Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Quote Originally Posted by heyyou0123 View Post
    Now it?s fun to see how great players fighting, 500 golds sone people think it alot but with golds spending is nothing, i can tell it not easy to get global top 3
    Yes, 500 gold as a prize is pretty laughable given how much gold is spent even in a normal leaderboard, much less a global one. I guess they can't be too generous. S8 is going to be rolling in money.

I'm not sure why so many people are angry. The normal leaderboard exists, and the same prizes are there. There's no new special dragon for the global leaderboard, just a decoration trophy. I actually think that this is a good move by S8. With all the tied wins and other tactics to "beat" the competitive nature of leaderboards, the perceived value of a leaderboard trophy is quickly declining. I'm sure that some gold spenders are somewhat sore about seeing how easily it is for people to get trophies for free, that they spend exorbitant amounts of money on. I don't blame them since I feel like my trophies are less special when I hear about large groups of people working together to get into the same groups so they can all organise a tied win en-masse. It'd almost be hilarious to see 20 no1 winners all lined up in one group!

To sum it up, we all get to still play the same way we used to. You still get the prize dragons and the gold trophies. There's just a new tier IF you want to get super competitive about DS. Even with my leaderboard trophy set, I'm not planning on getting sucked into this... well I can't afford to >_< As a free player, I have no delusions that I am the "best" DS player out there... although I am curious to see who is the richest without having to meet them in my LB group

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0553.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	44405 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	44406
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Yes, 500 gold as a prize is pretty laughable given how much gold is spent even in a normal leaderboard, much less a global one. I guess they can't be too generous. S8 is going to be rolling in money.

I'm not sure why so many people are angry. The normal leaderboard exists, and the same prizes are there. There's no new special dragon for the global leaderboard, just a decoration trophy. I actually think that this is a good move by S8. With all the tied wins and other tactics to "beat" the competitive nature of leaderboards, the perceived value of a leaderboard trophy is quickly declining. I'm sure that some gold spenders are somewhat sore about seeing how easily it is for people to get trophies for free, that they spend exorbitant amounts of money on. I don't blame them since I feel like my trophies are less special when I hear about large groups of people working together to get into the same groups so they can all organise a tied win en-masse. It'd almost be hilarious to see 20 no1 winners all lined up in one group!

To sum it up, we all get to still play the same way we used to. You still get the prize dragons and the gold trophies. There's just a new tier IF you want to get super competitive about DS. Even with my leaderboard trophy set, I'm not planning on getting sucked into this... well I can't afford to >_< As a free player, I have no delusions that I am the "best" DS player out there... although I am curious to see who is the richest without having to meet them in my LB group

The reward isn't just 500 Gold. The reward is 500 Gold, 1000 Essence, and a special trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    If I understand correctly, the local boards are now matched up so that we are with people who play like us? So that means if I do not spend a lot of gold, I will be placed with other people who also do not spend a lot of gold, and then the gold buyers can fight it out on the global board?
    That's how I read it. With global leaderboards taking on the competitive element, it seems like they can tone down the local leaderboards to be more fair to all players. They even nixed the Artic Isle points so that Android and iOS players can play fairly with each other! That's only fair if they're taking it global, right? That'll be a pretty big crowd pleaser.

Fingers crossed that if they make heaps of money from global leader boards, they can afford to make the Tales, Tournaments and World Events easier for the rest of us.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    I'm angry because they have, yet again, completely ignored all feedback, ignored what the players need and want, and instead come at us with their hand out for *more* cash.

This event was the only one I really liked. Not only does it now have the ‘global’ gold eater, but has also now removed the arctic isle points. Without them I’ve no chance. Also, I’m sooo fed up of the cutting out and rollback that I too am seriously thinking of abandoning my dragons. I’m also playing another game now, which I feel looks after it’s players’ enjoyment and is not purely trying to wring out as much cash as possible. ������

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    THIS, so much!

I feel like the whole point of the game we began playing years ago has been lost. I want to breed, collect, and raise dragons. That's it. I don't want to compete against other players. If I wanted to compete, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of competitive games available in the App Store to choose from. I chose DS because it was casual, passive, relaxing fun, and because I like breeding/collecting games. I loved the old Community Events because we all worked together to win dragons for everyone- that used to be the spirit of the game, back when it was fun.

I don't want to miss out on dragons in a collecting game. I don't want to see a million dragons that are only available as a prize in a dragon breeding game. It's supposed to be a *breeding and collecting* game. How many new, breedable dragons are released? Not many. It's all event dragons all the time, now. The number and pace of events is insane and is driving the disconnect, imo.

I like supporting the games I enjoy. I'll even go so far as to say I feel an obligation to support the development of the freemium games I play everyday. It's a fair exchange.

That being said, I'll spend on a game where the developers care about the wants, needs, and satisfaction of the customer base, and where they make an effort to fix bugs as soon as possible.

I won't spend money on the punishing, frustrating, greedy, hot mess this game has become.
    It couldn't be more obvious that the DS developers don't play the game and care nothing about the customers.

I stay for my dragons. I'd feel bad abandoning them. My gaming money is happily and eagerly spent elsewhere.
    OMG, this sums up everything I feel so beautifully!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    THIS, so much!

I feel like the whole point of the game we began playing years ago has been lost. I want to breed, collect, and raise dragons. That's it. I don't want to compete against other players. If I wanted to compete, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of competitive games available in the App Store to choose from. I chose DS because it was casual, passive, relaxing fun, and because I like breeding/collecting games. I loved the old Community Events because we all worked together to win dragons for everyone- that used to be the spirit of the game, back when it was fun.

I don't want to miss out on dragons in a collecting game. I don't want to see a million dragons that are only available as a prize in a dragon breeding game. It's supposed to be a *breeding and collecting* game. How many new, breedable dragons are released? Not many. It's all event dragons all the time, now. The number and pace of events is insane and is driving the disconnect, imo.

I like supporting the games I enjoy. I'll even go so far as to say I feel an obligation to support the development of the freemium games I play everyday. It's a fair exchange.

That being said, I'll spend on a game where the developers care about the wants, needs, and satisfaction of the customer base, and where they make an effort to fix bugs as soon as possible.

I won't spend money on the punishing, frustrating, greedy, hot mess this game has become.
    It couldn't be more obvious that the DS developers don't play the game and care nothing about the customers.

I stay for my dragons. I'd feel bad abandoning them. My gaming money is happily and eagerly spent elsewhere.
    I agree thoroughly with what you said. The tournaments are the only event I go all out for now and Tales if they have a compelling dragon that can be good at tournaments. Most of those so called ultra rare dragons as leaderboard prizes aren't even good battlers. And this Global Leaderboard thing is just a money grab that I'll just pass on. I'll just sit back and watch the boosts being used and say I'm glad the little money I make goes to bills, food and other entertainment.

Farm Supplier

. I wish this game update last leaderboard seen they gave diamond hybrid it make me run crazy for it, even I don’t care for trophy , i get to 75k points for just second place, now i’ll wait until they give another diamond hybrid to try for global place, too tired to make score go up that high

Quote Originally Posted by carolannann View Post
    This event was the only one I really liked. Not only does it now have the ‘global’ gold eater, but has also now removed the arctic isle points. Without them I’ve no chance. Also, I’m sooo fed up of the cutting out and rollback that I too am seriously thinking of abandoning my dragons. I’m also playing another game now, which I feel looks after it’s players’ enjoyment and is not purely trying to wring out as much cash as possible. ������
    Me too, the artic isle is now useless and I want my food sent to my other isle, how about that S8? This game gets worse even when you think they can’t get any Lower with their tactics, they prove that they can.

Fashion Designer
    That's how I read it. With global leaderboards taking on the competitive element, it seems like they can tone down the local leaderboards to be more fair to all players. They even nixed the Artic Isle points so that Android and iOS players can play fairly with each other! That's only fair if they're taking it global, right? That'll be a pretty big crowd pleaser.

Fingers crossed that if they make heaps of money from global leader boards, they can afford to make the Tales, Tournaments and World Events easier for the rest of us.
    So far it seems like I am in a group with other players about my level. There is nobody who is ridiculously high because of gold or anything.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast