were points for farming now that the artic isles are useless.

Farm Supplier
    What a useless addition to the game...

Since it was so hyped, I thought this will be a solution to the land problem, which is causing so many of us to be frustrated with this game...

This feels like April?s fool prank.

Quote Originally Posted by rosym47 View Post
    There is no sense of achievement or value in this game for me if all it takes to succeed is the cash to buy your way to the top. I only hope those that are spending so much money can afford to do so, it's almost like another form of gambling. I will not spend any more money on this game, not that I spent much anyway. I know I will not complete the leaderboard challenge, it would have helped if there were points for farming now that the artic isles are useless.
    The Android wingers got their way and we lost out once again, just shows how unfair this game is.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    Thank you! Good luck to you too, if you decide to come back
    After much consideration, I decided to at least log in so that I could complete the current tourney. I don't feel like wasting all the materials I've worked hard for this month: those for the Palmate and White Lotus and that third Summer Lily I've almost reached. I figure I'll just go about business as usual and ignore the LB; this shouldn't be too hard since there are no new dragons for me to try and breed, the only thing of interest at the moment is the tourney which should also give me the final materials needed so that I can craft my White Lotus. I've been playing this game since the early days and to leave now after all my time, effort and occasional money wouldn't feel right. I'll just go on as always ignoring this new addition and praying that the creators decide this game was great the way it was originally set up and get back to it.

So far, I only have one other player on my board but I'm sure that will change once I do anything that puts points on my board. The only silver lining on this rain cloud that I can see is that maybe now the groups will be more fair and we'll actually be put with players that play like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by rosym47 View Post
    I agree that they should have offered another way to earn points in place of the Isles but I think they should have done this way back when it was first discovered that AI gave points that some users didn't have access to.

Fashion Designer
    I really don't care about the Global Leaderboard because I would probably have to spend $1000 to win, but I'm happy with the more equal groupings so far. My group doesn't seem to have those 3 or 4 people who spend a ton of gold and win this time.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast