Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    Bahaha thank you for the explanation! I suppose it could be...sentimental to them or something? xD
    I would think that it's more likely that the player in question isn't on the forum and probably didn't hear about the fix on offer. Like many issues discussed and solved on here, the players who don't visit this site are often left in the dark. I have no idea how any players can survive in s8 games without utilizing the forum to it's fullest.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post

I feel like the whole point of the game we began playing years ago has been lost. I want to breed, collect, and raise dragons. That's it. I don't want to compete against other players. If I wanted to compete, there are literally hundreds (if not thousands) of competitive games available in the App Store to choose from. I chose DS because it was casual, passive, relaxing fun, and because I like breeding/collecting games. I loved the old Community Events because we all worked together to win dragons for everyone- that used to be the spirit of the game, back when it was fun.

I don't want to miss out on dragons in a collecting game. I don't want to see a million dragons that are only available as a prize in a dragon breeding game. It's supposed to be a *breeding and collecting* game. How many new, breedable dragons are released? Not many. It's all event dragons all the time, now. The number and pace of events is insane and is driving the disconnect, imo.

I like supporting the games I enjoy. I'll even go so far as to say I feel an obligation to support the development of the freemium games I play everyday. It's a fair exchange.

That being said, I'll spend on a game where the developers care about the wants, needs, and satisfaction of the customer base, and where they make an effort to fix bugs as soon as possible.

I won't spend money on the punishing, frustrating, greedy, hot mess this game has become.
    It couldn't be more obvious that the DS developers don't play the game and care nothing about the customers.

I stay for my dragons. I'd feel bad abandoning them. My gaming money is happily and eagerly spent elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    OMG, this sums up everything I feel so beautifully!
    DITTO, especially the social aspect of helping each other out and working together for common goals!

Also, it was a MAJOR FAIL not to have announced to the player community beforehand (i.e. the PREVIOUS Leaderboard that it would be the last event that points would be earned from Arctic Isles) as opposed to announcing it on the spot!!! For those of us who work hard to prepare our Arctic Isles for the next Leaderboard, it would have spared us the now useless effort! S8, please show us some consideration in the future as we all know that you already knew this in advance!!!
    Last edited by KevinW07; 05-21-18 at 06:43 PM.

Farm Supplier
    I would like to clear something up. I play on android and knew in the beginning I would not have the isles. I wanted to play anyway. It has Never bothered me that some players had the isles. I started playing for the same reasons most of you did I wanted to breed and collect dragons. If you are an android player and have problems they are your own it is your choice to play on that device. If you play ios you should enjoy all you have and play your game. They are the same game but they are different also. Enjoy both games. I feel it is wrong to take part of their game away from ios it was set that way and should stay that way. I also do do not like all ssurprises , s8 should take into consideration the players make plans on what they have been told are the rules. You DO NOT GO CHANGING THE RULE WITH OUT WARNING. In fact you don't. Change game rules once someone has accepted them by playing. If you want to change Rules it should be for those player starting on or after that date. For those of us unhappy about the new direction S8. Is going we know our options they aren't good. S8. You should take a good long look at whesre you are going!
    Are you going to start bringing out dragons to breed in a reasonsble fashion? If not I will probable stop playing for the second time . I was one of the first players and loved it. Things went down hill and I quit. I came back and started over sgsin about a year ago. I am not happy about some of the "new" additions and will probably leave again. I could probably log onto my old game if I could get it trsnsfered and that is debatable. Kids no this is not the game we started with and some important things have been lost. But, we can still help each other and the newbies. We can collect dragons, if we are lucky there will be new ones to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by 71smoky View Post
    I would like to clear something up. I play on android and knew in the beginning I would not have the isles. I wanted to play anyway. It has Never bothered me that some players had the isles. I started playing for the same reasons most of you did I wanted to breed and collect dragons. If you are an android player and have problems they are your own it is your choice to play on that device. If you play ios you should enjoy all you have and play your game. They are the same game but they are different also. Enjoy both games. I feel it is wrong to take part of their game away from ios it was set that way and should stay that way. I also do do not like all ssurprises , s8 should take into consideration the players make plans on what they have been told are the rules. You DO NOT GO CHANGING THE RULE WITH OUT WARNING. In fact you don't. Change game rules once someone has accepted them by playing. If you want to change Rules it should be for those player starting on or after that date. For those of us unhappy about the new direction S8. Is going we know our options they aren't good. S8. You should take a good long look at whesre you are going!
    Are you going to start bringing out dragons to breed in a reasonsble fashion? If not I will probable stop playing for the second time . I was one of the first players and loved it. Things went down hill and I quit. I came back and started over sgsin about a year ago. I am not happy about some of the "new" additions and will probably leave again. I could probably log onto my old game if I could get it trsnsfered and that is debatable. Kids no this is not the game we started with and some important things have been lost. But, we can still help each other and the newbies. We can collect dragons, if we are lucky there will be new ones to breed.
    Thankyou, I could not agree more. I feel totally ripped off. They haven’t done anything with it for years. Look at all the islands that are over there and not used. Money and time wasted over the past years is gone. I have over 300000 food over there that I now cannot use. They also changed the time the leaderboard finishes and so many other rediculous things that I would stop playing except for gifting neighbors and collecting my food and gold. I don’t think that I will bother with events once this one finishes and I don’t want to battle anyway and they force you to. Too competitive now and no more community spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW07 View Post
    DITTO, especially the social aspect of helping each other out and working together for common goals!

Also, it was a MAJOR FAIL not to have announced to the player community beforehand (i.e. the PREVIOUS Leaderboard that it would be the last event that points would be earned from Arctic Isles) as opposed to announcing it on the spot!!! For those of us who work hard to prepare our Arctic Isles for the next Leaderboard, it would have spared us the now useless effort! S8, please show us some consideration in the future as we all know that you already knew this in advance!!!
    They would have to care about their customers to do that Kevin

Executive Chef
    Btw are we in the same global leadership board ? ★
    // my DS achievement (: ★ 3300+ essence ★

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrycastleorchard View Post
    They would have to care about their customers to do that Kevin

Well, at least it is simpler and less time-consuming to play LB now!

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This is possible. In 2015 for a short period of time, there was an expansion issue and you could place items in the ocean. I don't understand why anyone would actually do it...but some players did. When that loop was closed, those items became forever stuck in the sea. There was a window in which we could repair it for them, but some players didn't want to repair (again, not sure why). So any item in the sea, including Dragons, only function in a decorational capacity and can never be moved. :X
    Quote Originally Posted by NeidusBluetip View Post
    Bahaha thank you for the explanation! I suppose it could be...sentimental to them or something? xD
    Most people don't have any space left on their island to decorate. It's all habitats jam packed together. Whoever it is probably did so since it was the only opportunity for them to put decorations out at the time. They clearly planned it out as something that would capitalise on the bug and remain relevant even after that loophole was closed. This must be one serious player

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dovanificent View Post
    I wish i was in the same group as the player who ranked #1 globally. In less than 5 days i would have had the 7.2k points needed.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by dovanificent View Post
    I wish i was in the same group as the player who ranked #1 globally. In less than 5 days i would have had the 7.2k points needed.
    Not necessarily. The way the wheel works it doesn't try to vault you to no1 or anywhere near it. It will try to keep you close to the top 10 so you always feel like you have a chance. So in a group where one person has an insane number of points, it's likely everyone else will have given up. You might have one player with 100,000 but if the following 10 top players are around the same number (let's say 4000) you will only ever be catapulted to around 4000 by the spin wheel. If you're in that group of 10, then the wheel will probably only give you between 25 and 50 points. That guy leading the global leaderboard has completely forgotten about the people in his group. He's not that high up because he's in a local leaderboard with other ~90000 point players... maybe next game he will be though... who knows how S8 will implement their matching algorithm. If he is, I feel sorry for him since he'll have to open his wallet real big just to get even a gold trophy in all future games.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795