Quote Originally Posted by heyyou0123 View Post
Now it?s fun to see how great players fighting, 500 golds sone people think it alot but with golds spending is nothing, i can tell it not easy to get global top 3
Yes, 500 gold as a prize is pretty laughable given how much gold is spent even in a normal leaderboard, much less a global one. I guess they can't be too generous. S8 is going to be rolling in money.

I'm not sure why so many people are angry. The normal leaderboard exists, and the same prizes are there. There's no new special dragon for the global leaderboard, just a decoration trophy. I actually think that this is a good move by S8. With all the tied wins and other tactics to "beat" the competitive nature of leaderboards, the perceived value of a leaderboard trophy is quickly declining. I'm sure that some gold spenders are somewhat sore about seeing how easily it is for people to get trophies for free, that they spend exorbitant amounts of money on. I don't blame them since I feel like my trophies are less special when I hear about large groups of people working together to get into the same groups so they can all organise a tied win en-masse. It'd almost be hilarious to see 20 no1 winners all lined up in one group!

To sum it up, we all get to still play the same way we used to. You still get the prize dragons and the gold trophies. There's just a new tier IF you want to get super competitive about DS. Even with my leaderboard trophy set, I'm not planning on getting sucked into this... well I can't afford to >_< As a free player, I have no delusions that I am the "best" DS player out there... although I am curious to see who is the richest without having to meet them in my LB group

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0553.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	44405 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	44406