Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar

Introducing: Global Leaderboards!

Introducing Global Leaderboards!

Ready to take your Leaderboard experience to the next level? With your Dragons by your side, play with top Caretakers for even more rewards like Gold, Essence, and even a special trophy! Players who reach 1,000 points in the Local Leaderboard will be eligilble to join the Global Leaderboard event.

Leaderboard Points will count for both Local and Global scores!

Other Leaderboard updates:

• Local Leaderboard - Be matched into groups of players with similar play styles and play to earn individual Milestone rewards or reach for high scores to win Trophies and special Dragons!
    • How to earn Points! - Visit the Info tab in the event menu for more details on which tasks are eligible for earning Points as this may change for each event! Additionally, Leaderboard Points will now no longer drop from the Arctic Isles for game versions that include Global Leaderboards.

Rhino Keeper
    Mod placeholder.

Fashion Designer
    So ... you are just giving the gold spenders more gold. Lame.
    The top global people had over 10,000 points in less than 5 minutes after the event started.
    This is not an improvement, nor anything to get excited about.

Farm Supplier
    Oh wow , how fun that compare to other groups, event global trophy plus golds $$$

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    The top global people had over 10,000 points in less than 5 minutes after the event started.
    I'm glad it isn't just me who feels this way. I'm sure it's nice for some people, but when I can't even win a "local" leaderboard anymore, there's no way I can even begin to compete globally. I wonder how many participants there are globally.

Fashion Designer
    If I understand correctly, the local boards are now matched up so that we are with people who play like us? So that means if I do not spend a lot of gold, I will be placed with other people who also do not spend a lot of gold, and then the gold buyers can fight it out on the global board?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I'm glad it isn't just me who feels this way. I'm sure it's nice for some people, but when I can't even win a "local" leaderboard anymore, there's no way I can even begin to compete globally. I wonder how many participants there are globally.
    I wish i was in the same group as the player who ranked #1 globally. In less than 5 days i would have had the 7.2k points needed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    I have a feeling the same names will be on the global board for every LB.

The thing that bugs me is the players have been upset about the way LBs are, and how World Events have become, "pay to win," instead of being something fun with prizes for every level of player. The event polls and the comments are pretty darn clear about that. This global thing just pushes the very unpopular "pay to win" concept even further. It's nothing but another attempted money grab for S8. The people who will top the global boards and win the gold prizes either have a ton of GPDs, piles of gold from past *****s, or already spend a huge amount of money on the game. I highly doubt regular players are going to suddenly become big spenders just to get on the global board. If they didn't for regular LBs, why would they for global ones? The whole thing is pointless, from both ends. It's hard to believe that this game can actually fall further. I thought they had finally reached the bottom of bad, tone deaf decisions with the new expansion area. Guess not.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_chick10 View Post
    If I understand correctly, the local boards are now matched up so that we are with people who play like us? So that means if I do not spend a lot of gold, I will be placed with other people who also do not spend a lot of gold, and then the gold buyers can fight it out on the global board?
    I don't believe so, i usually wait till the last 15 minutes to boost and 2 players on the group that i am have already boosted.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Count me in as another who feels the same way. And this is the 2nd time Red Rose and the 3rd time Cursed Rose have been "milestones" in Leaderboards - not cool at all. Why not bring back dragons released in the earlier times of the game instead of dragons recently released? Thankfully I'm not interested in the Pink Rose dragon one bit like most of these flower dragons so I can concentrate on leveling my Neo Valiant to level 15 and building my food supplies.
    Yes, the Global Leaderboard is L-A-M-E. I know y'all could do better.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast