Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Fashion Designer
    As if I didn't feel bad enough about doing so poorly in these types of events ... I get to see how poorly I do compared to the entire community? Joy.

Farm Supplier
    Now it’s fun to see how great players fighting, 500 golds sone people think it alot but with golds spending is nothing, i can tell it not easy to get global top 3

Rhino Keeper
    I will continue to play Leaderboards the way I always have - without spending gold except to switch things around before bedtime. I will not change the way I play things at all. If I do well on the local ranking, good for me but I don't care how I place on the global ranking. I already know that I will not even come close to being in the lowest global ranking for a prize. This new style of Leaderboard won't change a thing for me. Good luck to everyone!

Fashion Designer
    Less than 2 hours into the event and the lead already finish the milestone with extra points to boost.

I don’t mind the spenders, but this is publicly announcing who’s the biggest $$$ Cha-Chinger out of the whole community XD

Anyways...not interested in the leaderboard, but I have several champs/Diamond that have to be release back to their habitats...not that it’s gonna help me reach top tier
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Banned
    This game is becoming so divisive that we are now playing in 2 different division so to speak!

Currently the leader in Global has over 12000 points in just over 2 hours, the 2nd place has over 8000 and1 GPD, 3 Silver leaderboard Trophies and I didn’t bother to count the Gold Trophies But I would hazard a guess and say the rest of the Leaderboards!

This game has flipped completely of being a fun game to now a cash cow, will not play like this and will probably be the end of the game for me!

Well done Storm8; another long term player finishing!

As others have said this is LAME, LAME!
    Last edited by random59; 05-18-18 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Additional quote

Executive Chef
    Well the difference between the have and have nots is now obvious and the gap is huge within minutes!

This would be a really good time to bring back the gold producers at the old sale prices in order to at least pretend to level the playing field for newer players or players who missed out. Until then, I’m not buying any more gold to spend on events when you do shameless things like this. I’m so glad I didn’t buy the gold I was going to this morning when the sale popped up. I’ll save my money and spend it elsewhere!!!

Banned
    Been on the edge lately to continue playing or finally just be done with this company's bs. I'm done. Uninstalled dragon story for good this time. No more money from me and I spent alot every week.

Rhino Keeper
    As soon as I launched the app after the rollover time and saw the new changes, I knew there would be an uproar from the community. It’s so sad to see many, many dedicated players express their complete disappointment/frustration/anger/etc. to the point where long term players have upped and quit. I’ve played for so many years and like a lot of the veteran players, the game has gone downhill so badly.

I used to love the Tales, I used to love the WEs! And then LBs came along, then Bingo, and greed and fierce competition replaced the awesome and fun aspects of the game. Tales requirements became ridiculous, tasks became a necessary chore, WE milestones started becoming impossible, prizes and rewards became worse and worse. What used to be fun and so enjoyable has become tedious, stressful micromanaging frustration.

My gold is at like over, 1400 because I barely use it anymore, aside from speeding up a few breeding tasks. I was a paying player, but the continuously terrible design choices and poor decisions S8 has made over the past couple of years has tarnished a lot of respect I used to have for the game as a whole. This new decision just proves the bigger point for a lot of us.

It’s quite sad because some of the art is fantastic and they had/have *so* much they could do to appease new players and veterans alike. Many other games accomplish this very successfully, catering to a middle ground of IAP players/non IAP players and new players, but it feels like for the most part, S8 just ignores their dedicated fanbase and enjoys heading in the opposite direction instead.
    Last edited by NeidusBluetip; 05-18-18 at 02:15 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    This game is becoming so divisive that we are now playing in 2 different division so to speak!

Currently the leader in Global has over 12000 points in just over 2 hours, the 2nd place has over 8000 and1 GPD, 3 Silver leaderboard Trophies and I didn’t bother to count the Gold Trophies But I would hazard a guess and say the rest of the Leaderboards!

This game has flipped completely of being a fun game to now a cash cow, will not play like this and will probably be the end of the game for me!

Well done Storm8; another long term player finishing!

As others have said this is LAME, LAME!
    This is pretty much my exact feelings on the matter. Divisive is the perfect word for it, greedy is another that comes to mind. I haven't even opened my game yet because I don't think I want to participate in this sort of madness. I don't like LBs to begin with mostly because I don't like the idea that because I 'win' a dragon then other players cannot. That the LBs use regular playing to rack up points means that I can't avoid them if I want to log in to my island and play this week which I don't like. I shouldn't be forced into playing an event I don't like, is there no way that you could add a goal to the LBs? Have the goal be a specific set of tasks, once completed you've started the LBs and if you don't want to play the LBs then you don't complete the goals and your daily playing won't put unwanted points on the board. I refuse to believe that there is no way for s8 make the LBs optional and it's frustrating to me that they won't even try.

I just knew when the last update claimed something "Fun for everyone to play would be coming" that it was just going to be another gold grab. Instead of the team focusing on bettering the plethora of issues still plaguing our game. I care not one whit about "winning" any competition in this game. I am here to collect and raise dragons, nothing more, nothing less and have been from the beginning. Sure, I've won some LBs but it's always incidental and when I see that I'm nearing the top I always try to make the rounds and offer to tie so as many players as possible can get the dragon which is the only actual thing I'm interested in.

It's really hard to remain a loyal customer after all these years when each and every new addition seems to go out of it's way to show s8 is not interested in bettering the game, only making cash.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post

I just knew when the last update claimed something "Fun for everyone to play would be coming" that it was just going to be another gold grab. Instead of the team focusing on bettering the plethora of issues still plaguing our game. I care not one whit about "winning" any competition in this game.

I am here to collect and raise dragons, nothing more, nothing less and have been from the beginning.

It's really hard to remain a loyal customer after all these years when each and every new addition seems to go out of it's way to show s8 is not interested in bettering the game, only making cash.
    THIS, so much!

I feel like the whole point of the game we began playing years ago has been lost. I want to breed, collect, and raise dragons. That's it. I don't want to compete against other players. If I wanted to compete, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of competitive games available in the App Store to choose from. I chose DS because it was casual, passive, relaxing fun, and because I like breeding/collecting games. I loved the old Community Events because we all worked together to win dragons for everyone- that used to be the spirit of the game, back when it was fun.

I don't want to miss out on dragons in a collecting game. I don't want to see a million dragons that are only available as a prize in a dragon breeding game. It's supposed to be a *breeding and collecting* game. How many new, breedable dragons are released? Not many. It's all event dragons all the time, now. The number and pace of events is insane and is driving the disconnect, imo.

I like supporting the games I enjoy. I'll even go so far as to say I feel an obligation to support the development of the freemium games I play everyday. It's a fair exchange.

That being said, I'll spend on a game where the developers care about the wants, needs, and satisfaction of the customer base, and where they make an effort to fix bugs as soon as possible.

I won't spend money on the punishing, frustrating, greedy, hot mess this game has become.
    It couldn't be more obvious that the DS developers don't play the game and care nothing about the customers.

I stay for my dragons. I'd feel bad abandoning them. My gaming money is happily and eagerly spent elsewhere.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast