Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Designer Ideas

Fashion Designer

Kingdom Designer Ideas

Hi all, I play Castle Story for the lovely artwork, and as such, love to come up with nice Kingdom layouts instead of the random jumble that so many others have. There's such limited space though and SO many decorations and buildings, I thought i'd create a thread where we can just post Ideas and Photos of epic arrangements. [Not sure if there were any other threads on this topic in the past] It's really an art form, much like bouquet making, that forces you to think of attractive designs with limited space. Below i'm listing some topics to help generate discussion!

~Deco VS Buildings: It's always a challenge create a town or kingdom atmosphere [by using most of your epic buildings] because there's SO MUCH amazing deco. I'm mulling over a future redesign in my kingdom that will have Housing Development districts and industry, and shopping areas. With a few parks here and there.

~Walls and Roads. I know some people use neither, but we've bought and earned so much beautiful stuff that it should be on display! I'm currently in a "roads" mode as that helps keep the city design alive, but walls should not be neglected either. And the many different types of walls are a challenge to work harmoniously with. There's also the idea of walling your whole kingdom in.

~The River. I currently don't have the river as it takes up so much space, but if there's ideas on what to sacrifice to allow a river, i'd love to hear ideas. Also it's fun to make a beginning and an end to the river by using the Fairy Bridge and the Rainbow River.

~Size extremes. How do we deal with the scale of some items being so different from others?!

~Alicorns and Dragons. WE all want all our dragons and alicorns out to maximize energy and gem collection, but what is the best way to arrange them? All in one obnoxious herd to ease collection, or spread out on the board in thematic accord?

~Trees. Trees make your kingdom look more natural but take up valuable space. And there's plenty of "special" Tree deco that could take the regular's place.

~Seasonal and thematic areas. Do we have an area for all seasons? How do we handle rotation when the seasons roll around? Do we have areas for ocean, troll, and other themes, and how does this fit into the city design plan?

~Event areas. Do we reserve an area for limited time event projects so that we don't have to mess up our other designs?

~Expansions. The bane of the city planner. Is it worth it to gem the expansion permits now that we have the chance to get more via the wolf and the flygers? What's your way of getting expansion permits the fastest?

~Gardens. While needed for many quests, they really eat up space. is it better to make one large garden, have many small gardens around the board for thematic purposes. [idea: backyard gardens at people's homes, or in community gardens]

~Color Thematics. We have lots of regular color themes, tons of pink/valentine themes, now a new blue Asian theme, and other smaller color themes. What's the best way to incorporate them into the kingdom? Should the pink stuff only come out in the spring or should there be a permanent "love" area? [sounds good to me!]

~PETITION we need to petition the game developers to make a way to organize and browse our inventory WAY faster and easier then it is. It's the main thing that keeps me from redesigning is the torture of hundreds of pages of items. They could at least redesign the screens to show 6 items per page. that would help a LOT! Also a simple text list [without photos] could also be in line, then you could have them in alphabetical order and easily find what you're looking for!

~Photos. The best way to explain your awesome design plan is to share a photo!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfps116 View Post

~PETITION we need to petition the game developers to make a way to organize and browse our inventory WAY faster and easier then it is. It's the main thing that keeps me from redesigning is the torture of hundreds of pages of items. They could at least redesign the screens to show 6 items per page. that would help a LOT! Also a simple text list [without photos] could also be in line, then you could have them in alphabetical order and easily find what you're looking for!

this, and a search bar

Executive Chef
    Cool thread!
    I'll have to come back to it when I have more time but meanwhile, check out this old thread about kingdom designs:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...f-Your-Kingdom

PS. I seem to remember more threads about similar topics, too...but this was the only one I could find with a quick search.

Nightclub Owner
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Executive Chef
    Come check out my kingdom!

I have been working toward the ultimate design. My kingdom has a working road system and lots of trees.
    It also has districts like you mentioned... shopping district , industrial district , festival grounds , residential pockets etc...

Fashion Designer
    This is a good idea.... I am forever trying to balance style with practicality when it comes to my kingdom. Kind of like the dilemma with shoes!
    No Gems For Runes!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Come check out my kingdom!

I have been working toward the ultimate design. My kingdom has a working road system and lots of trees.
    It also has districts like you mentioned... shopping district , industrial district , festival grounds , residential pockets etc...
    wow nice kingdom. personally i'd not use so many trees, but i like the overall look. you stuck with the "older" CS themes of the brown road and the original walls.

Fashion Designer
    I have also strived for a logical placement of items in my kingdom. So I do have themed areas, largest of which is my homage to all things pink--Love Shack included. Others are Troll, Lady Griselda and the more "wicked" things, Workshops and mines with outdoor kitchen and Tinkers Camp populated by the gnomes. The knights have their area with Barracks, tavern, horse pasture" etc. Faeries have theirs. Farm animals are not lined up nose to tail but have a nice pasture. I do have a fairly large area clear for working on whatever is need for a current even such as putting out a bunch of farmhouses or other buildings.

Do come visit my kingdom of Poicephalus And before you ask, its named after my Brown Head parrot, scientific name Poicephalus ******xanthus.

Rhino Keeper
    I love this! I really want to see photos of some kingdoms that have some type of order =D
    I’ll share mine but just FYI I haven’t redecorated since November and places I’ve expended and new event deco is temporarily set up. Redecorating takes hours if not days lol I think that’s what I’ll do on my birthday haha
    My 3 things I’d love to change is obviously more space, easier way to navigate inventory and no path limit, I’d love to have stone path throughout my kingdom. For now I’m doing the romantic path since there’s no limit and it keeps dropping from the pink animals but it’s a bit too pink for my taste. I love to have my kingdom as practical and realistic as possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E0188B60-1B77-47B7-8672-E8C512A8D7F5.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	44315

Name:	06B15A92-28CC-4CE7-BE40-77AA9F55AED2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	44317

Name:	561A7544-AE15-4617-B0EC-70E2E2324649.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	44316

Name:	B1D546B5-E08C-4CB3-A121-0BD781BCA0D8.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	44318

Name:	BD8E1F54-0BBC-43AB-B338-CB345E6C1BA9.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	44319

I like to keep my tallest buildings on the upper left and right so that they don’t block anything. I want to dedicate more space to faeries too. When I finish expending in the western corner I will redecorate and post pics =D

Fashion Designer
    nice tip about the tall buildings!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast