Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Update 5/14/18- Issues

Banned

Dragon Story Update 5/14/18- Issues

I just got a message to update my app on my Android. Did the update and saw nothing different but the game lagging worse than before the update. Anyone have any idea what these "improvements" advertised are supposed to be with this update?

Farm Supplier
    LOL I asked that myself too. And some dragons are frozen now.

The Honorable Panda
    For Freezing Dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    This is expected for devices with lower-end specs in order to play the game as smoothly as possible. This is to address complaints that players have shared regarding out of memory crashes on older/low spec devices. These performance improvements may include, reducing animations and particle effects.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ns-Freezing-Up

I will flag the over.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Nightclub Owner
    I see that in the description of the update they've written:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000421.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	44300

I don't know about everyone else but this makes me nervous. The last time they said something along these lines it was the Codex that was introduced; sure it's great, but only to a point. I think there are still a lot of issues they could adjust in the Codex to make it better instead of coming up with another new, "great" thing that will probably have just as many ignored issues as the Codex.

*Sigh* If only they would listen and stop with cramming in all this new stuff and focus on all the things we've been asking for repeatedly, for years. Instead of something "new to play in," I'd rather see more crops, all habitats with capacity upgrades to hold five, all the post-Codex dragons being able to be actually used for the Codex, the list goes on.

I try to be hopeful for these big, exciting updates but every time I get my hopes up they let me down. This time I'm going in with the knowledge that I'll probably be disappointed once the shine and the newness wears off, maybe then I won't feel so let down about the direction the game is going.

Banned
    My game is still lagging and shuts down because of it. I'm at level 189. The update was not good at all and now I have to play older versions to get some sort of normalcy.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    My game is still lagging and shuts down because of it. I'm at level 189. The update was not good at all and now I have to play older versions to get some sort of normalcy.
    Memory usage will be better with this update, but if the device is installing the update as if it were a fresh install that might account for some temporary lag.
    If the lag continues, please contact support and let them know what device model you are playing on so an agent can investigate.

Thanks
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Me too. The update just messed up everything.
    Can't even move around the islands smoothly anymore, and I'm on a high end Samsung. Come on S8, updates are supposed to make improvements NOT make things worse. This is a downgrade for sure.
    What version can I get so I can play normally again? This is sooo frustrating. Why do you guys do this all the time?

Rhino Keeper
    Memory usage is way worse.
    So slow now.
    Samsung Galaxy S9.
    Want the old version of DS back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    Memory usage will be better with this update, but if the device is installing the update as if it were a fresh install that might account for some temporary lag.
    If the lag continues, please contact support and let them know what device model you are playing on so an agent can investigate.

Thanks
    Thank you Kooky! Will do!

Nightclub Owner
    Hope this isn't a stupid question but what are "devices with lower-end specs"? What does that mean? Thanks
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast