Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Update 5/14/18- Issues

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Hope this isn't a stupid question but what are "devices with lower-end specs"? What does that mean? Thanks
    Devices with older hardware or not old, but less powerful hardware. For example, a device with 1GB RAM (this is memory, but is different than storage which people often confuse as memory) and a big island with 800 dragons will probably struggle because there are so many animations and sparkles and stuff happening.

The 2.8+ updates have optimizations that will try to compensate for the device's hardware by reducing animation/sparkles. It's possible there will be a little bit of temporary lag if you have a higher end device after updating if you have a lot of Dragons. For people who are updating to 2.9 after not previously updating to 2.8, it may be more noticeable because they're just now installing the optimizations.

Banned
    This is why we need a portal to take Caretakers to another island so that it could run smoother. Not like the Arctic Isles, perse, but a second screen nonetheless. Expanding one screen causes the one screen to foul up and it's harder to place all graphics on that screen with all the new dragons released. This would work on lower end models as good as high end models like my phone which is not even 6 months old.

Rhino Keeper
    I did the update for ios..and it was very sluggishalmost stalling at first but then it went back to regular..but there still are issues, one evening after update., I would do something like clearing coins, there would be a slight hesitation and then everything I had done was undone and I had to do it over.Even in Battle Arena, was doing a battle, there was a blip and what I had done did not register..had to force close game , restart and the same battle was back..so the " bugs" are still not out of the game..and by the way..I do not have any crashing issues and never have since getting this device a few years ago and without updating my ios level

Rhino Keeper
    Horrible, Horrible update!
    Wish I never would have made the change.
    Is there any way to go back to the previous version? So frustrating that I don't even want to play anymore or even think about throwing any real money into it. Such a let down S8...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Devices with older hardware or not old, but less powerful hardware. For example, a device with 1GB RAM (this is memory, but is different than storage which people often confuse as memory) and a big island with 800 dragons will probably struggle because there are so many animations and sparkles and stuff happening.

The 2.8+ updates have optimizations that will try to compensate for the device's hardware by reducing animation/sparkles. It's possible there will be a little bit of temporary lag if you have a higher end device after updating if you have a lot of Dragons. For people who are updating to 2.9 after not previously updating to 2.8, it may be more noticeable because they're just now installing the optimizations.
    Thank you
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Well the update has not stopped the game crashing. After 7 years of playing I quit. Just too frustrating and boring now. Goodbye

Rhino Keeper
    I rarely had problems with crashing or lagging as described by others so often in this forum. However since the update I now understand what everyone was complaining about. I’ll give it another week to adjust but if crashing every time you visit a neighbour continues I too will be taking a break - or finding a game less expensive, less frenetic and less reliant on pure luck to complete tasks.
    Can we please hear from someone whose game is working better since the update.
    And, DITTO to AnnirasSweets comments. Pls update the Codex and PLEASE give us a way to search for individual dragons when we need to locate them AND the ability to upgrade habitats to hold more dragons.
    Cheers

Banned
    I just had to win a fight with Hyacinth 3 times in Tales. Apparently the roll back issue isn't solved yet with this update either.

Rhino Keeper
    Something weird is also happening with planting, using the healing spa and the trading portal. In all 3 areas, I have either started planting, set a dragon to disenchant or heal, wait for the timer to show and tick down a bit, then I go away for a few minutes (breeding, gathering coins) come back to check, and one or more of the planting’s is gone, the healing spa has quit, and the trading portal has nothing in it.

Yesterday I set a super rare to disenchant, and later, I noticed it wasn’t there anymore so I had to redo it. I lost about 8 hours off that. What gives with the glitchy operations?

Farm Supplier
    when I breed my dragons there is only one out of 2 that disappears or none just a progress bar
    and always the game that lakes the first time once I fly over all my dragons and leave the game open it goes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast